Reviews for Empress Ascendant
Bellastalker chapter 20 . 3/28/2023
... just fucking out coil? idiot
Zehel2010 chapter 34 . 3/28/2023
Luna, a bit more and you will be laughing about blood for blood gods as you slaughter infants...Thanks for update!
NeverDead571 chapter 34 . 3/28/2023
Good Soup, Seconds please.
DiveLord chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
Ya know what? I’m ok with this. Proper Psyker!Luna is a great foil/anti-hero. Now Taylor has something like a peer to grow against.
S33R chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
nice, wish we could have heard Valdor speak after his power 'failed' or his thoughts
Wolfman217 chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
YAAAAS LUNA ARISE!

I do love this fic but Luna is flat out more likeable than Taylor at this point - why? Because Luna has been proactive the entire time she's been around. She's always moving towards a goal. Taylor has been stagnating and reacting for a while now. She's got passively stronger through using the warp but that's it. She hasn't built anything knew or noticeably improved anything. She hasn't set up an organization or even recruited anybody for anything. She has no plans or objective despite, you know, knowing Scion/Zion is a thing that needs destroying.

She's a status quo protectorate hero now. She patrols, she reacts, she follows orders - if in a snarky, rebellious way she still follows them - her number one priority at basically any point is working with the PRT, not because she finds it *that* important but just because she has NO priorities so it defaults to number one during cape business (which is basically all the fic follows her doing).

Her life is basically - patrol, snark, fight, snark, protect dad, snark, follow orders, snark, plan to destroy luna at...some point, snark.

Cool Taylor, it's not like Humanity is falling apart or anything. Even if the Endbringers and Zion magically disappeared humanity is still currently slowly being fucked.

I also really don't like the fact that she basically hasn't even considered Luna might be useful or a good ally or that Luna actually has a point. She's just completely and only 'got to get around to destroying Luna at some point'.

Luna has done more to affect humanity long term at this point - just by actively getting a group together that fucks up some people that need fucking up that can (theoretically) continue to exist if she disappears.

If Luna dropped dead she'd still have an ongoing impact through her group - if Taylor did, the world would not even notice, her dad would be devasted and a couple of protectorate heroes and Lisa would be like be 'aww, shame', but that's it.

Like I said, I love this fic but please have Taylor actually proactively DO something, not just react to things being thrown at her.
Sebine chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
Actually I do mind
how dare you.
HolyKnight5 chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
The last line... Given Luna's memories.. I would have expected her to say "And now.. The Great Crusade for Humanity's True Destiny it shall soon Start..."
Diaspared chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
How I feel about the Luna plotline will depend entirely on her actual motives and end goals. Specifically, how I feel about Taylor and the PRT just letting her do her thing without interfering. They're being insultingly and almost parodically negligent, but whether I find that uncharacteristic complacency to be a grating negative or ignorable in service of the plot will depend on Luna's use of that time.

It's unclear what she actually wants! If she wants to play antihero and force Taylor to step up and guide the world rather than fuck around in Brockton, that's a very different scenario than her wanting to usurp Taylor. If she's earnestly trying to force a conflict between duty and autonomy for Taylor, it feels very different than if she just wants to take a shot at her progenitor.
ShadeslayerX chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
For a second it seemed that Luna was going to get an impromptu Daemon Prince transformation due to a wrong calculation. But it seems we got a jury-rigged Magnus-Kurze combo.
Aadarm chapter 34 . 3/27/2023
Yes, tearing holes in reality to the Warp on planets is just a grand idea Luna. Congrats EmpTay you have your first idiot Heretic.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/5/2023
She basically has CYOA V1 Emperor with the added bonus of having the actual emperor coaching her, but she is so mediocre. its kinda sad really. If cannon continues with bakudo, travelers, levi, S9, etc all comming you might aswell stop here, her bug controll was better than the way you wrote this power.
chm01 chapter 33 . 2/27/2023
I thought Astartes were castrated?
Kyllix chapter 19 . 2/26/2023
this would have been better if we hadn't already had multiple scenes of Taylor and the emperor debating the morality of killing and such, just felt like a repeat. if the clone hadn't come back i wouldn't really have had further issue with this chapter, but this just ruins the entire thing for me. it's just so forced, especially the scene where Luna takes basically no damage from being fried due to 'willpower', she should have just had her brain melted out.
Kyllix chapter 15 . 2/26/2023
the fights in this are kind of frustrating. with raijin it at least makes sense since she wants him to get away, and the teeth just outmatched her. the fight against hookwolf was really good.
but cricket and storm tiger, Taylor hits them really hard, but they just seem to ignore it, no broken bones even though that would probably take them out until they get to othala. the fights just feel kind of forced and drawn out to try and create dramatic tension. and Taylor often just punches people with the gauntlets turned off for some reason, a good hit should really take a non brute out, or at least create an opening.

also people who are knocked unconscious keep getting up in a couple minutes without being woken up by a healer. i know it's superhero logic, but it still feels really unrealistic

it feels to me that the rules aren't consistent when applied to Taylor/allies compared to their opponents.

still, thanks for the read, I'm looking forward to what comes next.
1,623 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »