Reviews for Empress Ascendant
scyfly chapter 2 . 2/13
leaving school is a weakness...

imma gonna stay and suffer in silence instead of taking my exams and do something usefull.

that sounds like a great plan
scyfly chapter 2 . 2/13
she isnt really using her powers all that well is she. her psychics work at a small city scale but she barely uses it more than a house in range.
I really like your story. Both the concept and the writing style. That being said, there are a few points of constructive criticism that I want to mention:

1. Taylor's tendency for theatrics. She tends to engage in typical superhero / supervillain banter, and the emperor doesn't even bother advising against it. Take the Lung fight, for example. One single concentrated shot of psychic power to the brain could either turn Lung into a bumbling idiot or take out his Corona pollentia, robbing him of his powers or even killing him. Instead, she gives him time to ramp up while using half-hearted attacks and lots of banter. Stupid.

2. The lack of tech. While the emperor is not a member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, I bet he has plenty of offer in terms of technology. This would basically make Taylor a tinker, and yet she doesn't immediately start gathering parts. Again, stupid.

3. The lack of power. Even if Taylor's power is reduced significantly compared to that of the Emperor, it shouldn't be to the extent that she struggles to defeat even street-level villains. Honestly, she did better with bug powers than with the powers of the fucking Emperor of Mankind, and that is a bit pathetic.
bankerrtx01 chapter 37 . 2/9
I’d like to think that Luna and Taylor would create the imperium then if Taylor takes a sabbatical Luna would step up and rule in her stead looking like Taylor’s form.
Nullblaster chapter 39 . 2/7
Seems like The Empress is just as willing to punish as she is to protect.
The Normie chapter 39 . 2/3
Can't wait for the reaction of Haven when Luna, Cynthia and Alastor get wings and show up in a endbringer fight.. That would be an interesting reaction topic for alot of the heroes..
AvidReader2425 chapter 11 . 2/2
Honestly, despite the harshness of my last comment, I really do like the overall story, and the comedic moments are great, and the action scenes are entertaining. But the way she fights drives me crazy lol. If you have a mid range weapon, stay mid range as long as possible to best make use of that weapon, before you are forced into closer, hand to hand or weapon combat. She also needs some kind of flash, bang, grenade or rooms, maybe a taser that can shoot at a mid range, distance, and again, better use of her mid range weapons against people like hookwolf. At the very least her new bio kinesis should be very entertaining.
AvidReader2425 chapter 10 . 2/2
Eh, honestly, Taylor loves making bad decisions and being as efficient as possible to make sure she doesn’t really get anything done despite her capabilities. She has the ability for a variety of weapons that are good to mid and long range, but doesn’t choose them. She doesn’t care about her father, she make stupid decisions, and I’m just waiting for some horrible event like her father getting killed for her to take things seriously. Honestly, the story feels apathetic at best.
AvidReader2425 chapter 9 . 2/2
Thanks for another enjoyable chapter, and I like the technological build up. I also rather enjoy the emperors, rather dry humor at times. Lastly, I assume that, as the shard, slowly withers away, it will allow further evolution of her body, to where she becomes a fool Replica base of what the emperor used to be, that’s allowing her to evolve to his heights, and may be in her own direction.
AvidReader2425 chapter 8 . 2/2
Thanks for the entertaining Interlude
AvidReader2425 chapter 7 . 2/2
That was an absolutely awesome and incredibly kick ass fight, although I do look forward to when she can upgrade her armor and gear.
AvidReader2425 chapter 6 . 2/1
Thank you very much for another excellent chapter, and I wonder if she could take any inspiration for her future armor from the order of the sacred rose?
AvidReader2425 chapter 5 . 2/1
Thank you for another, entertaining chapter
AvidReader2425 chapter 4 . 2/1
I definitely enjoyed the Interlude, thank you very much
AvidReader2425 chapter 3 . 2/1
Hopefully Taylor can save Diana Alcott, thanks for another, entertaining chapter
1,622 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »