Reviews for Hogwarts Protection System
senawario chapter 1 . 10/16
good plot device, very original
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 10/14
Not a bad story. Where was complete protection like this when JKR needed it?
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 10/9
Fun story! I always enjoy stories where Dumbledore gets smacked around by McGonagall and Amelia (figuratively speaking ... although I don't mind seeing Minerva actually belt him in the chops and Amelia manhandle him into a jail cell at the Ministry). I love the way they jerked the rug out from under him this time.

I'm glad Harry went into Hufflepuff this time around. I have always believed that both he and Neville truly belonged there. Those two needed loyal friends, and Ron certainly doesn't qualify, IMO. Hermione was loyal enough, but I think she will prefer the more studious nature of Ravenclaw to the looser atmosphere of Gryffindor, especially with Ron's laziness and the flighty Lavender and Parvati. Harry will befriend her and Neville anyway, because neither of them share the house bigotry like Ron does.

The Rosier kid was more than scary with his Assassin's Ring. Harry's lack of knowledge of such things would have seen him an instant victim. I hope Rosier was the only potential assassin on the horizon for the time being. Harry needs some time to relax, get to know the Wizarding world and his new family, and have fun. Since he no longer has the soul fragment in his head, Dumbledore should be able to handle Moldy from here on out!

Maybe the Unspeakables will even have the Horcruxes finished off soon. Since they have the main fragment contained, perhaps they can just toss him through the Veil and be done with him, once they have all of the pieces. Of course, Dumbledore will probably die or lose his marbles if that happens. He'll have lost his life's purpose! If only ...
Bentears chapter 1 . 9/24
lol this was fabulous! I loved it.. GO SORTING HAT woohoo!
envirosue chapter 1 . 9/21
Fun idea
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 9/21
very good
Locothehood chapter 1 . 9/19
Are you gonna continue this one? Cause i got to say your off to a good start if you are, you've dismantled the canon plot quite thoroughly setting harry in a house that has little to no screen time whatsoever with characters that were pretty much relegated to background extras in the original work letting you take many liberties with how they interact.

Point is if your gonna make more im going to read more.

Mind you i don't comment often until the end of the story so don't feel bad if this is the only one you see for a while.
Rusty chapter 1 . 9/16
Very enjoyable thank you
kimjo2 chapter 1 . 9/10
The more stories like this I read the less of a Dumbdoor fan I am. Great fun. Thanks so much
mackiechandler chapter 1 . 8/29
I enjoyed this. The magical ones seem so sloppy in the books. This was a great idea.
Calmzone1 chapter 1 . 8/29
It would be great to do either another chapter for 2nd year or another one shot. I really enjoyed it. But then again, if Ms Rowling wrote it this way, it wouldn't have been a multi-billion dollar series. ;)
V. L. Crawford chapter 1 . 8/25
That was wonderful.
HPMARIE chapter 1 . 8/22
Love it!
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 8/17
Different and well-written one shot.

Thanks for sharing!
KariAnn chapter 1 . 8/16
Assuming Harry is Dorea's grandson, Tonks would be his 2nd cousin, once removed. I come from a large multi cross generational family - we just use "cousin".