Reviews for Farewell, Frodo
a random dwarf chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
It is nice. It's probably harder for Merry and Pippin then it was for Sam because Sam had a chance to see him again many years later, but Merry and Pippin never will again.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
It's a bitter sweet story.
Lila Grubb chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
Never again will I look upon the sea, for it is no longer a place of wonder. It has taken my beloved cousin away from me and taken the other Ring-bearers away from Middle-earth. The Third Age of this world is over.
*Sob*
There are many fics about Sam's feelings at the Grey Havens. It makes a change to read one from Pippin's POV. And so well written. Unlike Sam, Pippin, and Merry, didn't have any hope that they would ever see Frodo again.
shireling chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
It is a tragedy that this wonderfull, perceptive and heartbreaking story has not recieved the recognition it deserves.

Thank you, you have made my day.

Helen
Kit5 chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
The first error I see is that this beautiful piece has a mere 4 reviews. Unthinkable.

I am wiping tears away as I read this; we see little of Pippin's viewpoint at the Havens, and know how it hurt him and Merry nearly so much as it hurt Sam.

But always they would have their love for each other, and their memories.
helga chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
This is very beautifully written. I like this picture of Pippin, different from the usual fool-of-a-Took characters - although I like those, too!

This feels very much "in canon," something that the "real" character might have said and thought.

I've alweays appreciated these "additions" to LOTR that kind of fill in the gaps.
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
This is incredibly, incredibly sad (and excellent). Very true to the book and just heart-breaking.
aelfgifu chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
anything having to do with the grey havens makes me all teary. A really sweet fic. WA!
shirebound chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
I'll review this as many times as you post it! What a wonderful, poignant story. "There is a lightness in his eyes that I have missed these last few years, and shall never see again after today."

And my favorite line, "his longing to stay, his need to go." I could just weep. Beautiful story.