Reviews for Moments of Realization
meek-bookworm chapter 3 . 9/25/2017
Was certain I followed this story, but I guess the good thing about not getting updates is I now have 5 whole chapters to read :)

Personally I see Snape as a scab picker-if something irritates his perception of the world (especially in a way that he knows it will be personally painful to investigate) I can't see him leaving it alone. On the other hand he also knows his investigations could harm Rigel and he may care for Rigel enough to turn a blind eye (though he does consider Rigel a child and as Rigel's head of house he likely feels a duty to investigate).

I really loved the characterization with the children and their petty secrets and the bit about making discrete inquiries about the legilimency! Was a bit surprised to not see a mention of the potions he replaced in Rigel's kit-there's the period related ones he likely saw and he could have added something to help (or trip up) the ruse as well.

Thanks for this great portrait of denial!
badculture chapter 7 . 9/25/2017
Ooh smart! I like how Lucius's first thought is to wrap up the life debt like, "Excellent, now I will not have to make any real actual sacrifice!" It's so transactional.

I've started to notice there are people in the world who are just like "the-rules-are-the-rules" but haven't actually formed their own moral framework. It just doesn't occur to them that they need to think about whatever authority they're following.

I imagine that having a life debt system could potentially backfire by making people think about abstract moral obligations in a very transactional way, rather than putting any real thought into what they really do owe, if there are situations in which they actually shouldn't pay their debt, and so on.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/21/2017
I wanna hear from Regulus.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/19/2017
PLEASE UPDATE! Love your book
Guest chapter 6 . 9/17/2017
I want to see a Lucius POV realization too! Please update and do Lucius! Please?
Guest chapter 6 . 9/12/2017
Please do Lucius' POV soon? Please? I'd love to see his "moment of realization" as well. Pretty please, with sugar and spice, with a banana split with double the cherries on top? PLEASE? Pretty please? I'd offer my soul, but unfortunately I've already sold that to Violet. Sorry. ️️️️️️️️
Haley chapter 6 . 9/7/2017
THANK YOU, SO, SO MUCH! Thank you for fulfilling my request. I hope you do Lucius Malfoy soon, or do him next, but I'm not gonna push it considering this masterpiece that you've given us. THANK YOU! I really enjoyed it, you did great! I hope you update soon, but no rush or pressure. Again, thank you. I loved it!
badculture chapter 6 . 9/6/2017
This made my day! :)

I like how Riddle mentally distances himself and belittles Harry by referring to her as 'the boy' or 'the girl' (and how he ends up tripping himself up in the process). It suggests to me that this is more of a hang up for him than the other characters.

I'm a little surprised that Riddle doesn't see this as an opportunity for some serious blackmail. Alternatively I could see him wanting to keep Harry a secret because if she's discovered it could end up being a PR disaster for his party - "super adorable competent half-blood arrested" is maybe not the headline he wants to see in the papers
Guest chapter 6 . 9/6/2017
This was great. I've been having a rough time but you brought joy back to me for the duration of your piece. Thank you
Guest chapter 5 . 9/3/2017
Please update!
Zendeh chapter 4 . 9/3/2017
To be honest, I always thought that Harry would tell Remus first, because he is the most unbiased, the most level headed. It makes sense that he'd wait for her to tell him, but figure it out in his own way. Until she comes to him, he can ensure that she can face whatever mess she's in.
Zendeh chapter 2 . 9/3/2017
ALSO FITTING! Leo, confronting her because he truly has nothing to lose, or at least he think he doesn't. He's not the type to wait, especially once he thinks he knows everything. The minute he knows that she's doing something dangerous, Leo wants in and will push to get it. How else can he keep her safe?
Thanks for your hard work!
Zendeh chapter 1 . 9/3/2017
I actually love how ambiguously this ends. Of course Rosier would focus more on how he could leverage this situation for himself, though who knows when he'd make his move. This is incredibly in character, to end it here so we as the reader have the same sense of impending doom as Harry, somewhere out there, also has.
AMAZED AND AWED chapter 5 . 8/29/2017
Could you do Tom Riddle's? Or Lucius Malfoy's? Please? Pretty please with cherries on top?
Vaughn Tyler chapter 5 . 8/17/2017