Reviews for Soul Scars
Schlechtigkeit chapter 49 . 10/20
I regret that what I am going to write may not make sense because I am using the google translator for this to be in English, however since it took four intense days of reading in this story I must say that: I love this fanfic, I love you for writing it and fuck, the relationship of these four I love her too. I'll wait for the time it takes for the update to come out: v Thank you for marveling at this story
jps986 chapter 9 . 10/14
Just a minor nit-pick, but it's something that has driven me crazy ever sense I saw it pointed out in an Author's Note somewhere...emancipated minor is an oxymoron. By definition, if you are emancipated you are no longer a minor. So Harry is, at 11 years old, an emancipated ADULT, with all the good and bad that comes with that.

I'll be interested in seeing where things go with that, as an 11 year old really doesn't have the emotional maturity or basic knowledge to be able to handle themselves as an adult, add in he's a "high functioning sociopath" and it's even worse. Very few stories, at least in my mind, seem to deal with the consequences of emancipation in very young children. Practically, a 15 year old or maybe an incredibly mature and well grounded 14 year old might be able to handle it, but younger than that is a train wreck waiting to happen. Harry's temper alone puts him with half a foot in Azkaban...the law no longer makes exception for a child making bad decisions after all once he is emancipated and therefore an adult. Frankly, I'd expect Amelia to be downright terrified that an abused 11 year old is now subject to adult law.
Face Yourself chapter 12 . 10/13
Okay, the story started off really good, but all these relapses that just delete prior character growth and add needless, pointless, annoying drama instead of letting the story actually move forward are becoming far too much of a trend and ruining it.
Face Yourself chapter 6 . 10/13
... That is the best twist on "killed or worse expelled" I have ever seen.
Face Yourself chapter 3 . 10/12
Gryffindor? Surprising, that's the second to last place I'd have expected them to go if they had to all go together - and if this weren't a fanfic, meaning that sadly 85% of the time the worst house is where characters go unless going to a different house is the main idea behind the story.
Elpadre2112 chapter 49 . 10/10
hey how are you doing ? I hope that well and when you upload the next chapter that I am desperate to see the continuation I am already worried that something has happened to you or you are not going to continue the story
Great
Good
B00kw0rm92 chapter 49 . 10/9
I still adore this story and I’m so glad they were finally able to move forward with the bond! I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 8 . 10/8
Ok, we’re forty nine chapters in, what the hell is with Harry and putting salt in his coffee. It’s been bugging the hell out of me
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 7 . 10/7
Is pinching the bridge of his nose something Harry got from his mother and because Susan has red hair she reminds him of Lily?
Dogco94 chapter 49 . 10/7
Love this!
Dragon-bait-2001 chapter 13 . 10/7
nooo sorcerers stone. damn americanization
Well i just finidhed the last chapter so far and i have to say this is one of the best stories i have read yet hope you make more chapters they are great to read
rorpuissant chapter 26 . 10/6
That chapter was pretty powerful, that's how I perceived it anyway. The goblin nation, the alliance, even valentine day.

But at the same time there are many little point and plot holes that add up and show for the rest of the story, among them are notably :
- If the goblin are how they are, they shouldn't be so respectful of Harry and the fact that the Potter family is apparently the only one they mention as good to the goblin nation (which apparently goes beyond UK) is really hard to believe.
- Here we have a case of "Why the hell would you do that ?" in Hermione going to the library, where it is said in this very chapter that it is dangerous, when you gave the protagonists a perfectly safe and discreet equivalent with the room of requirement. She could even have access to the restricted section. She wasn't in hurry but said "The room is too far, I've got to get to the library" as if it was a logical thought. Too far for what ? To give a reason for the plot to go in one particular direction ? Or to get petrified ?
- We cannot be sure about the way the bond work except for one thing (from what I gathered from your story), and that it's supposed to link yourself (by your soul) to the one person that match you on a universal plan. Here we have Harry that got his soul scattered a little violently so instead of reaching one girl that could be a match, it reached three. While it's a good premise, the idea for a guy to be linked to a lesbian doesn't seem like a soulbond as your story mean it. Even if she later discover that she can be something like bi for Harry alone or something, it still mean that for years before that point, the soulbond was illogical. And I do not believe you will come with a justification for that later in the story. It certainly doesn't sound like a match made in heaven, no matter what mama Greengrass say about having faith in your soul. That's something I always thought about with other multi-soulbond stories around Harry, but yours is good enough that it would gain at staying logical on this particular point.
- Last is the way every students under 15 act in your story (a lot of the fanfics actually). They are still children like Grandma Longbottom said wisely. They shouldn't be able to act all serious business (except maybe a witch with a rally harsh training like Daphne, and that's still a stretch since she often act warmer that you described her at the start), and they certainly shouldn't have the mental capacity to hold everything that's happening around them so perfectly in their minds. The movies and books were actually good on these points since they acted more often that none like children. Here that's a constant drama of 'more than adult' problems with very little fun actions. While it can be justified with a 'we skipped the having fun parts', it doesn't explain why children could act like that when the young nobles of a century or two before couldn't.

A lot of the critics I provide you are easy to place on quite a few other fanfic, and I generally put those in the back of my mind when I see them. But I find yours story good enough and logical enough that these are like pushed to face of the readers. I genuinely like your story, the long chapters, the slow progression in Harry and the girls psyche, and I wouldn't mind even if you don't give explanations for most interrogations you received. I can only imagine how much of a headache it is to keep every characters and interactions up-to-date. Have fun writing.
1,561 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »