Reviews for Teras In The Rain
Sandbat chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
About eight years after having discovered this story - it was my introduction to the pit, actually - I have to admit that I am still both deeply in awe of and deeply envious of this story. I want to know more about Nexus 7!Roy and the motley family who has taken him in. I wish there were more of this. This is so awesome.
FIshy chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
You made my day with this story!
Frizz the Eccentric chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Wow. That was aboslutly beautiful! An excellant story.
Boy Ratty chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Very well written. I like the internal dialogues you invented, imagining what might heva been going on in Batty's mind.

I would be interested to see where you might go with this, but perhaps you had no intention of finishing it.

One minor issue- He was naked from the waist up, not from the waist down! That would have been rather... awkward.
NicolinaN chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
Beautiful thing! Beautiful story. :) I've always loved Bladerunner, and especially Roy.

Fierytheangelsfell chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
This is very nice. Well written, mostly in character. But I want you to consider two things.

1. Roy removing the nail from his hand. The nail through the palm of Roy's hand is a Christ metaphor. If he takes it out that also has powerful implications. Do you really want that?

2. "I want more life, father" vs. "I want more life- FUCKER." The later is what Rutger Hauer says in the movie although I'm not so sure its what it says in the script. He took liberties with the script including improvising the great "tears in the rain" line. I think his choice to use the stronger f-word says a lot. Roy does not plead here, he DEMANDS.
Jane chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Wow! This is a very interesting take on the story and what could be past it. your descirptions are very elegant but not contrived. Roy Batty has always been one of my favourite characters in cinema, and you played into his personality perfectly. Well done.
Archeonistas chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Way damn cool!

The thoughts and memories of a replicant..

I loved it...

And not only because I grew up with Rutger Hauer on TV over here...

Ldihawk chapter 1 . 6/4/2003
I've read this story many times and it continues to impress and move me. Your writing is so beautifully poignant and perfectly captures Batty's last moments (my favorite scene in probably my favorite film)The new characters are wonderful as well. My only criticism is that it seems to end to abruptly and leaves the reader wanting more.
watagashi chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
I'm You're such a good writer! I would never have thought of things that way. Roy seemed like one insane machine in the movie, but you relly opened up his more human side. Excuse me while I go watch the movie again *runs toward the den, slams into the wall. Gets up and tries the door this time* Ja Ne
crapmonger chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Wow. Perfect follow up to the end of the movie/book.

Excellent writing style.

Just. Great.
Bill Newhouse chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
It' a very enjoyably told tale. Should be expanded to a whole new seris of stories. BNe
Antoinette chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
Now, that's not good enough - you introduce these fascinating new characters and then have the nerve to leave us dangling. Loved the first part of the story.
DQuartermane chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
That was very very good. I am not sure what else to say other than that.
Heatherly chapter 1 . 11/9/2001
A Wonderful beginning. However "I could be bounded in a nut shell and count myself King

of the Universe were it not that I have bad dreams" is from Hamlet not A Mid Summer Night's Dream.