Reviews for MINDSCAPE - The Healling Journey
thatemomathkid chapter 40 . 2/26
Fantastic story. I will be recommending this as a well handled abuse story as they are rare.
LadyVictra chapter 1 . 12/26/2020
This story was beautiful! I adore your writing and greatly admire your style. You’re amazing! This is the third of your stories that I’ve read so far. They just keep getting better! Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful, writing holiday :)
Me And Not You 1001 chapter 40 . 12/14/2020
That was unlike any Severitus type fic I've ever read. It was different and the trials of the book are still there and Harry isn't okay. I love how you left it open-ended. Like everything wasn't okay, but it could and would be, in our own minds. It was really well done and while it had dark subjects in it, you covered them well. You didn't seem to over- or under- do it. This is a favorite, I'll definitely be coming back to visit this fic again, sometime in the future.
excessivelyperky chapter 40 . 11/24/2020
Yay! I am so glad that Sirius was sensible the moment he heard that Harry needed him. You don't expect it, really.

And I do wish you would continue this, but Harry is on the way to be healed, and that's good.
excessivelyperky chapter 39 . 11/24/2020
Aha, Harry is listening (however badly) to good sense. Did Harry get the mirror from Sirius in this version? Or has he forgotten all about it?

But Snape will be happy to fetch Sirius in this case, and if it's to help Harry, Sirius might not try to murder Snape for once.
excessivelyperky chapter 38 . 11/22/2020
Aww, I'm so glad that Severus and Covey were able to give Harry that one night as a kid hiding from the dark with Mum and Dad.

(too bad Sev had to lock down the part of him that wanted that comfort for himself, but as we know from this story, his problems don't matter).
excessivelyperky chapter 37 . 11/22/2020
I know that Harry doesn't care if he blows up half the castle, but sadly for him Snape *does*. Sigh. And if he doesn't care about brewing potions or his grade, it's a pity he can't just drop the class. It's not fair to Snape. Or to Hermione, who *does* care.

That being said, Harry did have a good idea. But I suspect Hermione has had a better one.

And perhaps they'll realize they need to do something about that scar that Harry has.
excessivelyperky chapter 36 . 11/21/2020
But Harry only had to stay at the Dursleys for two weeks to keep the charm going in canon (once someone besides Dumbledore knew he was being abused).

And why can't Harry stay with Petunia someplace else besides Privet Drive? Or has to go back at all? That's never been made clear.

Plus, Harry will never trust a fancy meal or a glass of wine again.
excessivelyperky chapter 35 . 11/20/2020
I am surprised that Albus didn't get reports from Mrs. Figg how Harry was being treated, and somehow didn't know what was going on. Funny how in canon, Harry only had to stay two weeks out of the year at the Dursleys once *someone else* knew what was going on with them, isn't it?

Albus bears a lot more responsibility and guilt than we're seeing in this story, but oh well.
excessivelyperky chapter 34 . 11/19/2020
Actually, Harry needs his normal dreams; people go nuts if they can't get REM sleep. But Harry does need to know the difference between normal dreams and Voldie-dreams, and only shut down the Voldie ones.
Darthedreus Bolt chapter 27 . 11/19/2020
I really like the story so far. But for me I don’t like Covey sometimes, and sometimes she’s alright. I guess every story has that one character for everyone. Love the story so far, keep up the good work.
excessivelyperky chapter 33 . 11/17/2020
Oh, dear, at least they finally *used their words* and they're making sense to each other, too.

I am surprised that Snape can't heal a simple broken bone, though, you'd think he'd been fixing his own since he was 15.

Still a good chapter, glad that people finally have their brains on in the upright, locked position.
excessivelyperky chapter 32 . 11/16/2020
Well, in canon Harry did go into the Pensieve of his own free will and not by accident. What Harry needs to do is to write a note explaining what happened, and how he hated what he saw of his father. That would be a start.

But this is Harry we're talking about...
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 11/14/2020
At least Harry thanked Snape (nobody ever does in canon, you know). And Snape is trying very hard to be the kind of adult that Harry needs.
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 11/12/2020
Yes, Harry has a righteous beef-Severus needs to be totally consistent with Harry.

But then, to do that well, Snape needs a healer for his own past history and flashbacks and current losses at Crucio Roulette and he'll never get that.

And Harry's not fair. If Snape had kept coming back Harry would be mad at him for *that*. Harry, this time, has set up the situation that Snape can't win at.

But then, Harry can't be mad at the people who did this to him, so he takes it out on Snape.

Like he always did in canon, too.