Reviews for Worth Fighting For
hengrimm chapter 8 . 9/22/2018
This is one of my most favorite chapters and probably the best one of all the Megstiel stories I've read as far as this "first" interaction between Castiel and Meg goes; Meg's description of their kiss is grand. It's their thoughts and actions and feelings as they interact together throughout the chapter that make it so special. You truly did an awesome job here!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 12 . 2/25/2018
Nice twist on this part of the series, to say the least.
Admittedly, a part of me wishes that you’d kept some details of Dean and Castiel’s time in Purgatory intact, as Cas ‘running out on Dean’ made sense for his mental state at that point, but I can appreciate the chain of events that led to Sam and Meg deciding to stay together despite their obviously hostile history with each other (and you kept Benny intact; I rather liked him as a character). Even the events that led to Sam gaining access to Purgatory made sense, acknowledging how suddenly easy it was to get there when Sam went to rescue Bobby after all the trouble Castiel and Crowley had just finding the place a couple of years prior. The various threats they faced once back on Earth were also handled appropriately, giving the Winchesters, Castiel and Meg a sufficient amount of time to recuperate before being hit with the next enemy without the gap being long enough to be boring or short enough to be stupid.
After that last showdown between the new ‘Team Free Will’ and Naomi’s forces, my only ‘compliant’ about this storyline is that you haven’t followed it up; I for one would really enjoy seeing how Henry Winchester and Abaddon would react to learning that the world has been saved from God’s prototypes by two hunters, a ‘fallen’ angel and a ‘risen’ demon…
hengrimm chapter 12 . 1/17/2018
I *love* this story! I just finished it for the fifth time and still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I love how you portray Meg ... probably because that's how I see her too. I love how a relationship develops between Meg and Castiel, and how they are constantly in each other's thoughts. I love the Purgatory scenes and your take on how it would affect an angel. I also love your portrayal of Benny and how Sam isn't an ass to him. I love how you tweak and combine canon episodes to make this new very satisfying "episode." I loved the scene with questioning the demon about Purgatory and how she sees the way to upset Meg is through her angelic boyfriend and how Meg can no longer hide what she feels about him and comes clean to Sam about it. In fact, I really liked the interactions between Sam and Meg while they were working together to get to Purgatory. I loved how Castiel stayed with Dean in Purgatory and how this allowed Dean to get over any lingering resentment towards Cas and I hope Cas's broken "'Please don't leave'" broke Dean the same way it broke me, seeing as how Dean left him in the psych ward and Cas is afraid if he messes up here, Dean will leave him again. (The frigging bastard, anyway.) There was so much action and excitement throughout, then with the angels coming on after TFW finally gets reunited, that the last chapter with just comfort and wrapping up and planning a beach vacation (hooray!) was really special. I love the image of Meg wearing Cas's trench coat against the cool night at the end and especially the last paragraph, hinting at what's finally going to happen between the two of them.

It's really just such a completely satisfying read and one of my all time favorite Megstiel stories.

Thanks for sharing!
ShadowXMoonlight chapter 12 . 9/28/2017
I freaking love this.
DarknessShinesOn chapter 4 . 9/20/2017
Poor Cas learned self hatred from the best. Dean Winchester. I didn't want Cas to leave! Noo! At least he does have Benny, but sadness!
I love that Sam was able to pull Meg out of that dark hole she was stuck in. It's so funny how both brothers are working with a different type of monster. Maybe Sam won't freak out as much when Dean and Benny come topside like he did in the show since he's working with a monster too.
DarknessShinesOn chapter 3 . 9/20/2017
I always did love Benny and was so disappointed when he 'died' again. Meg calling Sam a nerd actually made me lol and my coworkers looked at me funny, I don't think he thinks of him being a nerd, but he totally is.
DarknessShinesOn chapter 2 . 9/19/2017
Well I already like the fact that Dean and Cas are staying together this time, I was so pissed when he flew of 'to protect Dean' and I'm glad you are throwing the nightmares and him still being wobbly. I have always thought that it would take a while for him to feel like himself again, or even getting back to Earth after being 'nowhere' for his Grace to make a full return.
DarknessShinesOn chapter 1 . 9/19/2017
I am so behind on all my fics, but I am catching up. I really liked how this started and can't wait to see how it progresses. I've never written about Purgatory but I imagine it would be really fun/scary.
hengrimm chapter 1 . 8/12/2017
Love, love, love this story! I discovered this site 2 weeks ago and am already reading it for the third time. Thank you so much for writing and sharing it!
MoonIce20408 chapter 12 . 7/23/2017
Love this!
mckydstarlight chapter 12 . 7/6/2017
*flails with Megstiel feels THIS WAS AWESOME!
mckydstarlight chapter 11 . 7/6/2017
I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you that as I was reading this the song Whole New Workd played as Meg kissed him and then as Cas yelled "What have you done to me, Naomi!?" Shake It Off started playing and now I'm dying of laughter.
mckydstarlight chapter 10 . 7/6/2017
Samandriel! No!
mckydstarlight chapter 9 . 7/6/2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
mckydstarlight chapter 8 . 7/6/2017
I'm just gonna go have some feelings. I'll be right back.