Reviews for Fade to Black
Phanma chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Wow, that was beautiful. Very poetic.
Serpina Silver Tongue chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I've read this once before, I think, a long time ago. But anyway, I wanted to say that I love this oneshot of yours. You've captured Erik's dying thoughts and emotions beautifuly. And I don't mind him killing himself in the end. I can see it happening. Great job.
SimplyElymas chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
I love the remark on Madeleine. Something about "Are you happy now, Mother?" seems exactly right. I have high expectations for you after reading "The Apologist" and they've been filled!
Sincerely Seven chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
OMG! It was so sad... I wanted to cry! *sob* now I need to go read some humor or something... it was an icredible piece of work! Good job. And I agree with you, that if ERik were to die, he'd do it himself. But I also see him a little too stubborn to kill himself...hm...thought provoking...Well, good job!

( The Singing Fox Demon )
aeipathy chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
Oh, goodness. This hit far too close to home for me. Thank you for representing Erik so emotionally and (though some might disagree, which is their right) truthfully.
Doomed Delight chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
Really nice I like it.
runtus maximus chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Whoah. You make me feel like crying- it's that soulful. Poor Erik. (sniffs)
Susette chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
I must admit, when I read the summary for this I groaned, completely expecting yet another story where Erik whinged for a page or two about how alone he was. I was rather pleasantly surprised. You slant a bit too much towards the melodramatic for my tastes, but the story is very evocative all the same, and I think it captures the emotions of the situation quite well. I'm not sure I agree with Erik killing himself - and I know I don't agree with Christine being a blonde - but that's artistic license for you. I think you had some good insight here, and your descriptions and introspections are quite vivid. Overall, a nice job.
I No Longer chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Oh bugger, you killed him off :o)

(That's dark sarcasm weakly trying to break the tense sorrow in the phictitious air).

My favorite part about this piece is that you can really see Erik's a bit of a loon (really, he is! :o) in the way he's looking at himself through several selves. He talks to his child-self, and at the end there's that beautiful split between an objective-self and a tortured-self. I also love how he's talking to himself, Christine, and even his mother throughout.

Despite what anyone says, I think you've got an excellent hold on Erik. Don't get me wrong; I want to hug him and squeeze him (and hold him and love him to DEATH, a la Elvira) as much as the next person, but really-as you say, the guy's a murderer, and a wee bit off his rocker to boot. The part where he's ruminating on people SEEing him says it all. It's not just that he's got this mask, nor that he has this horrific face-he also got a psychotic cruelty that's his defense against what the world has done to him, and in the end, even Christine couldn't get past that. Even Erik himSELF couldn't get past that.

Again, this is an incredibly thoughtful piece. It's also quite poetic; I love the last line. You're an excellent writer and I hope to see more out of you. Now get to it!
AngelCeleste85 chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
::soft exhalation:: Holy... *that's* great writing. I'm almost afraid to think too loudly, that's so beautifully written... oh my gods, keep writing! Excellent portrayal of Erik, I love how you split his mind into the dying man and the cold scientist, nicely done on the double entendre regarding "bloody hands"... The final three lines are heartbreakers. Oh, wow... welcome to my favorites' list!
Opera Ghost Kid chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
whoa.. nice. love it. bit morbid.. i like morbid.. hehe
a muse chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
That was okay. I know that Erik was a murder but there was more to him than blood. He was a man with a good heart and he would want people to see past his past to see the real man inside. I don't think you have really done that. But I may just try to understand him better.
Phantom Aria chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
That was a hauntingly beautiful story. My favorite kind of beauty. Extremely well written.
Scented Mask chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
That was so beautifel and mesmorizing.
Mary Jo Miller chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
what a touching, moving, lovely story. I am still wiping tears off of my face.

you are a very talented writer; I hope this is what you do for a living.