Reviews for If You Need Her
lubarbero001gm chapter 31 . 10/4/2022
You began this story when I was a two year old todler and ended it when i was just a few months shy of turning three and here I am, nineteen years later, twenty one and binging it after one godsawfully long latin class and in between preparing for a latinamerican lit class and I think, gods, to think that this masterpiece of a fic had been waiting for me for nearly nineteen years, ever so patiently, through the barrier of my own native language and whatever yours might be. My grandfather says that you make friends of the authors you read, I dunno, but the way in which you understand your characters, it speaks to my soul in a form I can't yet explain and I think that is what my grandfather means when he says thay that we make friends of the authors we read, we reach an understanding on a topic, share a common interest, big feelings, we part our ways with this thought that is different and mutual and changed. In any case, thank you for leaving your work here for so long, im glad I could find it
amy chapter 13 . 12/14/2021
this made me bawl my eyes out at 12:50 in the morning, so...i hope you're happy TT~TT
M.Lalonde chapter 31 . 11/13/2019
can you believe it? I arrived fifteen years late, I had no idea that in 2004 there were fic with this quality ... that I would not have read them anyway since I was 10 years old.

I am sure that the end of the series was not yet out.

I know it is late and you have probably closed the stage of this fic, but I will remain with the intrigue of what the other endings were and the other meetings between Miroku and Sango.

And the end of that pearl, to pass the trapped existence ... tragic but beautiful, I hadn't thought so.
Rook chapter 1 . 8/1/2019
Beautiful story. I wish there were more like this, as well as more writers out there who still choose to explore this world and these characters in their original settings. So many recent stories are AUs or modern day fics. It seems like the fics written during the show’s original run are so much more superior than what’s being put out today. I loved your style, and the plot as a whole was suspenseful and so full of drama and angst. I enjoyed it more this time than the first time I read it years ago I think. I wish your were still writing for this fandom. Your rendition of Miroku and Sango was beautiful. I especially loved that vignette in the slayer village when Miroku surprised her with the rebuilt home. The slayer marriage rites were so eloquent and breathtaking, despite the brevity or the whole scene. The dialogue, the actions, just the two in that moment was so enjoyable to imagine. I wish we got to see that moment in the series.
PeculiarPie chapter 1 . 9/19/2017
I have loved this fanfic for YEARS and re-reading it this past week made me realize that I never reviewed. Tha k you for writing! This and so many others. You have a gift and I hope you are well!
lrritable-vowel-types chapter 1 . 9/18/2017
WOW. Now THIS is how you start a fic! :O
LoveIsNotAChoice chapter 31 . 4/21/2017
I know I'm 13 years late to the party but this story was perfect. I have never felt so strongly for a story as I have with this one. This obviously took a lot of time and planning and it turned out absolutely beautiful and just amazing. Bravo.
tomorrow4eva chapter 31 . 7/1/2016
Thank you grow sharing this story. I enjoyed reading it. I liked how the romance did not overwhelm your other plot, and both supported each other. You wrote all of the characters well.
LovelyLadyMindings chapter 31 . 4/4/2016
Wow, this was just fantastic! This story was just so completely original, it's amazing. Props to you. And in regards to the pattern, I actually really liked the four interludes, so I'm a bit confused on why you think you broke that pattern?

The interludes were especially great for setting up the story, while also providing a relief from Sango/ Miroku's thoughts. In that note, I found the Rin interlude to be fascinating. The way you hinted at the subtle shift, showing that how despite outwardly it was Rin, the inner thoughts were not her but instead Asesu.

Which, on that note, I was confused where Sesshomaru stood, in regards to Rin's possession. Did he know of it? If so, why was he fighting Inuyasha (I'm assuming that Inuyasha didn't start the battle - could be wrong there)? Hence, I would've expected him to have a larger role in confronting Asesu. But perhaps that's in line with the anime, he doesn't get overly involved with the group generally.

Also, while I understand that this was not an Inuyasha/Kagome centered story, I really liked your take on their characters, especially Inuyasha. The scene depicting Inuyasha's mind/soul (?) with all his manifestations fighting each other was really well done. And definitely does induce pity for him. His brusque but kind nature was also grasped very well by you. I actually found myself wanting to read more about the two/their relationship/ their thoughts. Hope you might venture towards an Inuyasha/Kagome fic one day (if you haven't already!).

And finally, Sango and Miroku. Amnesiac Miroku was just something else. I kinda liked how you had amnesiac Miroku be so markedly different from the normal Miroku, in terms of lechery and decency. But on that note, I really, really, really enjoyed Miroku's speech to Sango when he was dying. That was great and that scene in general was wonderful. And their love story was nice as well. I especially enjoyed how you concluded it, showing how though although both had been through a lot of stuff, there was no definite end that came out of it (much like life!). Their relationship stayed as warm as always but also did not delve into marriage or anything else yet. A wonderful mid-journey ending (as the journey to kill Naraku still continues). Just a beautiful ending really.

All in all, fantastic story! Thoroughly enjoyed reading this!
princess-j3ss chapter 31 . 1/12/2016
Okay, I’m not going to lie, I was almost a little nervous to read this fic because it had been recommended to me so many times when I first joined the Mirsan corner and I was like DANG WHAT IF IT DOESN’T LIVE UP?
But honestly ... it exceeded any expectations I could have had for it, oh my lord. There aren’t a lot of fanfics (or even a lot of books, to be honest) that I can say have genuinely shocked me, but there were a few points during this fic where my jaw actually dropped or I actually said ‘NO WHAT’ out loud to my laptop. It broke my heart in all the best ways and then put my heart back together. (I actually cried. More than once LMAO LET ME LIVE SCRIBE FIGAFRO.)
You’re a really incredible writer and I know you wrote this 84 years ago but I had to leave a review to tell you how brilliant I thought this fic was, and how I couldn’t stop reading it. It really was unlike anything I've read before, I was going to highlight my favourite part but then I realized I couldn't chose because I enjoyed it all.
hiraikotsus chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
This was the first fic I ever read. Anywhere. In any fandom, for any pairing. Honestly. You set the bar WAY too high for me when you blessed us with this.

When I reread this recently, I thought to myself, "Shit, now that I'm like 11 years older than when I first read this, surely I'll look at it through a different lens." And I did. And I love it even more than 13-year-old me did. It's a captivating and well thought-out plot from the very beginning, everyone is so in-character (Miroku with amnesia acts very much like a person with amnesia would, so this counts), and it's just gorgeous through and through. To me, this will always be required reading for anyone in this fandom, and DEFINITELY for anyone that ships MirSan. You do such justice to them. I feel like I can never really capture how much this fic means to me, but hopefully it comes across. Thank you a million times for this story. Present-me and 13-year-old me and every me in between is eternally grateful. :)
jj chapter 31 . 9/13/2015
that was absolutly beautiful thank you and please keep up the good work
jj chapter 29 . 9/13/2015
the rock idea is funny to me
jj chapter 1 . 9/13/2015
usually i wait till the last chapter to comment but this chapie was just to good it was excellent it caught my attention and i cant wait to read the rest
glowbox chapter 31 . 7/5/2014
Dude this was freakin awesome, you had such detail and history in this that i felt like i was taking a class (since i had to lookup a few things to understand what they were). I am both happy and depressed that this journey is over great job