Reviews for If You Need Her
jarjayes chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
it's so nice to get reviews...I want to cry...About your fic, so far so good...can't wait to get to the really good stuff
jarjayes chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
Interesting intro...I love your narrative. It was smooth and very refreshing. Let's see what the rest of this fic holds to my senses.
yumin chapter 31 . 8/17/2005
OMG! THAT WAS SO GOOD!

you really have talent dude. keep writing!
DonQuixote chapter 25 . 8/17/2005
Such poetic endings.
DdDR chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Fuck you, Jen. Trying to sound objective isn't working for you; neither is that intelligent visage you put up. Every part of this story has an arguable purpose, from reinforcing the story or clarifying, to giving new perspectives from different people. Hell, you probably didn't even get certain chapters.
psquare chapter 31 . 8/17/2005
I am speechless.

Normally, I like to give long, detailed reviews, bringing out everything I liked and didn't like about the story. But for yours... I just don't know what to say. I was drop-jawed while reading through most of the story.

The language used was impeccable, as was the style. The plot, when seen as a whole is pretty simple, but you introduced so many twists and turns in between that had me even physically express my surprise, sadness, elation, etcetra, etcetera. And your description of Miroku's death... wow. That nearly had tears pricking my eyes.

The only thing jarring to me was the sudden, abrupt (IMO) of character point of views within a chapter. Had me confused for a second before I read on to figure who's talking. And maybe it's because I didn't read the story consistently, but I got a little confused with the intoduction of non-canon elements into the story: like that of the tennyo, the 'dieties' that are mentioned, and so on. Also, the excessive use of Japanese words had me even more puzzled. I could figure out the meaning of most of them by placing them in context, sure, but you might want to cut down on the use of Japanese words, so that readers like me, who watch the English-dubbed version of the anime and who don't know a word of Japanese, can enjoy your amazing story better.

The depth of the whole thing had me awed. Rarely do you come across fics in the Inu yasha fandom with such meaning, depth... all of them expressed in beautiful writing. This fic really has me determined to improve my own writing, so that someday it could match yours. I can just hope that that day will come soon, but I'm sure it'll need a lot of practice. I was sitting pretty for the past month, thinking my writing was way better than most of the writiers who write for the IY fandom. Your story made me realise just how wrong I was. Thank you.

I'm still unable to express adequately how impressed I am! I can see you're very well-versed with the series, and the way you brought up Sango's ancestral connections to be the key to finishing Asesu, Inu Taisho's history and his instructions to Myouga... amazing. Forgive my lack of a wider vocabulary, but I'm completely blown over by this piece, as I have mentioned before.

All in all, reading this was a long, blissful trip to true fanfic heaven. Thank you so much for providing that rare experience.

Take care!
Completely Confuzzled chapter 31 . 8/10/2005
I must mention something before I start this review: I was halfway done with my first review, when I did the most foolish thing of closing the review box inadvertedly. Needless to say I was a bit upset, so if any anger comes through in this review I apologize, it has nothing to do with you only with my severe disdain of my sheer stupidity at times. Also, this review probably will not be as good as the first, because now (even though I'll try not to) I'll be thinking of what I typed in my first review and thus constantly second guessing myself, and whether I said everything I wanted to...I suppose I'd be doing that anyways, but this doesn't help out.

First off, I would just like to say I would be honored if you would like to discuss either your fics or the Inuyasha series. To be able to discuss those things with such a talented writer would be a pleasure for me to say the least. It's not often you find a talented author in the InuYasha realm in and I would be greatly honored to discuss topics with you.

Boy, it really sounds like I'm bowing before your greatness, afraid to even look at you. I sure hope it doesn't go to your head, hate to ruin such a good mind . But seriously, I really respect the amount of maturity you put into this story. It is very easy to stray from that, especially when you're working with Miroku and Sango, but you always keep the fic mature, even in its lighter moments.

Ah, but enough of that, let's get on to the review! First, I would like to compliment you on, well, most everything. Your knowledge and control of language, prose and dialogue are remarkable and it really shows in this story. A lot of people wouldn't be able to pull off the separate sections along with the interludes, but you make it seem effortless. Continuing with that point, I noticed your comments on the structure of the fic, and I don't think that there really is a right way of organizing it, per se, as long as it's pulled off well, which it is.

The dialogue you use is damn near perfect. It always adds something to the story, and there is no unecessary dialogue. Too often writers just view dialogue as talking between characters and it's soo...blah. I really respect what you did in this fic with the dialogue.

Of course, I won't say that this fic is perfect: I think you're modest enough to know that (if not please don't correct me .), I'm just not nearly talented enough to spot everything wrong. One thing I did notice was that while they were burying Miroku, Inuyasha and Shippou seemed oddly mature. I understand that the funeral in a somber moment, and that of course there is going to be an added solemnity and maturity to any character, but it just seems off. Like, in life you can tell the difference between situational maturity and the real thing...I guess the problem is that it's too real in the fic...I don't know. You know how sometimes kids try to be mature at moments, and it's sort of funny they way it comes out? I guess I was looking for something like that more. A trivial thing really, I'm nitpicking now.

I know I'm forgetting something, but I can't seem to recall it right now. I guess I'll leave you with this: This is one of the best pieces of work I have ever read, period. This includes published works as well. YOu are a remarkable writer and this fic is outstanding. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the story and writing this review, I hope you like it, inefficient as it is. I'm gonna go ahead and post this before I pull another stupid and close this window by mistake...here goes nothing!
J.J. Banks chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I read your one shot and am moving on to a chaptered story. Unfortunately, I am on the run, but I don't want to lose this story.. Behold the power of review. Plus, I really enjoyed the first chapter! You're good- and I'll be back. ._.
Pobbin chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Since we're now allowed M rated fics in C2 archives, I had to add this. But I don't like adding people to my archive without reviewing, so here we are. Anyway, I hold this fic responsible for me getting into fanfiction. I remember back in the days, when I first started watching Inuyasha, I stumbled upon Mikaila's fanart site, and read your fic. I was glued to the computer screen until I finished it. Several hours and a box of kleenex later, I had read as much as was posted at that point. You inspired me to write some of my own fanfiction, and fueled my interest in the show and manga, until I became a fanatic. So anyway, thanks. I was so excited when I found the ending to this fic! It is just so spectacularly well written. It was original and captivating and emotional, the characters are wonderfully done. You have a lot of talent, so thanks for sharing it with us! Stricken is another of my favourites, I was sobbing throughout. Anyway, I s'pose that's all I have to say. Great job, on all your writing.
Sake chapter 31 . 7/24/2005
I found out about this long ago on Kumo no Su, but postponed reading it for far too long. I am very glad that I did. The fact that I had to search the dictionary for definitions about five times per chapter showed me how limited my vocabulary really was. x3 Anyway, /great/ job on this one. You have now earned a place on my list of fanfiction authors that have nothing short of my worshipping. 3 Omeshutsudou!
Emily chapter 31 . 7/20/2005
I really enjoyed this fanfiction. I discovered them recently and been reading many. Usually I don't quite like them as the characters are usually personified and described very differently.

I enjoyed your fanfiction very much because the characters were really true. I loved the part were Miroku is dying and tells Sango all his feelings (i'm bit of a softy). The fourth interlude though was a little confusing, got a time to get it. The little song entries at the beginning are good and touching. Very good story, it really reflects all the time you invested in it. :)
Michiko Yokisama chapter 31 . 7/19/2005
i usually don't leave reviews for fics that have been already finished, but i decided to make an exception for this one.

this was so wonderfully written that i could almost hate you for it. i got so addicted that i read in one sitting T_T my neck hurts like crap, i feel like crying and screaming because this was so good, but im HAPPY!

how wonderful! i absoloutely loved this fic. the beginning was a wonderful, original way to start. the feelings so specific and accurate, especially because they just fit with the character.

i thought that the way you set it up was very interesting, and gives this fic. a great sense of creativity. (although i did feel that some parts, especially the prophecy explaining bit, were very tempting to skim through)

also, the music lyrics were nicely chosen, and particulary fitting when listened to. although i couldn't find all of the songs, the ones i COULD find were good.

I actually did cry. mainly in 'reunion'. first i cried because sango was so sad, and then, when i finally stopped my self, i started crying again when sango and miroku were together again!

ah! i can't believe that you're such a good writer (or rather, i can believe-i mean i just read the fic., im just astonished that i managed to find this.)

thank you SO much for suppling with something worth reading! (and crying over!)
tsuki no koe chapter 28 . 7/15/2005
up until reading these first lines,i havn't actully realized you killed kagome and bless that sesshomaru.
HarmoniousPie chapter 30 . 7/15/2005
This is such an amazing story! I actually started to read it on Kumo no su (Spiderwebs) But I accidentally deleted the link. When I found it an authors favortie story's I knew I had to start reading it!
tsuki no koe chapter 10 . 7/14/2005
first and formost:thank you for replaying my e mail.i hope you'll hold onto the positive feedback whenever a writing block comes your way.

now,this story is great!i must admit i had a thought or two of one of the inutachi dying and brought back by that sesshomaru,non of had met i read "stricken" you mentioned this story unfinished so i was more (even more then you think) happy to realize my mistake.

it's 1:30 past midnight i must force myself to let go for now.

-i will end this soon-sorry for the lenght of things.

i know you'll push my nerve to the limit with this story as well. can't wait!it will be worth it. sango and miroku are overlooked by most,thank you for shining them with alittle light.i hope you'll turnback from your statment of putting these feudal fairy tales aside.

if you are still reading this,thank you.

one more thing-i swear-is the amv called "you wreck me"?

an official fan-tsuki no koe
563 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »