Reviews for Mods & Rockers
fanfictionalcolic chapter 36 . 6/4/2019
Read it again and again I still love it so much!
K chapter 11 . 3/3/2019
Okay but i love this
js18 chapter 38 . 12/23/2018
Read this a few months ago and didn't get round to reviewing. Awesome story.
Fleur50 chapter 1 . 12/21/2018
Départ intéressant!
Luvntwilight chapter 38 . 10/21/2018
Dear Joan, you have an incredible talent for sharing the history and knowledge of this time and place. I feel like I’ve journeyed right beside you. Thanks for the awesome trip. You are the best.
LAB1 chapter 38 . 10/15/2018
I absolutely love a good historical fiction and yours was excellent! I feel like I've read all about the culture of the young people from the same area as Call the Midwife! I want to visit England now and see everything! Bella was just a few years older than my mom and Edward just a couple of years older than my dad. He was called to war, but then the government realized that they were the last ones left in California and with all the protests at the Universities that they needed a military presence. My uncle went and returned and is enjoying his retirement! California culture was more the bikers vs the convertibles I believe. Or people just didn't care as they were surfers and skateboarders. I recognized and could sing I think every song mentioned. The 60's had some of the best music and that is what was played in my house growing up in the 80's. Some of the most "quotable" music came out of this time. My brother and I still burst out singing the lyrics when it seems appropriate! That is just our nature, but to embarrass the teens is just a bonus!

The last few chapters you have the name Royce mixed up with Alistair for Charlotte. I'm probably the only person who would notice as I have an Alister (had to go with a modern spelling as American's can not pronounce it!) and it is so not a common name here. My husband knew an Alister in Australia and I loved the name. He was originally Canadian and his parents had to go modern as well. They came to visit us soon after we got married as they toured the US and Canada.

Your school system at the time and I know other countries like Japan that still practice a life changing test at 11. I wonder how many people have been shuffled away and not given the chance to shine and grow from such a system? I'm sure those that could afford it came to the US for college! High schools all over the nation are now opening up their enrollment to 15 year olds for concurrent enrollment courses. My teens are both taking 2-3 University classes every semester along with high school math. The public education system is primary in the toilet though in most areas and the rate of homeschoolers is quickly becoming almost normal. We homeschool with the option to enroll as teens. They attend twice a week at a hybrid charter school now. So they have wonderful friends without the huge public school experience where they get lost as one of thousands. I think they only have 35 kids in each grade!

I think I've read all of your stories now, and this one is my favorite! I love learning about different cultures and time periods!
Isno et Zveka chapter 38 . 10/15/2018
Hi :-)
I just finish this story and Wow!
How much work and research you must have done...
I learn a lot of things, there is all the ingredients, romance, suspense, drama, the interesting historical context, music...
I spent a pleasant moment reading and wanting to know (quickly)the next chapter
Thank you for sharing and soon I'll read another one...
Paolina Beke H chapter 38 . 9/18/2018
Thank you so so much for sharing this story with us! I loved every word, the evolution of Bella through all, the level of detail you gave us, the very interesting FYI that I enjoyed the most haha everything was amazing and well done :) thanks again!
helenemc chapter 38 . 7/29/2018
What an amazing journey you have taken me on! Loved reading it and experiencing it vicariously.
NoWayWithWords chapter 38 . 5/10/2018
What a fabulous ending to an amazing (dare I say, “Awesome!”) story! I loved the history and the FYIs! I honestly trimmed my sleep by half this week because I couldn’t put this story down! Kudos, Joan!
NoWayWithWords chapter 21 . 5/8/2018
Top Shop! They have a store at the Galleria (I live in Houston, Texas) that my 18 year-old daughter absolutely loves! They also have a smaller line that they sell out of Nordstrom’s. She doesn’t have a lot of their items, due to cost, but she loves what she has!
NoWayWithWords chapter 15 . 5/7/2018
I am loving this story! I love the history and the information about the food is killing me since I’m on a low-carb diet! I know the timing is all wrong (by a good 20 years), but I keep singing the Pet Shop Boys’ “West End Girls”...
songster chapter 5 . 2/11/2018
So I am knocked for a six by this Fic. Lol. I lived in Australia for 4 years and love cricket. I love all the pop cultural references and your ending a/n explaining them. I’m impressed by my knowing most of mathematics. Anglophile me
songster chapter 4 . 2/11/2018
I am adoring this. It’s my era. Total Beatlemaniac. I first visited the U.K. in high school and remember wandering Carnaby St wondering where Twiggy and Mary Quant were. I do Rembrandt hearing about the Mods and Rockers. This is fun. Of course I want E and B to find each other. It will be interesting to see how they handle being on opposite sides of the divide. Btw, love Emmett’s back story.
LadyBlu Cullen chapter 38 . 2/11/2018
This story is just too lovely. I didn't read chapters 34 thru to 36 bc for someone who reads mainly angst, I can barely get thru it without fear of heart failure. I'm so sad to be letting go off these two and the rest, now I'm off to check your profile and hopefully there'll be some goodies waiting :*
1,337 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »