Reviews for Closing The Distance
CityFighter88 chapter 1 . 4/21/2019
Very interesting and intense story. I really enjoyed reading a Shemona fic, for a change. It was really descriptive and vivid, with wonderful characterization; and character development. The swimming part was quite intense-and hot. The love-making part was also beautifully written, sensual and loving, and the whole thing progressed very naturally. I also really liked Sheldon comparing Ramona's hair to cirrus clouds against the sunset LOL. And the way he felt like she was reading an erotic novel while she was reading him her thesis. Lovely. Looking forward to reading more of your stories. I like reading fanfictions with non-canon pairings, especially involving Sheldon. I wish there were more of them.
Noncanon shipper chapter 1 . 7/17/2018
This was a great story; fun, moving and erotic at the same time. I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the way you described Sheldon and Ramona's mutual attraction, and drew parallels between their love and passion for science with their love and desire for each other. I wish more fanfiction writers would think outside of the box and give more non-canon pairings a chance.

Speaking of which, I like TBBT and I read fanfiction often, I quite like non-canon pairings and I've got some... interesting ideas, but I'm not that good at actually... turning all of them into fanfiction. If you are interested, and possibly take requests, you can email m . c o m

(no spaces; had to write it that way or it would have gotten deleted)

I can share them with you and maybe you can use them, turn them into something good. Just a suggestion. No pressure. Thank you in advance, and keep up the great work.
Shadowtribe chapter 1 . 3/11/2018
I love it. I wish there were more fics with Ramona and Sheldon, while also showing a strong friendship between Penny and Sheldon. I don't suppose there is any chance for a sequel?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2017
KittenWitch. Odd but fun.
Wildcat Warrior chapter 1 . 6/11/2017
Oh so cold. I hate Ramona with a passion but, I'll tell ya what. You really know how to grab a person's attention. Great job with this story.
Daedaelopsis chapter 1 . 5/30/2017
Although I'm a die-hard Shenny shipper, I agree. Ramona - as she was presented recently - would be a much better match for Sheldon. He looked so happy around her, while with Amy, they both usually look miserable with stiff, closed-off body language.
We all want to see confident Sheldon again.
johnsos2 chapter 1 . 5/30/2017
Nice work. I like how you took a different approach to by placing an old female character to be a match to Sheldon romantically. I'm sorry for some negative reviews. I personally enjoyed the story. It is funny how it is pointed out about how these shows are fictional and then question your morality. I would just call that ironic. Bottom line good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2017
Loved every word of this story and remember its your own writing so its ultimately your descision on what you write and how you write it, in other words to hell with what the others say!
Andrew chapter 1 . 5/29/2017
Wow all these negative reviews for such a great writer and amazing story. I hope to see more Shemona fics like this in the future and more hopefully from you CTR69, this is one of the best fics I have read in a long time. And as for the whole Amy being a villain debate I completely agree with you, in the series she in extremely controlling and manipulative, 2 examples being the 5 year plan she has to change Sheldon instead of accepting him for who he is, and the second being her rubbing herself naked on all of his belongings trying to claim dominance over him or something?! Anyways enough ranting I just really love this story and hope to see more from you soon!
OneAkronAwol chapter 1 . 5/28/2017
Espera un momento ¿Amy es un “casi villano”? Wow. ¿Realmente estamos viendo el mismo show?
Es gracioso que compares a Amy con Penny. Si analizamos su amistad desde un principio, Amy siempre fue dulce y aduladora hacia ella, mientras Penny la trataba como alguien extraño y se burlaba de ella.
El personaje de Amy es complejo, así como su crecimiento y maduración a lo largo de las temporadas.
A menudo, no sólo en esta historia sino también en diferentes comentarios tuyos que he visto en otros fanfics, no desaprovechas la oportunidad de hacer un comentario negativo hacia ella. Casi siempre alegando a un defecto físico y superficial como su ropa.
Es realmente triste que seguidores de una serie como lo es The Big Bang Theory (serie que busca la inclusión social, nos adentra en el mundo de los “nerds marginados”, y toca temas como el acaso escolar -por cierto, cosa que Amy sufrió bastante-)… se dediquen a hacer bashing a un personaje, extendiendo su odio incluso hacia la actriz.
Si usás la ropa de Amy, o su aspecto físico en general, como un motivo por el que es una “casi villana” me pregunto cuál es el mensaje que te dejó la serie.
Claro, si te dejó alguno… o sólo la ves para alentar tus fantasías shennys frustradas.
Suelo ignorar las historias que no me gustan. Pero un odio tan descarado hacia un personaje al que le tengo tanto aprecio, es difícil de ignorar.
CTR69 chapter 1 . 5/28/2017
Amy is made into almost-a-villain by the writers themselves. Forget the animal abuse or yelling. Notice in the scenes, where Amy and Penny are together. On one side, negative and grumpy Darkness. On the other, funny and cheerful Light. Clothes, voice, hair, behavior, everything matches.
It's really weird to me, how more people don't notice this contrast between characters. It's very easy to write or ship alternatives, if you see it this way. Take it just a step further and there you have it.
DeLonge chapter 1 . 5/28/2017
Wow.
How pleasant.
To turn Amy into a villain, but I'm not buying you anything.
After all, you, yes you CTR69, stated that you hated Amy. Irrational hate towards a fictional character. I gotta say that I pity you, normal people try not to dwell in things they hate, but you're an odd one.
Like the atheists that speak about God more than Christians actually do.
Just a little advice, for you and all the deranged people that praised this work of yours: Writing and cheering about cheating ain't a healthy behavior. Cheating itself is sick and unhealthy.
Get some medical help or try NAMI, y'all.
DeLonge out.
Kripke chapter 1 . 5/28/2017
Esto fue decadentemente gracioso.
Genial; veo que no encontraste una mejor manera para escribir tu pareja absurda, que llenar de mierda a Amy. ¿Para qué molestarse en crear una trama sobre la degradación emocional de Sheldon, y lo que lo lleva a engañar a Amy? No, es mucho más sencillo transformarla en una persona horrible, y volver a Shelly una pobre victima salvada de las garras de Amy por la reluciente Ramona.
Creo que es lo más OOC que leí en mi vida.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2017
I quite enjoyed this. Very well written.
zafnak chapter 1 . 5/27/2017
I have a feeling that you're going to end up with a lot of negative reviews over this LOL