Reviews for Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings
Hollydoor chapter 1 . 2/2
Radagast acted mire Luke gandolf whys that?
Final Genesis chapter 94 . 1/16
After reading through all this, I must say - that was impressive! An awesome crossover, especially how some of the characters contributed to the journey, even though there were times the Ring had some new victims! Nonetheless, it was a fascinating and enjoyable read of two of my favourite chronicles of media! :D

This is Final Genesis, signing out!
Oswins chapter 69 . 9/2/2013
It's e again. I know, I know a belated reader. When I read about our Pope, Jphn Paulii...I cried again though it's been a while. And our Pope Emeritus, Benedict XVI...may the Lord Bless him and all he's done. I' happy for our new pope..he's from my country and I attended his Mass there many times. I continually pray for them (I'm also in the process of becoming a Religious or nun as some say :) ) I keep reading this and am almost sad it's over but you've done an amazing job. May the Lord Bless you, dear!
Oswins chapter 32 . 9/1/2013
Hey, I know it's 2013 but I thought I'd comment and let you know I love this fic! I was just rewatching RK for the hundredth time and it had been years. I'm also a huge Tolkien fan (was since I was a kid...oh it's been decades now lol). But, rambling aside, I absolutely LOVE this fic (as I mentioned already) and since the rewatch I'd been looking for a good crossover and I'm so glad I found this one! Great work :) Thanks for this gift you've given to your fans!
Bismarck Alexander chapter 16 . 4/1/2013
Now my only complaint for this chapter is that that confessions between Kenshin and Kaoru. They basically admitted their feelings, albeit indirectly, But they came to an understanding that their kinda meant for each other. However they should've had more physical evidence of their feelings. Such as a passionate kiss. My disappointment. But still good
FanFreader chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
I really like the idea of RK and LOTR crossover, but if you plan on making another story please don't copy the source material. Its very hard to read stories like these because I've seen/read this already (also there is the issues of copyright here). Why would I read a water down version the the original work.
I know if I read further it might change, but if its going to be like this throughout the whole story I probably will not continue.
Bismarck Alexander chapter 85 . 1/5/2013
HOLY CRAP! I can't believe I skimed through this before when I first read it.
The second time I'm reading through the converstation of the samurai and Radagast, I thought the red guy was from china, but then it hit me... THE LAST SAMURAI.
It all added up: foreign country, destroying tribes, captured, making friends. You know what you get my meaning. That's very clever. I admire it.
fanficreader2334 chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
John the visionary, can you make an extended edition of Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings?
Here are the parts as it follows:
In Sec 1:
•Isildur's death.
•Bilbo's opening narration "Concerning Hobbits".
•Bilbo at the party scene avoiding the Sackville-Bagginses.
•Bilbo and Frodo's dialogue at the party scene, while avoiding the Sackville-Bagginses.
•The Hobbits at the Green Dragon Inn.
•A conversation between Ted Sandyman, Hamfast Gamgee, Old Noakes, Samwise Gamgee and Frodo Baggins.
•Frodo and Sam seeing Wood Elves making their way to the Grey Havens on their first day of their journey across the Shire.
•The crossing of the Midgewater.
•Aragorn singing "The Lay of Lúthien".
•Sam shows Frodo the trolls when they are at Trollshaws.
•Gandalf reciting Black Speech at the Council of Elrond.
•Aragorn visiting his mother's grave.
•The Fellowship given a goodbye at Rivendell.
•Gandalf warning Frodo about Boromir near Moria.
•Lothlórien panorama added.
•Sam's poem about Gandalf's fireworks.
•The Fellowship members have flashbacks from when they were given their gifts from Galadriel.
•Celeborn and Aragorn have a conversation in a flashback.
•Aragorn and Boromir seeing Gollum behind a floating log.
•More of Merry and Pippin defending Boromir at Amon Hen
In Sec 2:
•Sam using his Elvish Rope to help him and Frodo rapel down a cliff; and a clip in which it is raining on them.
•Pippin believes that Merry is wounded and asks the orcs to give him some water. Instead they give him orc draught to drink.
•Extra dialogue concerning Sauron's buildup of forces, gathering of allies, plotting, etc.
•Éomer finds his cousin mortally wounded and brings him to Edoras.
•Gríma exiling Éomer is extended.
•The encounter between orcs and Uruk-hai is extended.
•The funeral of Théodred.
•The encounter between Treebeard and the hobbits Merry and Pippin is extended; there is also a scene in which Merry and Pippin stay drunk only to hear the powerful voice of the Ent, almost falling off Treebeard's body.
•Merry and Pippin drink Ent Draught (which makes them grow a few inches taller).
•Merry and Pippin get attacked by Old Man Willow and Treebeard saves them.
•Gandalf and Aragorn talk about Frodo's fate on their way to Rohan.
•Some humorous scenes, such as one in which Eowyn (who is an awful cook) serves a plate of terrible stew to Aragorn.
•Aragorn reveals his age to be 87 in a conversation with Eowyn.
•Faramir finds the boat carrying the body of his brother Boromir; which brings him many memories that help to explain in detail his relationship with his father Denethor and Denethor's unsympathetic and almost hostile attitude towards his younger son, Faramir.
•Faramir and Boromir at Osgiliath.
•Denethor sending Boromir to Rivendell to find out about the Secret Council called by Elrond and (presumably) the One Ring.
•Legolas and Gimli comparing their Uruk-Hai kill count after the Battle of Helm's Deep.
•Flotsam and Jetsam is a new scene where Merry and Pippin find food and Longbottom Leaf in Isengard.
•Extended Scene of Sam's Speech at Osgiliath.
•Faramir shows the hobbits the way out of Osgiliath.
And in Sec 3:
•The final confrontation between Gandalf and Saruman on Isengard; Saruman's staff breaks and he is stabbed in the back by Gríma Wormtongue, who is shot with an arrow by Legolas; Saruman falls from Orthanc and is impaled in a war machine. His palantír falls on the water and is found by Pippin.
•The drinking game between Legolas and Gimli
•The Mouth of Sauron
•The fighting between Gandalf and the Witch-king of Angmar in Minas Tirith.
•Extended scenes of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields
•The march of Frodo and Sam between the orcs
•Faramir telling Denethor that he would never use the One Ring (in a flashback on which Boromir appears).
•Aragorn seeing the fleet of Corsairs ships.
•Faramir and Eowyn in the Houses of Healing
•Merry offering his services to King Theoden
•Aragorn revealing the sword Anduril to Sauron in a palantír.
•Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli barely escaping from an avalanche of craniums when they are negotiating the alliance with the Dead.
•Faramir and Pippin having a passionate conversation in Minas Tirith.
•Gollum and Frodo struggling on Mount Doom.
•Sam threatening Gollum about Frodo on the secret stairs to Shelob's Lair.

Thank you for your corporation!
Bismarck Alexander chapter 31 . 12/29/2012
I read this entire fic a couple weeks ago. It's AWESOME especially where RK Japan gets involved. But I'm disappointed that Kenshin did not exclude Orcs from his vows.
Orcs do not deserve mercy or sympathy Kenshin!
writer6886 chapter 26 . 9/26/2012
Bummer. I was hoping that with Team Kenshin Boromir might live.
writer6886 chapter 24 . 9/22/2012
You know for sometime I've felt you've been limiting the Kenshin characters in this story. I do like how Yahiko and Karou received stronger weapons. I hope this we will be able to see more of there skill.
vincent1875 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
I'm a little wary of reading this. The length has me thinking that you may have just rewrote the movie/books with new characters in. That's the biggest flaw in LotR crossovers. They never seem to actually change how the story goes. I'll give it a chance though. Nice start.
writer6886 chapter 11 . 6/13/2012
This is a really interesting story. It's hard to pull away from. I must admit Saito seemed out of character in some parts. I don't think he would ask the dwaves if he could come along. Also I wouls have liked seeing more action during Karou and Frodo's with the rider. All in all it's really good.
chronodekar chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I haven't read this, and have no immediate plans to do so either.

BUT, I want to say, congrats! to the author, for pulling out a staggering 94 chapters !

That's some incredible endurance, right there!

-chronodekar
apecape92 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Where could I begin here so many things to talk about here. Yes it's my first review on this site. So be easy on me here I would say that this fan fic is probably one of the most interesting ones I read recently. i liked it how Gandolf (I guess) met and talked with Himura Kenshin and told the story about the ring and how the man (Gandolf the grey) warned and told his journey was about to unfold. so my rating for this fan fic has to be a great 5 out of 5 stars