Reviews for Aftermath
JustKohaku chapter 42 . 12/7/2017
Hi! First review I do for this story (by the way I love it 3)
I'm really looking forward for the next chapter, I really need to know Sakura's reaction to Xander.
Anyway, I hope you decide to retake this story soon and I hope you're fine c:
Maxcy Leland chapter 42 . 9/12/2017
I love the way you write Hinoka! The little details like her catching herself chewing her lip and viewing her kimono as stupid are so perfect. And her chemistry with Xander is really good. It's been a while since he's been challenged like that, I imagine. I loved that they had a little humor in their exchange, with that joke about who was really uncultured.

I found the discussion on the relationships in their families to be really interesting. I liked hearing about what went on in the Nohrian royal family and Hinoka's speculation on Ryoma/Azura, even though it seemed to deviate slightly from canon.
I was a little surprised at Xander's response to the idea of homosexuality. I mean, Niles isn't super subtle or something. If it was an issue in Nohr, I would think that Corrin and Niles would have talked about it in their S support. They do have an exchange to that effect in the Japanese version, but Niles/Zero is even more sexually flamboyant in the Japanese game, flirting with men and even expressing interest in Xander in the drama CD. No one says anything (except that Leo/Leon is always telling him that his face is too close).
That being said, I really admire the way you were able to write that conversation without coloring it with your own opinion. In fact, until the author's note, I was terrified that this was going to incorporate Leo/Niles as a ship.
RandomGuestRF chapter 42 . 8/29/2017
Good work as always, it's nice to see fics with plot and interesting character interpritation.
Possible explanation for Nohr's negative view on homosexuality may based on their political system and history. Feudal government is based on heredetary passage of power via titles. If ruler fails to conceive a ligitimate heir, then the system faces a succession crisis. So keeping your dynasty in power was essential. But by having a lot of children they get more claimants on their titles and more possibilities of civil war.
Hoshido did not live in such harsh conditions as Nohr, so it is possible that they were able safely distribute land between them. Or their ruler's title authority in society was strong enough to keep all vassals in check. Or they just had an official position of concubine.
Draen chapter 42 . 8/29/2017
Well this was quite the chapter about relationship between people in Hoshido and Nohr... Didn't see this coming with all honesty. It was also quite long.
About homosexuality, honestly I don't see any disgust in that. What's wrong loving someone from your own sex? It's already a miracle to fall in love... Should I point out of how many royals in the past had lovers of the same sex? Like Alexander?
There is nothing wrong with that. As long they love each other and are happy together, than it's fine.
Dragonna chapter 42 . 8/29/2017
This chapter is awesome.
Hinoka is really great, it's one of my favorite siblings in the game (basically I love the hoshido family the most XD)
I love when she says "you have been good for demonizing yourself" lol I can't deny that XD (the king's murder at a PEACE conference, murders of merchants, kidnapping of a princess, ect...)
I lvoe the discussion abotu the sexuality, Hosdhio is really my favorite country, even more than before.
Maxcy Leland chapter 41 . 8/18/2017
I loved Sakura's defense of Xander. It was sweet and finally put the suspicious ones in their place. I can't wait to hear her character study of him.
Maxcy Leland chapter 40 . 8/17/2017
So glad to see this update!

Hinoka's feelings of replacement were well portrayed. The Nohrians have pretty much accepted Sakura into their family circle, and they seem to expect Hinoka to slip in as well, forgetting that she hasn't been part of anything but the bad blood between Hoshido and Nohr. When Xander so comfortably congratulated Sakura first... that clearly stung. To Hinoka, it must seem as though these conquerors have made themselves quite at home in her house and with her family and friends.
I do wish that this issue with Hinoka feeling replaced had been allowed to carry on for longer than one chapter. To have it resolved so quickly seemed...lacking, perhaps. Maybe we will see it revived when Xander reveals his intentions. After all, if Sakura marries him, Hinoka won't be all she has anymore.

I was a bit surprised at Camilla's behavior. While calling Hinoka's glare 'cute' was IC and made sense, saying that look 'gave her chills' sounds almost exactly like what Niles says to Camilla in their supports. It didn't seem to be a remark that has a precedent in Camilla's character. Besides that, it was a rather antagonizing thing to say, and considering that Camilla got on her knees to apologize to Sakura when she found out that Xander wanted their families to get along and eventually unite, I don't know why she would say something like that to Hinoka. Maybe she didn't think Hinoka would get so angry?

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Xander is going to try to befriend Hinoka. He can't be happy that things haven't started very well. I'm a little nervous for him, though, because I can't imagine Hinoka will make it easy for him. *wiggles eyebrows*
Draen chapter 40 . 8/17/2017
the feeling of replacement... Must be really horrible especially when you got replaced by the brother/sister you always holded dear. But alas, this is were true bonds are shown. nice chap.
Dragonna chapter 40 . 8/17/2017
I have the feeling that Hinoka will not accept that Xander courts Sakura, she could see that as a insult. No mention that Xander has clearely tried to seduce Sakura in some ways.
But I understands that Hinoka be lost and defensive.
And sorry but I don't like your Camilla here, I'm agree with Hinoka, Xander should sent her back to Nohr XD
Maxcy Leland chapter 39 . 8/5/2017
Fascinating twist here. I certainly wasn't expecting an offer like this for Kamui. I'm vastly curious as to what she will decide to do and how that will affect things and relationships, especially the relationships with Hinoka and Sakura (mostly Hinoka), as Kamui might be getting back memories of things she used to do with Hinoka. She'll be getting back a stolen bit of her life.
Maxcy Leland chapter 38 . 8/5/2017
That rundown on the retainers was hilarious! Now I want Hinoka to interact with every single one of them, lol.

I thought you did an excellent job of letting us see things from Hinoka's viewpoint. I could feel her surprise at Sakura's behavior, even though I wasn't just seeing it for the first time. It must be something else to have everything so changed now that the Nohrians are there. No brothers, and now you hardly recognize your sister. Not only that, but she says that the girl she was is dead. And the girl in her place is quite comfortable with your worst enemies. If I were Hinoka, I would feel very unsure and alone, since I lack her fiery personality.

I wonder if Sakura will connect what Xander said about a permanent ambassador and hoping to see her often with Hinoka's worries about a hostage situation. Even if she thinks Xander wouldn't want to do something like that, she knows that politics can force the rulers to do things they'd rather not, as she experienced with the execution.

That bit with Laslow taking Hinoka out for tea, no matter what, was priceless. XD
Draen chapter 39 . 8/5/2017
Well, finally Sakura talks to kamui without yelling at her, suggesting also to use the throne to recover her lost memories. I wonder how it will turns out... And seeing Hinoka surprised by this chatty Sakura was funny. Though there were parts that were heavy... I mean in terms of chat topic.
Maxcy Leland chapter 37 . 8/4/2017
Thank you for the fluff! I loved it! Sakura's embarrassment was totally adorable, and I can't blame Xander for enjoying. But then he got his chance to be uncomfortable with the topic. *wiggles eyebrows*

It's neat that now they look at the differences between Hoshido and Nohr and enjoy them. Things like tea and fairytales.
Guest chapter 37 . 8/1/2017
Love how Xander is aware of his love for sakura l but she isn't aware of her feelings yet. Would love to see Xander try to woo her
Draen chapter 37 . 8/1/2017
well, the wish of Sakura of meeting once again her sister will come soon. Honestly in my own tea, I just add sugar lol
though what I like to drink the most, is coffee. Nothing beats a nice cup of coffee/cappuccino with a friend.