Reviews for Sea of Troubles
ivywatcher chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
I was really quite impressed with this. The way you wove the Hamlet quotes in (and isn't that just the perfect play for Giles to be reading?) was tactful and stylish; thank you for not turning this into a song-fic-like thing with a whole bunch of lines just randomly printed out.

All in all, a sadly accurate glimpse into the Giles of season seven. The tones of resignation and tiredness contrasted nicely with the shreds of hope and good memories he somehow manages to cling to. I think this really shows what he was going through (or should have been going through if the writers on the show would have let him act a little) during these episodes.

Just one note, though: I'd suggest a stronger summary. This is a fantastic story, and a better attention grabber would do you a world of good.
Ruth chapter 1 . 3/21/2003
Good. Very good. Excellent Giles POV and great use of the Shakespeare quotes as jumping-off points. Please write more.

Also may I appreciate the sidelong digs at Spike? *So* not my favourite character;-) Giles is quite right not to trust him an inch.
HonorH chapter 1 . 2/26/2003
Excellent Giles pov! I'm glad I dropped in to read this one. Perfect characterization, beautifully written, and I could well believe the events happened between scenes on the show.