Reviews for Lightning Illuminates the Path
Prime808 chapter 1 . 5/21
Very good
magical fan18 chapter 1 . 3/20
I enjoyed this, I really hope you make a continuation of this.
Kimera20 chapter 1 . 2/3/2020
This was amazing!
arsenicminds chapter 1 . 11/2/2019
this honestly is what should've happened. a great fic ! im interesting in seeing how his journey would have gone tho, esp since cannon ash had rescue pokemon from abusive trainers . would ashs team have changed now that he started of with a strong bond with pikachu ? would pikachu have evolved ? questions questions
John Patrick Ryan Sr chapter 1 . 2/24/2019
I admit I like replacing Pikachu for writing AU's. I love him but I don't know how to do him justice. Personally Challenger still uses Pikachu pretty well. I'm may work harder to incorporate Pikachu more now.
Love this and you really did get your point across.
Flamarow chapter 1 . 3/2/2018
That was a very touching start for Ash's journey as a more competent trainer. I'm a bit sad that this is only a one-shot since I quite enjoyed the way you wrote this and love the idea that he raised pichu long before acquiring him as his starter.

This version of Ash's mom made me tear up a bit at her backstory. If you ever do continue this story, I'd love to see her either resume working as an aid to Professor Oak or perhaps even completing her dream while Ash is away. She would have the time now and perhaps Ash would somehow help out with that thanks to his salary after reaching the league or something. I'm sure his mom would absolutely love to take care of and study her son's pokemon while Ash is away. :P
BookwormDragon chapter 1 . 9/22/2017
Great story, I loved it and would enjoy reading more of their adventures.
666Neko chapter 1 . 8/25/2017
I love how you have written this. I would be very interested to see more of your ideas for this story so please continue it when you have the chance.
multyfangirl21 chapter 1 . 8/22/2017
aww , this is only a one shot? I was hoping for more to the journey , maybe one day Ash meets his father and has a pokemon battle with him and Ash beats him (it would be funny if his father was the one to challenge Ash to the fight)... and later on they find out that they're father and son. maybe they find out because Ash's parents bump into each other while Ash is competing in the Joto league.
or maybe Ash's dad comes home to Pallet town a few weeks before Ash gets home from Joto and he finds out that one of the kids that he challenged is his son.
PharaohsMagician chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
Amazing story. I enjoyed reading this very much. The flow was very nice and I love how he kept in mind how to act with him after a few electric shocks, but as well as how he learned he preferred to be called "he" and not "it". I would love to read more to this lovely story, as would my twin when they read this. You're an amazing writer. Cheers and ta.
shadowkat83 chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
I really loved this oneshot of yours, i do hope when you have both the time and patience you will add more.
reppad98 chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
This was a very nice story! I really like the idea and you executed it well. My one complaint would be that I would have liked to see more, but I can understand it that you wanted to stop it here. After all, it's easy enough to imagine the rest. I liked the references to what happened in the anime, how Ash would have slept through his alarm and how he would have had no clue on how to catch a Pokémon. I only have a few minor issues I want to address, namely that in the beginning you make a lot of additions between brackets, and I felt that in the beginning that was too much, later in the story it was better balanced out. And as for making the attacks bold, that kind of pulled me out of the story, but that's maybe just me. And you sometimes misspelled words, like fishing rod as fishing road, but really, all those things are minor. I like how such a small deviation changed so much, and it was an interesting take on what happened to Ash's father. Like I said, I would have loved to see more (also Ash's reaction to the Team Rocket trio), but this was still a very enjoyable story. The theories about Pokémon were very interesting, and the bit about Pokémon Master, too. I wonder what happened with Gary... Anyway, this story is going into my favorites!
Thank you very much for writing this, I loved it, and keep writing! ! !
Blue is the Sea chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
Fun idea, but the grammar is really bad here. I couldn't read much of it before giving up because of how unreadable large chunks of the story are. If you do decide to continue this, I'd recommend getting a beta reader and brushing up on some English textbooks.
ews1 chapter 1 . 6/24/2017
I do hope you continue to write this as I've really enjoyed it so far. I agree with some of the reasons you had for writing this. There aren't enough well written stories here and yours could be one
FantaMan chapter 1 . 6/11/2017
well written and i really liked it