Reviews for Hostages to Fortune
Milno chapter 30 . 10/26/2022
This was a mesmerizing, beautiful, wonderfully written piece. It’s close to the middle of the night here, because I couldn’t put it down until finished. You found the voices of all of the characters and provided a very rich story, along with a romance filled beginning for M&K. I loved the whole thing. It was like watching a fantastic Gunsmoke movie. Thank you!
nanajojo chapter 30 . 6/1/2020
Great story. Really loved it. Gunsmoke started when I was a year old. It was one of my favorite shows. Thanks for the wonderful writing. It took me almost a week to read it, but I like long stories.️️
no part chapter 30 . 12/7/2018
I really enjoyed your story. You write so well and you are inspiring. Lovely words, lovely phrases and such a well thought out collection of ideas. Thank you so much.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/13/2017
Thank you so much for this beautiful story of our Dodge family. The story was well written and connected me to each character. Please continue writing and the longer the better when it is of the quality of this story.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/2/2017
Brava! What a goose-pimply delicious ending to a most EXCELLENT tale. Wow. Your 'summer sky/winter night' sensual magnetism between our beloved Marshal and Saloon Owner was sizzling hot...

Again, this was an excellent tale with plenty of twisty surprises. I thank you for all of the creativity, work and loving energy that was obviously invested. Cannot wait to read your next one...
;-D
Just a Guest chapter 30 . 7/2/2017
I have read and reread your latest work and I wish I could converse on all the many aspects of your talent and writing techniques, but I just don't have the knowledge that it would require. I do know what I like and what I feel captures the heart and soul and of Dodge City and it's inhabitants and you, sir,nail it as perfectly as I have ever read. I, who my family has has diagnosed as a Gunsmoke Fanatic, will look forward to much more of your work. Maybe as we age we return to what has comforted us as children or maybe it's my demented old brain. I only know that these stories take me away from this complicated, fast moving world with all it's unsolvable problems if only for a little while. For that I thank you.
SingerMe chapter 30 . 6/30/2017
I have worked 3 solid weeks of overtime and so have had little time to do much more than work and sleep. However, tonight I finally got a break and got to read. Thank you for a thoroughly entertaining read. I really enjoyed it.
ladybrit chapter 30 . 6/30/2017
The scene between Matt and Doc was so true to form. Teasing and come-backs were a special part of the roles they played in each others lives.
Perfect ending except I am sad. I had saved a few chapters to read and enjoy and now they are done. My morning coffee will be missing something.
Thanks you so much for a terrific story, Gunshy.
ladybrit chapter 29 . 6/30/2017
True to form, Matt imposes the least offensive charge he can think of Cass. Even Doc and probably Kitty are surprised. I think Judge Brooking is a little taken aback too.
Matt is a man that is a good and honorable person first and foremost - and you illustrate this well by having him talk Brooking into so fair a decision. And by giving Matt a happy ending to watch.
ladybrit chapter 28 . 6/30/2017
Matt hardly ever talks about the war - and never in reference to himself. His private thoughts on the subject are just what I would imagine - he hated the horror and the useless killing. He saw what it was doing to all those young men. So many lost their lives and others lost their minds.
It took a lot of strength on his part to turn Jeb and Caleb loose - after all they were in on the plot to hold him for ransom and probably kill him. Still Matt never holds anyone up to the court for trial on that score. I'm sure he will everything in his power to see that Cass doesn't get too harsh a sentence.
ladybrit chapter 27 . 6/30/2017
This is such a sweet chapter - I loved Matt's musing about Kitty's lace-up undergarment.
It is also quite clever how Kitty manages to get Matt to not be too harsh on the prisoners. Of course he was more concerned about what they had done to her than to himself. I'm sure that now he will consider carefully, and do the right thing.
NevadaRose chapter 30 . 6/29/2017
Thank you, Gun Shy. That was a lovely story. Well written and neatly plotted. Looking forward to more of your work.
MaryRoseEllen chapter 30 . 6/29/2017
A bittersweet moment...delight at the humour and joyfulness of the ending mixed with sadness that this incredible adventure has now finished. My aim over the coming weekend is to get some time to sit down with a glass of wine and read this fantastic story all together from beginning to end, as a real treat! I am also hoping that there is already another epic tale beginning to form in your mind which hopefully you will share with us before too long. Thanks again!
Beverly chapter 30 . 6/29/2017
This one awesome story which showcases the harm war does to some men and on the opposite
Spectrum the amazing selfishless love shared by a wonderful couple in a cowtown in Texas. I am such a fan for Matt and Kitty stories. I loved the story! Waiting to read another of your story for this awesome couple! Thanks for sharing.
ladybrit chapter 26 . 6/29/2017
Matt is obviously surprised and can't understand how anyone could forget they had a gun - that just shows how much his life is so dependent on his skills with the six shooter he wears. I don't think Matt could ever understand things from Kitty's point of view - he sees her as something he needs to protect where as she sees herself as her own person, making her own decisions. Another revealing chapter.