Reviews for Humperdinck's Revenge
Loafer chapter 21 . 8/26/2017
Why I DO love finding little unexpected treasures - like this bonus chapter. Cool. And that's my kinda punishment, too.
CookieAlistaire chapter 2 . 8/26/2017
And, according to the Law of Typos (which dictates that a person pointing out an error will, without fail, make one of her own), I made a typo pointing out your typo. It should be "ascent", not "assent".
CookieAlistaire chapter 1 . 8/26/2017
Really interesting! Bookending the story with the grandfather and grandson, their roles so pointedly switched, is perfect.

I do find that the whole dice thing takes away from the story, though, by pulling the reader out of the narrative flow for the sake of the gimmick. And you did miss one typo: a newly-minted ruler's taking of the throne is an "assent", as in " his assent to the throne" or "he ascended to the throne", literally meaning the person rose up or was elevated to that lofty seat.

I've only read one chapter, but you did great setting up the plot to hook your readers in; I'm heading for Chapter 2 with anticipation. Great work!
Loafer chapter 20 . 7/2/2017
*applause applause* *cheers* *roses thrown at your feet*

Seriously a good story. Lots of action, intrigue, humor... fun and even tied up nicely with the sweet ending in the hospital.

Be proud, guys. Ya done good.
Loafer chapter 19 . 7/2/2017
"... continued to not breathe." Well said!

"Two guys named Walt and Craig..." Clever guys, those two random "guise." (I was telling a friend about your stories today and when I said "random guise" out loud, I had to follow it with a groan that I hadn't gotten that joke sooner. D'oh!)

Yay for Andy! And Humperdinck & Ruby! (hmm... what of Daffodil?) ... one more chapter! *sob*
Loafer chapter 18 . 7/2/2017
Wow, I love Humperdinck's triumphant albeit potato-ey return.

And iocane! Blast from the past!

I will be sorry when this is over.
Loafer chapter 17 . 7/2/2017
Lots to love about this chapter - "talkfreely," the fly in the drink, Wilhelm the screamer, Max's "miracle." And Humperdinck continuing his journey to redemption!
Loafer chapter 16 . 7/2/2017
More thot plickening!

Methinks Daffodil will not oust Ruby from Humperdinck's side...
Loafer chapter 15 . 7/2/2017
Sean... heheheh. And Harry Lowbrow? Ha!

The thot plickens! I almost feel sorry for Andy.
Loafer chapter 14 . 7/2/2017
"He found quickly that his mouth wasn't sore at all." That passage reminded me of an ep. of Star Trek : The Next Gen were Q was made human for a bit: he couldn't even remotely understand hunger, or sleep... quite amusing stuff as I recall.

Bully for Humperdinck, having learned his lesson and determining to get his country back!
Loafer chapter 13 . 7/2/2017
Awww... what a lovely set of lessons for "George"! Truly, you're making him into the beginnings of a fine human being.

Bonus points for NSA and the Rubbish song. You rock.
Loafer chapter 12 . 7/2/2017
Truly, your naming skills are unrivaled. Bud, I think... Bud might be the subtle masterpiece here.

"a mustache or the remains of breakfast" - LOL.
Loafer chapter 11 . 7/1/2017
What an educational experience for Humperdinck. He must be terribly confused. :-)
Loafer chapter 10 . 7/1/2017
Why did I think Andy was a fully bad guy? He seems... dare I type it... like a reasonable guy? He miiiiiight just wule wisewy.
Loafer chapter 9 . 7/1/2017
King... Stephen? I kept waiting for Lon's surname (or nickname) to be Chaney.

"You have permission to insult me further." How gracious! And excellent verbal dueling.