Reviews for Gotta get Back, Back to the Past, Samurai Jack
Ryan chapter 17 . 8/16
Liked it but honestly you should have had mad jack screaming YOU NEED ME. It was actually pretty cool. It shows Jack finally facing his demons and for once mad jack is on the back seat.
OMAC001 chapter 17 . 4/14
Love it! Still keeps with the awesomeness of original with all the right editions!
Hello Author,

Today, I'd like to give my opinions about chapter 17; hopefully you'll be able to read them when you have time.

1. You gave us the name of Ashi's mother. So does that mean Ashi's full name is Ashi Saito?

2. I strongly recommend that in chapter 18, you should have Jack and Ashi bury her mother's body because it would be the right thing to do.

3. Honestly, during the conversation with Mad Jack, I was expecting Jack to recall his father's words about how evil is clever and how deception is its greatest weapon; thus reminding Jack that he took Aku's words at face value when the villain claimed he destroyed the last time portal.
GreyWolf93 chapter 17 . 4/9
Good to see you back!

Next stop...the love-boat!
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 17 . 4/9
Well worth the wait. Loving Ashi's fight scenes, especially how you tied her ability to win into her inherent powers from Aku.

Keep up the good work.

Zim'sMostLoyalServant signing off.
Welcome back Author!

I'm glad you have returned to continue this wonderful story of yours and I have truly missed your fantastic writing. By the way, one of the comic book sites I suggested to you is mysteriously gone. That website was viewcomic dot com. Not sure what happened to it, but I guess whoever was running that website saw no point in maintaining it any longer. If you are still reading Samurai Jack comics on the internet, I believe that at least one website called readcomiconline dot to has them. I also would like to kindly remind you that I made some suggestions to you in three postings I sent you in March 2018 (specifically, on the 13th, 14th, and 16th of that month). Aside from those postings, I have a least two special requests:

1. After you finish this story, please make a sequel story that focuses on Ashi trying to defeat Aku in the future timeline after she apparently ceases to exist in Jack's new timeline.

2. At some point, please consider creating a one-shot or a multi-chapter story that depicts an alternate take on Episode XLII; showing what would have happened if Jack did not encounter Da Samurai and had instead encountered Afro Samurai.

Please keep up the good work!
Guest
Whiteling chapter 16 . 3/5
Ooh, just as the good as season 5 if not more. Excitement, adventure and drama, this fic and the final season have got everything! :)

Good to know you're continuing this fan-made project of yours, it's very much extraordinary, so hats off to you. ;) And I look forward to the next chapter with equal delight.
SunderingSlime587 chapter 15 . 2/26
I know that it has been a long time since anybody has reviewed for this story, but I might as well speak my piece regarding this wonderful adventure you've drawn out. You've taken the world of Samurai Jack and given it life, something which was always lacking in the cartoons, even after the reboot, and I really do appreciate that.

I love how you managed to have Ashi learn about the world, and even question Jack for some of his own cultural practices, such as seppukku, much like how Jack would question and prod at some of the actions she would take. It's a nice balance overall, and I love how you made them feel so realistic relashionship wise.

You have Jack with his demons trying to stay chivalrous and deal with his psyche, and you have Ashi who thanks to her upbringing, is a little clueless about how romance works, which is to be expected. You nail both character traits for each of them on the head, especially during the bath scene.

I also love how you managed to incorporate the fact that Jack is learning about future technology as weapons, and expanded upon out as Ashi went the same way. Adding the resistance was also another nice touch, seeing that the show never really fleshed them out.

Keeping said resistance morally grey and fallible, as was the case with Mary's village, also helped give the war against Aku a fair share of realism which was lacking in the show, which was mostly black and white in terms of conflict. It really helped solidify how interconnected the world is, which was a plus.

Your ability to expand on the minor characters was also really great, especially the scenes with Olivia, which I found to be by far one of the best interactions I've read. I've always pictured her as a wisecracking old-timer who can still play ball with the youngsters, figuratively speaking, and you hit that right on the head. It was also a nice touch to have her rave lyrics reflect some of the actions Jack did besides saving them at the rave, as well as have her go about explaining how the big birds used came to be near the town there.

Although having her fellow raver peaches there was also pretty fun too. You manage to craft these guys so well, and it's great to see. I wonder how you'll tackle Rothschild and the others.

On that note, how you managed to work her and some many characters into the story, like Kuni or the woolies, the spartans and everyone else was a true delight. They help make the resistance army come to life, and make them feel like a coherant fighting force, rather than just a bunch of nameless soldiers. They also helped add color and life to various scenes, like the emoji girl during Ashi's plane ride, or Kuni at the graveyard showing her to Jack's spectres. I especially loved the way you handled returning characters, like that one waitress Ashi met earlier in the story.

Having Jack cycle through his mental emotions like this was also something you handled really well too. Rather than just feeling apathetic, he's conflicted like in the main storyline, but this time, you actually make his negative emotions have a point as to why they're doing what they do.

In the show, with the exception of apathy, most of them relied on guilt tripping Jack into following him. The scene with Mad Jack screaming at Jack to exact justice on Mary for her crimes here was realistic, and emotionally well done, as mad jack is actually frothing mad over something which makes sense, and isn't paranoia based. Granted he does this in the show a couple times, but there it's quickly swept under the rug by a magic philosophical tea ceremony, which somehow made all of Jack's emotional troubles vanish.

Here, we see him actually struggling with them even on the road to recovery, as feelings like that never truly go away completely, making him more human and more relateble to the reader.

Overall, I loved how you panned out your story, with it's multiple perspectives on events, elaboration on side characters, and exploration of the world. It really helps make samurai jack's journey feel vast, but without the mysterious emptiness character to the show. Rather you filled that with a lot of good worldbuilding, and I love it.

Best of luck with your future endeavors, and I hope you get back to this story at some point.

Thanks for the read!
Mike660 chapter 10 . 9/13/2018
I think this chapter is my fav
Stone-Man85 chapter 17 . 7/26/2018
I hope to hear from you soon, my friend. And I'm gld you're feeling better.
The Cowardly Christian chapter 17 . 7/24/2018
...is it really okay for you to be up and about?

Your health is more important then a story, y'know...
Guest chapter 17 . 7/22/2018
Dear God, I can't believe something like that happened to you. Please take some much needed recovery time before recommitting to your story...
Scrappy Doo Fan chapter 17 . 7/22/2018
Sorry about your accident. Hope you're feeling better!
Saharanspy chapter 16 . 7/3/2018
I look forward to the next chapter, and everything that comes after. This story has been excellent so far.
Orphelia chapter 16 . 4/20/2018
Hello d-clarenc. :) How old are you?
I hope you already came up with a new chapter when Samurai Jack returned his sword?