Reviews for A Lesson in Understanding
katbybee chapter 1 . 10/17/2018
Incredible story... terrifying, realistic and heartbreaking. Sad and stunning. This was a wonderful character study of the relationship between Hannibal and Face. What impressed me very much was how realistic your setting was... the desert and all that happened there. You took your readers right into the middle of the action... and never let up. Excellent work. Thank you.
Hucklebarry chapter 1 . 7/2/2018
I loved this story and how well-written it is!
DevinBourdain chapter 1 . 6/26/2018
excellent and compelling story. I hope you continue to enrich this fandom with your work.
Frapper chapter 1 . 11/27/2017
I loved this story. After all, it is a get-Face one, always my favourites, haha. Well written, with lots of insights of character's thoughts and feelings, and the relationships between them. I also like your knowledge of military and medical stuff.

One thing I have to ask you: which year is this based on? I assumed pre-series, so late 70 to early 80s? But then, was GPS fully operational? According to God Google, it was only starting as a project back then, but after all, this is fiction, and having a way to track Face helps the story. And BA calling mum on Skype is a nice, cute touch, but way before its time. Shame.

Thanks for a good read. Looking forward to more like this.
BMSH chapter 1 . 6/29/2017
Great story. Only because you asked in your profile - there are several instances where you have a correctly spelled word but it is not the word you wanted to use (ex: improve for improv) and spell check won't tell you that (although apparently improv isn't a word either). You do a really good job of capturing the essence of the characters - your characterization is exactly how I think they would be. On to the next :)
x Bout as Stable as the Wind x chapter 1 . 6/2/2017
Amazing work. Loveddddd it, the style is perfect and you got every character down perfect.
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 6/2/2017
Excellent pre-series story. You did a great job capturing the inner voices and actions of the characters. Very well done!
Elise Deschat chapter 1 . 6/1/2017
Interesting story, trying to figure time line...seems to be a pre-quell, whatever, it brings good characterization of each of the main characters...