Reviews for Genius Envy
musiqueismyjam1041 chapter 3 . 1/23
Walter was perfectly written, in my opinion! I also love this story. This is probably my third time reading this.
dcd28 chapter 3 . 1/9
Love your writing! I think you capture the characters perfectly!
AshtheHPfan chapter 3 . 1/8
YOU DO NOT MAKE WALTER SOUND ROBOTIC! that's foolishness of the highest degree I can't get through a story when they screw up walters characterisation and speech pattern and make him say stuff that he would find wholly irrelevant or wouldn't even think of like metaphors he's direct that doesn't make him robotic and that's exactly how you write him. Also, paige's reactions in your fics along with my own as you wrote him on a very endearing way you can see why this pairing works You have captured these characters don't let people tell you differently in fact I'm worried Om going to go to other stories and not find the accuracy I've found here Walter is hard to write and you've done a great job also some of these people don't write just how much walter has to try to act normal and don't reference progress he's made which he always does because as a person with disorders you have to be kntop of it and think about it which is what walter does in the show I'm going to stop gushing now
SofiaLSAN15 chapter 3 . 7/11/2017
I like this a lot. Sequel?
ChandlerRidge chapter 3 . 7/3/2017
I love your stories, and I don't think your characterization of Walter is too robotic.
FoxPhile chapter 3 . 6/17/2017
Walter’s speech about dates is so perfect. Honestly, you are one of the best writers of Walter out there. You really capture his odd scientific mindset and his practicality while still keeping him sweet and adorable.

I love the two of them comparing their plans and then comparing presents, both of them eager to be “the best”. Walter definitely wins on both counts, though. His stammering proposal – which he never quite gets all the way out – is perfectly done. I love the sentimentality of using his great-grandmother’s ring, and I’m sure Paige does, too.

PS – I wrote the above about how well you do Walter before I saw your note at the end. If someone thinks you write Walter too “robotic”, they aren’t paying attention. His words may sound robotic, but there is always an underlying sweetness and caring that is exactly what makes Walter such a great character – on screen or in well-written fic.

Thank you for a lovely glimpse at Waige as a happy couple.
FoxPhile chapter 2 . 6/17/2017
“Crying was pretty much a waste of time and energy” This, and Paige’s personal pep-talk after it, got me to thinking that she and Walter aren’t so different. They are both logical in their own way; they both have a determination that drives them to get things done and to succeed in whatever they set their minds to do. And they both love with their whole hearts. It’s really no wonder that they are in love.

But OH MY GOD! I adore that Walter didn’t forget – and that he referenced one of the sweet moments from their early days. The note with the flowers is so quintessential Walter and yet so incredibly romantic at the same time. If I were Paige, I’d be floored, too.
FoxPhile chapter 1 . 6/17/2017
What a conundrum for poor Paige! I really like how you build up the dilemmas in this first chapter – she’s jealous of the time her own son gets to spend with her boyfriend; frustrated because said boyfriend doesn’t pick up on clues; feels the need to hide her disappointment because she knows he really *wants* to be a good partner and then she has to deal with having the uber-romantic gestures of Toby shoved in her face on a regular basis. I love the “Be determined” reference. That really shows how desperately frustrated she is and how hard she’s trying to be an understanding partner herself, and appreciate what she has.

Looking forward to reading the rest!
kadykay09 chapter 3 . 6/17/2017
This story was incredible; you captured both characters perfectly. You definitely have absolutely no reason to be insecure in my book :) Thank you for sharing!
Rebecca Rivera chapter 3 . 6/14/2017
I didn't want it to end. Hope that helps with your insecurity issues. And Walter is not robotic at all. I'm totally EQ for his IQ...if you know what I mean.
WriterFreak001 chapter 3 . 6/13/2017
I love this! Thank you for writing this story and for all of the stories you have written. :) I reread them all the time! :D Don't listen to that loser who told you your Walter seems too robotic. That person is crazy to think that because your Walter is one of my favorites! :) We are all here for you and love what you do for this fandom, and don't take what one person out of many says to heart. He or she is not worth your time. :) I love your work, and I hope this insult doesn't deter you from writing Waige. You are honestly one of the best Waige writers! Far better than what I could ever write! :) XOXOXO
nicoledbishop chapter 3 . 6/13/2017
First, try not to let reviews get you down. I know it's easier said than done but this is something you enjoy and there are a lot of us out here that look forward to reading your work. I hope you focus more on the positive reviews and take the not to positive ones with a grain of salt.

Second...awe! I love this story. The way Walter thinks always amazes me. He doesn't realize he's being sweet, he's just doing what he thinks it logical or/and what makes her happy. Anyone happy for that matter. Like the tie clip he gave Happy on her wedding day. Or the fact that he doesn't like art but if taking Paige because he knows it makes her happy and seeing her happy makes him happy. Why can't all men learn that? Lol! His reaction to her pictures was so funny! Classic Walter. But the ring and how it was his grandmothers was the icing on the cake. Very nicely done.
MJLupin27 chapter 3 . 6/12/2017
I really, really like this story.. I think it's been great and I'd say your characterizations are spot on.. if you had made Walter a marshmallow it wouldn't have been believable.. so don't give another thought to it, when you write you are supposed to paint the world the way you see it, so if you imagine Walter wearing pink pajamas to go to work, then no one else has a say about it.. as long as it's well written, every point of view is valid.. enjoy your talent at writing! we can't please everyone, but we certainly have to please ourselves when we write..
Guest chapter 3 . 6/12/2017
I don't know why someone would tell you that he sounds robotic, but i personally love this story
Bicii chapter 3 . 6/12/2017
That was perfect! I love it!
Our Walter P. Obrien is robotic! He is what he is and it's why we love him, and is why it makes his little gestures so particular.
I love your stories because you stick with the character we know from season 1, and frankly I had a hard time watching Season 3. I'am in love with the rude/robotic Walter. Who can't help but let his armour down when it's about Paige or something that get to him like children with disabilities ...
you are an amazing writer! And you need to remember that not all persons have OCD and change issue like us hehe, they just liked the new Walter and hope to see him change faster then I will like him to.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »