Reviews for Jessie's Journey: Or, How a Girl Chased Her Dreams West
MWolfL chapter 22 . 9/7
Love them getting the better of Emily and the weasel puns. XD

Let's see...I think if I was there I'd say to Emily "I'll never understand how a smart, kind, and talented woman like Jessie could have come from a stifling boring mother like yourself". Wonder if she'd be more appalled by me calling Jessie smart and talented or by me calling her stifling and boring. XD
MWolfL chapter 21 . 9/7
I hope the company who made Woody didn't actually intend for 'There's a snake in my boot!' to mean that Woody is drunk. XD
MWolfL chapter 18 . 9/7
Making your wedding dress something you can wear often instead of once definitely is a smart idea. Never understood all the fuss about spending loads of money (and time) on dresses with fancy fabrics and decorations only to wear it for just one day, and then pack it up to never be worn again (at least until a female descendant decides to wear it for her wedding).

Also I can never read or hear 'Cucamonga' without thinking of the train station running gag on The Jack Benny Program, a vintage radio show.

Basically at least Jack would be at the train station and the announcer would say something like "Train leaving on track nine for Anaheim, Azusa, and Cuc...amonga." XD
MWolfL chapter 17 . 9/7
“...They WILL be at your wedding, though, if I have to go to Los Angeles Myself and drag them back by the ear.” I love Estrellita. XD
MWolfL chapter 7 . 9/7
Maybe Buzz used to go with the 'booz' sound of his name, only for his parents to realize that it sounded like 'booze' so they suggested he call himself Buzz? Or maybe he heard the word booze as a kid in relation to alcoholic drinks, and not wanting that sort of name decided to change it to Buzz?

It is possible...the Beverly Cleary books about Ramona said that her older sister got the nickname Beezus because Ramona couldn't pronounce Beatrice properly. If 'trice' can be changed to 'zus' then it isn't a stretch for 'booz' to be changed to 'buzz'.
MWolfL chapter 5 . 9/7
"And I'm a yo-yo". Love the franchise references. XD
MWolfL chapter 4 . 9/7
Decided to read the story from the beginning whenever a new chapter comes rather than just read the new chapters on their own because I enjoy this story that much (just had to wait until I had enough time to read all these chapters since I get busy with my hobbies and I'm now back in college).

Love the ending part of this chapter with Woody pranking Buzz. Woody tricking Buzz into thinking that there was an alien behind him was always one of my favorite parts of the first movie. XD

I also find it interesting that Hamm is a Sheriff rather than 'The Evil Dr. Porkchop'. Then again, to me 'Dr. Porkchop' was a bit more like a James Bond enemy than an old west enemy, and spy enemies would stand out too much in the 1890s. Unless he's secretly an enemy...been so long since I last read this story that I forgot whether that happens or not.

It's an all-too common conflict with your favorite fanfics having a lot of chapters. You love that there's so much of the story to enjoy, yet at the same time you don't have enough time to read the entire story often.
Luin-fanel chapter 25 . 9/4
Hahahaha, Jess and Buzz are a prankers with Woody hahahahahaha, I can picture them doing so, actually xD.
Love the Pride's babies, there look so sweet and cute, but poor Bo, I know how difficult is getting two with so little difference in between... and I can tell, three Kids are madness, hahahaha, they fight for the toys, are really noisy sometimes, and the worse of all is when the three are poder thanks 3, because one of them is always complaining with one of the other two, so one of the other two spends it alone, in disgust or arguing with it siblings, it could be really anoying.
Great Jon with the research, the fic and the characters! I love this story so much, thanks for share it.

Luin-fanel chapter 24 . 9/3
Great chapter, I enjoy a lot this one and the evil's visit.
Luin-fanel chapter 21 . 9/2
Another great chapter, I laugh a lot with these, and that prank with the legend, Oh God! That was epic!
You are right, there are lots of variations, didn't know if you two found the first legend, in the first, some years before Columbus discover, for some years the crying of a woman could be hear at the streets of the ancient Tenochtitlan, the woman crees for her daugthers and sons because a disgrace bear them all, the belivers said It was the Godess of Earth, and registre this at the codex.
Well, now that I have time, I need to read about that visit, por Jessie, I really feel very sorry for her, she was so stressed and anxious... and all ayer so lovely day.
Luin-fanel chapter 17 . 8/30
What a sweet chapter this was! I love It all. It was really cute and festive!
I forgot to write this, but thanks a lot for taking some phrases from the movies, It was so funny and enjoyable to read that in this AU, thanks a lot, you write magic with that.
I think I'm going to sleep now and continue tomorrow... maybe, haha, maybe read the next ayer doing some excersise and put my Kids to sleep.

Thanks for this great, cute and imteresting chapter, I've learn some xmas traditions really interesting with No and Estrellita.
Luin-fanel chapter 16 . 8/30
First to all, I recently start reading this fanfic at AO3, but I can't handle anymore my imposibility to review you, so, here I am.
The story and all the researching work you are doing is awsome, It could be a great historicall novel, I'm really sure of it. The stylish, the story, the characters, you are working all of it so nice and use so much historical research to play with it, I'm just so glad to read it! It's like been there!
In the other hand, I'm from Mexico, so for me is a real delight when Buzz ir his family talk in spanish, you sure don't talk spanish? maybe the only fault there is about the tamales, if you have two ir more, tamales is correcto, but if you have only one, It spell "tamal". It's not a bid deal,I'm really happend with all you had write, is just funny to read "tamale" xP
One Last thing, I didn't know a lot about Spanish California culture, but It sounds a lot like home, the música sould much "mestizo" than spanish, but, again, it's a lot like home.
Thanks a lot, this is an amazing story, mure than a fanfic, if you know what I mean.

SARABA
Ive been reading these chapters while checking your boards. Very helpful visual aid that I appreciate a lot. Same time, it's strange to imagine them in the clothes of that era. So many layers. The sample photos your provide look so clunky as well, I'm sure they were able to make it work at the time, but it's hard to imagine the mechanics of it, especially in a sudden situation like in the orange grove (and even then, Jessie had less layers on haha)

I like this story a lot. You mentioned having an update schedule, how often is that? Your last update was August 7, and you said that was late? I can't imagine updating monthly with chapters as long as this!

xoxo, ohmarbeline.
THIS IS WONDERFUL
dinochickrox chapter 25 . 8/6
I mean, they did talk about starting a family after the Valencia harvest.