Reviews for To Inherit the Future
The Prime Cronos chapter 20 . 1h
I really like how you combine Okeer and the overall feeling of the War with the general mood of Nier Automata.
I was actually kind of sad to see the androids fighting the Krogan not the other way around.
Especially when the Salerian tried to justify that they were in the wrong with the krogan.
I have not read a single ff which tried to explore the fall out of Krogan allies filing accusations against the Salerians. I hope the genophage has not been released yet, but the end scene kind of says otherwise, but there is still hope. I would really like to see a pacifyed Krogan race without the genophage.
From what I read, I get the feeling Okeer is like how the Krogan should have been.
More inthinking about the consequences of his actions and also reviewing his actions less following his instincts and bloodrage.
It would be nice to see maybe, that the androids have captured more younger krogan and placed them in similar camps like the one on earth with Drack and somehow pacified them, like striking the more violant down again and again, but not the fully break them, but dull the instinct and sharpen their intellect.

We have also seen quite a bit of information exchange between the Android, the Salerians and the Asari.
I would like to see a cautise side of the Androids, where the leadership is not full trusting and hacking into Asari and Salerian networks to discover more information and any planed countermeasures they have agianst the androids, like viruses of anything.
Like one major weekness I see is the open wireless networks everywhere. the androids should plug this weekness, because they know it was a devestating problem in the last mashine war.
a possible solution for spaceships would be laser communicators, so no one can hack into their active comm systems.
I really like the battle of influence between the race Okeer discribed, how the asiari manipulated the krogan to fight the rachni, then the Turians and Humans to fight the Krogan. One has to keep in mind the reproduction cicles of the Asari and Salerains.
The Salerians are very complicated and the Asari take over a century to start to reproduce.
So both have a big disadventage in a prolonged war.
In addition to the battle of influence over each other the Asari have the knowledge of the Prothean VI and Beacon. THe conflict from that would be interesting to see.
TheBleachDoctor chapter 23 . 4/18
Is this still updating? You've got a great story here and I hope it isn't dead. The character interactions are great.
Reasonable man chapter 23 . 4/18
Interesting story. The idea of androids inheriting humans and becoming well formed society in future is great.

There are some concerns in your fic that I want to mention.

First your fic consists mostly from action scenes, but there are not so many "thinking" scenes. It would be very interesting to read what 2B and 9S thinks about other alien races. The only well written thoughts in your story is only Commander White's. This fic goes mostly from her perspective.

There are multiple plotlines that appeared but you have just left them out. First is how androids rebuilt Earth. There should be some mentions of how these androids built their own cities, how they established government, how they are managing economics. You have just mentioned slightly these moments, but I feel like Earth is still consists mostly from destryed cities. Second, this is major plotline, accident in Phobos, this had very promising read, but you have just ommited it. I know that you are going to involve this in future chapters, however there are decades of time between last chapter and this incident, there should be something already.
i read it all didn't like all of these racist aliens should be dead
amerdism chapter 23 . 3/21
Awesome story, when's the next chapter going up, I hope to see more soon. It’d be interesting to see the reaction of the quatrains to the androids, or even an entirely new race to them.
typo:
I can only hope that might be able to help."
- that I might
K chapter 7 . 1/24
It's not explicitly stated (and you might already be aware of this chain of logic), but the "shadow cabal" in question is almost certainly the machine network.

Project YoRHa serves the machines' motive (to perpetuate the war indefinitely, by giving the remaining human-derived androids a reason to fight); it fits their observed behavior (fragmentation into warring factions); and it's within their means and no one else's (the machine and YoRHa networks are compatible enough to interface directly via hacking in both directions; YoRHa black-boxes are derived from machine cores).

In a meaningful sense, YoRHa androids are a class of machine lifeform.
"... we managed to decompile the code into less high-level language..."

This is the opposite of what decompilation is: compilation translates from a high-level language to a low-level one, and decompilation is an attempt to reverse that process.

(Which usually can't be done, any more than you can unburn a letter, but useful approximations are possible.)

"That and I might of hinted..."

Should be "might have" or "might've".
Dolearon chapter 1 . 1/23
An interesting story, I like the aspect of self discovery of an entire "species" hope it continues.
Alex chapter 18 . 1/20
Wow, really great chapter. I was worried that White would have to live with the fact that she ordered a biblical act of evil, while recovering her human memories.
Glad that didn't happen.
Lovnag chapter 23 . 1/8
This is quite a good work. I really like the way you went with fusing Nier and ME.
Exzyne chapter 23 . 12/8/2017
I didn’t expect this story to hook me as it did, but I am pleasantly surprised. Thanks for writing this, and I’ll be happy to see where you’ll take the story.
xaeroxiii chapter 23 . 12/1/2017
The idea of combining Mass Effect with Nier: Automata is simply genius! I binge read all chapters from 1-22 in one day. Your writing style, grammar, and characterization(especially with Yorha Commander White, 2B and A2) is truly a hidden gem in the site. I'm glad i found this fic.

I don't really see an overall plot in which it all comes together though. And i was a little dismayed that the Nierverse collided with the MEverse during the Krogan Rebellions. I was looking forward to the 1st contact war scenario between the Turians and the Human androids - especially since it was a time when AI development and research was banned by the Citadel. It would certainly have made an interesting interaction.

It was a very fun read going through the ethical considerations of unleashing the Genophage though. Especially with how the androids as a species experienced things differently. I definitely look forward to more from this. It was highly addicting. More power to you dear author.
Mugenko chapter 13 . 11/29/2017
I consume fanfics in large quantities that the gems compelling me to review are extremely rare. I’ve read up to the 22nd chapter as of this review, but I decided to dedicate this to chapter 13 since it depicts what I most enjoyed seeing in this crossover; hell any crossover. While the grammar and spelling can sometimes trip me up, your writing is otherwise masterfully done, offering vastly different and unique perspectives, moralities, experiences, and even writing styles. Again though, special thanks must go to chapter 13: I would literally read many times the length of this fanfic for these culture shocks alone.
Mangahero18 chapter 20 . 11/28/2017