Reviews for A Spring Fair in Minas Tirith
MlleGigi chapter 5 . 5/31/2012
Oh, dear...I foresee great sadness and disappointment for the toymaker if he manages to learn the truth about what happened to Balin in Moria.
Fawn chapter 10 . 8/10/2011
The swordsmith's view is my favorite of these chapters, though the glovemaker and toymaker's stories are close seconds. Well written. Great read!
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 10 . 7/21/2010
I think I loved these even more than the fic they're taken out of... All of these craftsmen have their own personnality, well done!
Gyreflight chapter 10 . 12/29/2009
The chance to see familiar folk through unfamiliar eyes is very welcome, at least it is when written with such care. I love meeting your Eowyn, Merry, and Faramir again, and enjoyed the reminder of how differently they appear to those around them than to themselves.

All of your original characters are entirely their own selves, beautifully drawn, both individual and memorable – and in more than one case, deserving of curiosity and attention in their own right. You do an amazing job of fleshing them out in the little space you’ve given yourself for each person, and I enjoyed watching you drape the connections so lightly across and through them all.

This is a reminder of Minas Tirith herself, a city that lives in all her varied population, and whose strength requires her merchants to do their part in peace just as much as the soldiers who keep her safe in war.

A most memorable and re-readable story.

Thanks.

~Gyre
Grav chapter 10 . 11/12/2006
I love the universe you've created here...how all your stories weave together in little ways. You command of the assorted characters both canon and not is amazing.
trecebo chapter 10 . 6/1/2006
Another delightful read! You capture the voices and timbre of the style of language (formal and yet...different) so well. A few of the povs had me with a tear a time or two, they were so touching.

Hail and faire, ye have done no dis-service to JR; nay, only to add to the brightness of the story, have ye done so well.
Playing Passerine chapter 3 . 12/28/2004
i'm sure i've reviewd bits of this before. watching eertk left me needing more so i hopped back to this. a good bedtime story :) just wanted you to know that the lovliness of this strikes me everytime. the details of the glovemaker, i sew enough to sympathize. and your line about her watching like a child with an expenive toy. it's just beautiful.
Katinka31 chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
This is such a delightful story - it's on my list of "comfort reads", those I never get tired of revisiting. You have a wonderful command of Tolkien's language and settings. Thank you for sharing your talents!
Aloysius chapter 10 . 4/27/2004
This is a great idea for a story, and brilliantly executed. You draw such in depth and interesting characters in such a short space of words, and I love how their personalities and reactions to Eowyn, Faramir and Merry are all so different. You really bring the wider sphere of Minas Tirith two life with these vignettes.
Alo
Alaithus chapter 10 . 1/25/2004
I enjoyed this set of stories. I loved seeing the different perspectives people had about Faramir, Eowyn, and Merry, but probably the most enjoyable aspect of the story was that we get to see into the lives the merchants and get to hear their stories. They all had different backgrounds and different circumstances that brought them to Minas Tirith. I had a fun time getting to know them.
Thank you for a lovely read.
Guest chapter 10 . 1/6/2004
wonderful! bluebells... ] this is so creative! Good job!
Caitlin chapter 10 . 1/6/2004
How happy I am to have discoverd this! I was sad when Bluebells ended. :-) I have enjoyed these alternate perspectives immensely.
Natters chapter 10 . 12/29/2003