Reviews for Getting Through It
Sunset Whispers chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
I really enjoyed this and like them together :)
Gomizia chapter 1 . 10/5/2017
That is so cute!
octocelot chapter 1 . 8/7/2017
Aww, this was cute. I like that Draco's animagus is meaningful, as you noted in the A/N!

I was a little confused about why Draco initially said that he would have gone back if Luna wasn't there again. The first time he seemed really embarrassed that she had seen him in his failed state, and I don't think there was sufficient explanation.

However, I really liked how the story has a clear arc! Interesting to end the story with the Vanishing Cabinet, since we know his history with that object. It almost reminds us of a sad moment of Draco's story.

Nicely done!
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 7/30/2017
I love the way you've portrayed the characters here. Luna is a tricky one to write and I feel like you've done her justice. I like the interactions between the pair too.

Great job in not making Draco a ferret and picking an animal that more embodies him. I love reading ANs explaining why people picked things that are seemingly random things and for them to make a lot of sense. I like how you've characterised him and fit him with the cat.

Very well written story and enjoyable.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 7/30/2017
First of all, I love the idea of Draco being a Siamese Cat. This is a thing that should most certainly be canon, and I may kidnap the idea for my own personal head-canon. I liked your characterisation of Luna, I find her to be one of the hardest characters to write in the fandom, and I really liked how you made her supportive of Draco.

This was very sweet, well done :D
What'dIMiss chapter 1 . 7/23/2017
DracoLuna will be the death of me. Thanks for making me ship them.:p

I'm sure Em absolutely loved this, 'cause I sure did. Draco and Luna are both done so well. Him as a cat is just perfect, and Luna supporting him in his failures was amazing. Good job!:D
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
I've never considered Draco as an Animagus. I guess it fits because you can see that Slytherin ambition coming out. He'd want to push himself to be the best, to challenge himself.

Also, the fact that his form is a cat is adorable. I would have assumed he'd be something a bit wilder. Choosing a cat was an interesting choice, and it shows that he's softer than typically presented in canon.

The exchange between Draco and Luna was lovely. I love how he was snappy towards her at first, but it changed quickly, enough that he wouldn't continue with his project that night if she wasn't there. The innocence between them was refreshing. Especially that he corrected himself after first calling her Loony. That's such a simple step to something that could be so beautiful.
isaacswolfsbane chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
This was a really cute little fic. I definitely think Draco would choose to become an Animagus, even if it was only because he wanted to prove he was good enough to become one. I've never really thought about him as anything other than a ferret after the thing with Mad-Eye, but I definitely think he suits a cat.

I wasn't convinced by Draco's characterisation throughout the fic, I thought he was a bit too nice at times, but that's a common occurrence in fanfiction so it didn't bother me too much. Your characterisation of Luna, however, was spot on. Though the repetition of Draco's full name every time she spoke was a little jarring as a reader, it worked well and added to Luna's character.

Overall, I enjoyed reading it.

Great job :)
HP Slash Luv chapter 1 . 7/16/2017
I'm reviewing this on behalf of the review-a-thon at The Golden Snitch forum. You should join.
Anyways, onto the review.
This was really interesting. I never thought of what Draco's Animagi form would be, but I think a cat actually makes sense.
I loved how Luna offered him simple companionship, and I think that was something Draco desperately needed at that point in time. I have to hope her friendship might have changed him for the better, maybe enough that he might fight on the right side.
Or maybe he'll save Luna from being a captive?
I think you kept both of them in character, and I enjoyed the story very much.
MicaNgocLan chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
My first Draco/Luna read. I actually like the idea since they are so different from one another. Finding a thing for them to bond together seems fun. I enjoyed the idea of Draco becoming an Animagus, it can be something that is purely his versus inherited. I think it is fitting that Luna mostly sat and observed.
Emiliya Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/6/2017
I enjoyed the new perspective on Animagi. Draco is a highly capable wizard, and I can imagine him trying to become one just to test his limits. After all, it could prove itself useful. It also seems a bit like a final act of defiance, just like when he tells Luna to go (and hopefully avoid getting caught in the crossfire).
I found the Draco/Luna first meeting pretty awkward. It didn't feel as natural as their later conversations, and Draco's slightly OOC. I would have liked him to become frustrated with his attempts, maybe bringing Luna into his confidence because she's a Ravenclaw and so could help him with the theory.
Dragon MoonX chapter 1 . 6/16/2017
Ooh, I like this. I don't think I've read one about Draco becoming an animagus before, and I'm interested in seeing what kind of animal he becomes.

Draco is very much in character with the way he snaps at Luna the moment he sees her. And Luna is still just as polite and serenely detached as always, bless her heart. :)

This is really nice. I think that Luna is the perfect companion for him while he tries to master the art of becoming an animagus. One reason why is because she doesn't point out his furry ears, or make fun of him for his silly tail. It makes me wish something like this had happened in canon because I would have loved to see these two together, as friends, in this exact situation.

Luna's reaction to his animagus form is perfect. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd imagine her saying. And I love Draco's animagus form! A Siamese cat is perfect for him.
golden-queen-writes chapter 1 . 6/6/2017
Maisie, thank you! I adored this :) Draco was so in character and I could definitely see him spending a lot of time in the room of requirement to try to get away from his life. Luna was adorable and sweet and steamy and gahhhhh I just loved their subtle progression from friends to more.
Thanks again! :D