Reviews for The Future That Never Was
sarge1130 chapter 4 . 3/1/2018
It's been years since I last watched OP's first season. I think I remember something like this talking bush, lol. Quite funny how Kuina remembered Naruto's MightGuy, lol. Youth!
A great fighter is not someone who is the best in everything, rather, it is someone who recognizes his strength and weakness. Reinforce the strength but try to strengthen your weakness, that is what they say. I really like Kuina here :).
Seems like some events had changed when the past was altered. Kuro seems like more badass here, I'll be anticipating him in the next chapters.
Thanks for the update :D.
ilovecartoonsgirl chapter 4 . 2/23/2018
I love this story so far, it is very interesting and I'm not sure where you're taking this, which is a good thing. Also, Kuina lives! Yay! And it looks like Nami and Usopp were visited by their future selves too...this is going to be fun. Great job so far!
Son of Whitebeard chapter 4 . 2/23/2018
ooh kuro as a marine
Guest chapter 4 . 2/22/2018
This story is fantastic.
mikewebb1211 chapter 4 . 2/22/2018
Curious events are afoot. I'm hooked on these changes you've made to the canon. I'm especially impressed with how you're establishing Kuina's fighting style compared to Zoro's. Speed and flexibility seem to fit her quite well with still incredible strength even if it isn't in the same class as Zoro's is a nice touch. Plus Coby being a wannabe Revolutionary Lite just has me more and more interested.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/22/2018
Now this is interesting. Kuro is apparently going by a different avenue for his plans for retirement, Nami is apparently already notorious for something or other, and Conomi and Gecko are in a trading partnership. I wonder how Usopp will turn out and when exactly we'll see Nami encounter the New Straw Hats.
Unca Bob chapter 4 . 2/22/2018
I enjoyed the hell out of this chapter.
ParrotsRAmazing chapter 1 . 2/22/2018
Great as always! I think I have to reread the earlier chapters. I forgot how much I like this.
SoulAuron chapter 4 . 2/22/2018
soooo, karasu is kuro? very interesting, ive alwasy wanted kuro to have a bigger role in the story, he is certainly capable enough for it, and he managed to capture nami too?
on another note it doesnt seem like arlong is in cocoyoshi, is he going to still be a part of the east blue saga? his presence was very important to show the straw hats a level of strength that surpasses normal humans, and overcoming them was very good for the growth of certain characters, especially ussop, so if arlong doesnt show up in the east blue, someone else with similar or greather strength should.
one last thing, since you are basing this story on that fic where the straw hats went back in time i feel there may be a few problems, first is sanji, he was the only one who didnt go back to his own time and affect his own childhood, so that could affect his relative strength since zoro and luffy where visited and learned from it, and i would be sad if he is no longer one of the strongest in the crew, also, do you have any plans to account for any strawhats that are recruited from here on out in the manga? from kuinas observation with how many crewmembers she and zoro saw there seems to be room for that, but i dont know if thats what you are planing.
pointvee chapter 4 . 2/22/2018
...Hey there Kuro, looking shady as ever huh?
Great chapter, as always :)
Unca Bob chapter 3 . 12/24/2017
Ahmm hmm hmm, very interesting. I like it. I hope the new years finds you with the time and inspiration to write some more of this delightful story.
sarge1130 chapter 3 . 10/31/2017
Like the fight scene, it was well-written. Fight scenes are difficult to write but you had managed to make a nice imagery. Based on Kuina's moves, she seems like her movement is more fluid and her reflexes are pretty fast. On the other hand, Zoro's attacks relies on strength and power.
Like Luffy here. He's strong but he have trust to his nakama that he will be saved by them when needed.
So curious who this Migo is. His skills on deception reminds me of Doflamingo but I have no clue who he really is, lol. Thanks for the update :D.
SwordOfTheGods chapter 3 . 10/16/2017
Three chapters. Three freaking chapters and I'm all in for what is shaping up to the ride of an alternate lifetime. I don't know what's with this sudden surge of stories with Coby as a crewmember (I say surge but there are maybe four or five including this one, mine (Coby's Choice), and One Piece, Two Piece, Red Piece, Blue Piece by BluejayBlaze), but I like it. If you haven't read my story, please check it out. Not to toot my own horn, but it's not too shabby.

Shameless horn-tooting aside, I can't wait to see where you go with this story and I eagerly await your next update. Keep writing!

P.S. I wonder... what did Luffy go back and change if not Sabo's "death"? Maybe Ace's? Will that even come to pass in this timeline? I can't wait!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/16/2017
Very interesting story, I love what I'm seeing so far :)
Tombs456 chapter 3 . 10/16/2017
I'm hype for the next chapter, can't wait to see what lead to the twos drastic changes from the visit of the future strawhats