Reviews for Stain
LucyLuna chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
Well, that was an interesting reveal at the end. Colin never came off as a very threatening figure in canon, so to find out he's responsible for that massacre (altered or not) is pretty surprising.
The other guy's remark about it possibly being better Colin doesn't remember who he used was interesting and I like how Colin appears to agree with that after kind of recalling how he died and accepting he wasn't him anymore.
The Rose in Death's Garden chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
This was great! (Maybe not for someone who doesn't like horror, but I loved!)

This was a very effective use of the Unreliable Narrator technique. Even though it's written in third person, the audience only has has as much information as the main character does, and even drawing on our knowledge of canon isn't helpful enough to solve the mysteries of this AU before you choose to reveal them.

More details about the experiment and what exactly that made him into, and how the accelerated healing factors in would be nice. But I can see how that would have been hard to fit into the piece stylistically.

You might want to remove the character tags if you meant for the revelation of his identity at the end to be a plot twist.

Overall this was wonderfully creepy. I especially liked the part where he went to touch the mysterious 'silver things' and was horrified to find out he was petting decapitated heads.
Zivandre chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
This was wonderful! For some reason, I didn't think to read the character list, so I thought this what about Harry the whole time. But, that made the shock of him finding his real name that much more shocking! I enjoyed reading this immensely! I didn't notice any SPaG issues either! Amazing, I would love reading more of this!
RedButterfly33 chapter 1 . 6/14/2017
Oh my Merlin.

At first I was wondering who the protagonist could be because I am a dumbass and didn't read the character tags :D But yes yes yes I want to read about Colin!

Okay, hmm... Interesting. so he's not a werewolf, he's some sort of... hybrid? Experiment? Frankenstein's monster kind of deal? Although I do wish you'd gone with a different term, because 'halflings' only make me think of Tolkein's hobbits and nothing else. And whoever made him fed him the Malfoys. That's... so tragic. I kind of imagined them getting caught unawares in this room, facing a beast... Kind of like the Potters. Must have been Luscious' latest failure. Or maybe Draco's.

Damn... that guy is a psycho. He just -jumped- a mutated wolf-man? Colin said he might know him, and I'm curious if he's a canon character. Who do we know that's this crazy? Other tagged character is Grayback... He has claws... And he's nuts... but lanky? Hm. I supposed it was never stated but I did always picture him kinda bulky. Still, it's interesting. And Colin has a collar, essentially, so I'm wondering if they've given him to Grayback to train or if he's a pet. He said he doesn't remember all of them, so probably the former.

I find it interesting that he wanted to know who he was. Grayback has a point there, he'd only feel guilty if he found out he used to be a good person. Still, I do get it. And now... now he's a weapon. I wonder what Voldy would have him do. Since it's a dystopian AU and we don't know how it is he lived, I'll refrain from wondering if there is a resistance and who might be in it, but it would be cool to see some of the other people we -thought- had died. Oh the possibilities! I do wonder if they're always wolf-men or if there are variations. Can you imagine, a crocodile-man George Weasley? Or something equally as crazy XD Anyways, this entry sure does a great job of setting it up. I didn't see any SPaG or glaring mistakes. I hope you do continue it, I'd be interested to see where you take it.

-Red