Reviews for Our Choices
Azzurrolunali chapter 7 . 7/14/2017
Ooh! Unexpected chapter! I love that! I think Dumbledore is annoying but true to the character from the books (for whom I have very ambivalent feelings!). Very exciting to see Sirius has escaped- now what? Dying to see what happens next! Will we get to meet more of Harry / the Golden Trio? Exciting also because this new territory- what has Peter's relative got to do with the story? Will Harry get to live with Sirius and Remus? What happens with Snape? Great story!
procrastinator12 chapter 7 . 7/13/2017
Dumbledore, playing with strings as always. I hope he does tell his staff; it'd make Sirius' life much easier. I can't wait to know why he escaped!
bludgerwombat chapter 7 . 7/13/2017
Great chapter! I'm glad it turned out to be Dumbledore being his usual self rather than a bad guy. Can't wait to see what you change next!
guest chapter 7 . 7/12/2017
Take as long as you need to write a chapter you like. We can wait.
Honestly, I felt a bit of fear when you revealed that Dumbledore knew that Sirius was innocent. I hate Dumbledore-bashing with a passion, so I'm impressed with the route you took: He knew, but he didn't remain completely inactive because 'blood wards', nor did he organize Sirius' imprisonment. Instead, he tried to get Sirius freed, while attempting to protect Remus (even if his actions had a negative impact). What a refreshing twist in the fanfiction realm. You either get 'he knew and he's evil' or 'he didn't know and he's good'.
I'm inclined to believe his actions regarding Remus were justifiable, even if objectively wrong. But maybe I'm just biased to defend him. I'll say it again, I hate Dumbledore-bashing with a passion. I'll admit that he's manipulative, but that doesn't mean he's evil. And really, there's practically nothing you can accuse him of that other characters aren't equally guilty of. Then again, I might just be biased due to the overwhelming amount of one-sided-ness there is in discussions about Dumbledore.
That's enough about that, though.
This takes place in April 1988. That means Percy Weasley, and by extension 'Scabbers', should be at Hogwarts. How's that going to turn out? Given the story description, I don't imagine this will turn into a fluff fest where Remus and Sirius raise Harry to be the ultimate Gryffindor. That might be a plan for a future story of yours, I don't really know, but this story seems to center around the idea of finding Pettigrew before Sirius is captured.
I'm half-tempted to guess that Sirius went to see Harry, but there's been very little mention of him throughout the story so far (compared to other stories I've read). He might try to see Remus, but that would cause another truckload of issues...
I always end up writing long reviews to this story it feels like. Well done you.
guest chapter 6 . 7/3/2017
Oh dear...
I have no idea what happened with Remus, it sounds awful.
And I have no idea what you're going to do with Dumbledore either! Are you going to make him evil, benevolent, manipulative, or just really intelligent? Guess you have to post the next chapter so I can find out (nudge nudge wink wink)
If I had to guess though, you'll have Dumbledore on the lookout for any students bringing in rats as pets. Hopefully he'll find Pettigrew before too long.
Miggie chapter 6 . 7/3/2017
Hi thanks so much for that chapter it is exactly what I was hoping for! Nothing too dramatic but Remus consolidating what he found out and planning what to do next! Really liked your version of Remus- lovely character traits. Exciting now to see what happens when he goes to see Dumbledore! Presume this story is AU, wondering are you planning on Remus and Sirius helping the golden trio defeat Voldemort? You know what I mean, more than just as minor players in the story? Can't wait! Keep writing!
Guest chapter 6 . 7/3/2017
I'm hooked! Please don't stop writing!
bludgerwombat chapter 6 . 7/2/2017
I love this story! I have a feeling Dumbledore won't be much help. In an earlier chapter he said that Sirius was where he belonged. Maybe I read to much into that statement. I guess we'll see, but it would mess up his plans for Harry if he were to get out. I am curious to find out your explanation for Remus's pain. I hope it isn't anything horrible. Should I even continue hoping that Remus will find Peter and everything will work out perfectly lol? Can't wait for the next chapter :)
Azzurrolunali chapter 5 . 6/26/2017
That was a bloody brilliant chapter! Definitely the best so far! Lived up to and surpassed my expectations! Couldn't have been written any better- well maybe but I can't think how ! Please please more chapters in the same vein and length... can't wait for the next chapter! Thank you!
procrastinator12 chapter 5 . 6/25/2017
Absolutely brilliantly written! I'm really excited for the next chapter now!
bludgerwombat chapter 5 . 6/24/2017
Great story. Can't wait to see what happens next. I hope Remus starts looking for Peter.
guest chapter 5 . 6/24/2017
Always happy to see a new chapter!
Oh, wow, Remus believes Sirius! This is fantastic!
Everything you've written so far has been amazing, but still, WOW!
And that bit at the end where Remus conjures a Patronus just so Sirius can have some happy memories for a little while... so sweet
Hope to see another update soon! Have a great weekend!
Seruphenthalys chapter 4 . 6/19/2017
yes master... It was great really, although the animagi transformation could have been a little more accurately described. Also, I was under the impression that Remus was unable to produce a corporeal patronus?
Azzurrolunali chapter 4 . 6/19/2017
Really lovely chapter! I loved the flashback to 1975! I am really looking forward to seeing how Remus' visit to Askaban goes, are you planning on Sirius feeling worse than ever (not sure can I cope!) or maybe thinking that a bit of Remus must still care about him or st least doubt his guilt if he needs to hear the admission from Sirius. I always thought it was weird that they didn't use veritaserum to establish that Sirius didn't betray his friends, it seems so unlikely... so you writing about it in this chapter (in different context) reminded me of that annoying fact! Not your fault obviously as it's JKR's ideas! Keep writing, it's really good stuff!
guest chapter 4 . 6/18/2017
Cheered when I saw that this updated. Your writing's really beautiful, and I don't say that often.
The Veritaserum description stood out to me. The effects vary a lot between authors, but I usually see it from an outside perspective. Nice work.
As for predictions... of course, I'm hoping that Sirius will try to convince Remus that he's innocent, and that Remus will believe him, but I doubt it will be that simple. Having Remus leave thinking Sirius is completely mad, but slowly believing him over time, is far more likely.
(Do I get a cookie if I'm right?)
Anyways, keep up the good work!
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »