Reviews for And All That Jazz
Omnitrix 12 chapter 7 . 2/12/2018
Very dramatic take on Lionheart here, and the most different from the movie that this story seems to have yielded yet. I dare say this will heat the story up considerably.

Conversely, Nick and Judy could hardly feel more like themselves. The banter was priceless, and Nick comes across as classically enigmatic in his intentions.

I have a suspicion that this will get Nick to be a lot more cooperative now that at least one very dangerous mammal knows he's back. That should make an interesting shift.
GimFerno chapter 37 . 2/12/2018
He's innocent. The timing is way to convenient for them to arrest him as soon as they got Lionheart. It could be seceral people who have it in for Nick.
The only real question is, will Judy believe him? Can't wait for the next chapter, this is great stuff!
J Shute chapter 37 . 2/12/2018
Oh, that was a sucker punch and a half. A great chapter, that had me happy and warm and then shocked me at the end.

While there is the possibility that Nick did the deed, it makes no sense unless he has some hidden motive. While he doesn't have an alibi, the officers story has a key fault. Why didn't they chase after the fox who did the deed?

I previously considered the idea that, in one of her meetings, bellwether contaminated both the gun and Nick's paw. Checking back though, I couldn't find any openings for that to occur.

However, from Judy's POV, she doesn't need to work out who Framed him. She just needs to find a major chink in the opposing evidence. If Nick didn't do that, then the photo was either staged with a lookalike or old. Barring the possibility of the photo fox holding the wrong gun, which could be explained away, two potential life raft seems to present itself. The first is ballistic analysis. The other one, which you reminded us of at the start of the chapter, is the cut in Nick's ear. I'm guessing that Judy will either see the photo again, or be reminded of his cut, and then realise that it isn't present on the photo. That throws the eyewitness account in the bin, and a ballistics analysis could prove that it wasn't him (presuming that Bogo and the lab tech aren't in on this too). Doesn't explain the contamination though.

It's also a beautiful irony. Nick facing one of his worst nightmares saving him from the other.
Merecor chapter 37 . 2/12/2018
This was a great chapter! A lot happened in such a short span of time. I was unbelievably happy when those two kissed. What can I say? I'm a heavy shipper. Then there was the whole fiasco with Nick being arrested and Judy detained for questioning. Needless to say, I won't be able to stop thinking about thay until the next chapter is released. Keep up the awesome work, and I'll see you next time!
Thou Craggy Knob chapter 37 . 2/12/2018
Incredibly vivid chapter, well done!
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 36 . 2/11/2018
I really loved the descriptions for the prison as it really helped paint an imaginative picture for the place. Nick may not have gotten the closure he was looking for, and hoping for a change from Mr Big, but at least he was able to say the few things he could to him. A wonderful take on the prison and how it was set up and great work again on the descriptions! :D
Omnitrix 12 chapter 6 . 2/11/2018
Well, that makes for quite the finish. This feels a lot like the Mystic Springs part of the movie, where I hope for Judy's sake you'll diverge, but regardless it's clear he means to hustle her somehow. Obviously he considers the club friendly territory, which is pretty bold for someonein his position.

Milton was a fun OC. I like how he brings out a new side of Nick, suggesting that the fox has actually adapted on an inner level to his new life in Podunk. Very nice.

Was your use of a green door a nod to O Henry, by any chance?
Omnitrix 12 chapter 5 . 2/10/2018
Once again, you do a good job of meshing the plot of the movie with the setting of your choice; enough so that I think I can guess a few key details down the line. That does admittedly cost it some of the fun that was present in A Study in Gold, but other twists - like Bellwether's ultimatum and Judy's position as a non-cop - do help with that.

I think Judy could have fulfilled her threat, actually. If she had leaked Nick's whereabouts, it would likely follow that either he would be murdered or the government would have to relocate him. The latter might not land him in a mine, but he might end up somewhere similarly unpleasant. Of course, in the end that arguably makes it an even better bluff.

Mind if I borrow your name for Mr. Big?
Thou Craggy Knob chapter 36 . 2/5/2018
Brilliant as usual!
Reader chapter 36 . 2/5/2018
I’m in love. In love with this f*ckin’ story!
BeecroftA chapter 36 . 2/5/2018
My detective sense is tingling... Why do I feel that Mr. Big is actually faking his nonresponsiveness, and is in fact co-conspiring with Bellwether from the inside? It would be the ultimate alibi, and makes more sense than her visiting just to gloat.
Omnitrix 12 chapter 4 . 2/3/2018
Well, this is a turn. Methinks Judy is going to regret being so forthcoming about her job, especially in the presence of the owner of the place. The plot thickens...
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 35 . 2/3/2018
Events are really moving forward with this case now. The evidence is with Bogo, he's organized a raid, Judy has been promised a spot in the academy, and hopefully nobody suspects a thing. I'm only left wondering if they'll be a hitch in the plans or if it will all go smoothly. It should amazing whatever happens as this story has been incredible so far.
Guest chapter 35 . 1/30/2018
I am loving this series. Also I really enjoy the facts at the end of the chapters it gets me more involved and interested with the time period that the story is set in. Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 35 . 1/29/2018
One of my favorite fics... I just remembered that I’ve never written a comment on this story... I just want you to know that you’re doing an awesome job at this! Their chemistry, the story, characters... everything - on spot! I also like the expressions from 20’s... I often share the ones that I learn from here to my class and even our English teacher (I’m not from an English speaking area) hears most of them for the first time... KEEP IT UP, it’s awesome!
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »