Reviews for And All That Jazz
Guest chapter 4 . 7/3/2017
We'll, that bunny was a wimp. It's no wonder everyone thought bunnies couldn't handle war and death. I'm impressed with how much research you're doing for this story. I'm very interested to see what kind of person Nick is. If this is set in 1927, and he's still 32, like he was in the movie, would he have served in The Great War? Or would foxes, on account of their small size, be exempt from the draft? Of course, their are plenty of non-combat jobs in the military that he could have been assigned to.
This is an excellent story. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter!
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 3 . 7/1/2017
Oh nice! The plot is building and you've set up a remarkable world here. Great job with the world building!
Alons-y inc chapter 1 . 6/30/2017
After re-reading what I just wrote, my wisdom-tooth-drug-addled brain turned back on and reminded me that 1966 was when the 2-dollar bill was discontinued for 10 years before being printed again in its modern form. I don't know where the thought that two dollar bills hadn't existed before then came from, but I blame it on pain drugs. Everything is it after that is still true though.
Alons-y inc chapter 3 . 6/30/2017
Now, I know you're a stickler for all of the tiny details, so I'm doing this out of love, but a two-dollar bill in the 1920s? When the American two-dollar bill wasn't introduced until 1966 in celebration of Americas 200th birthday (yes, I know America was only 190 years old; I don't get it either)? Unless you're talking about something else, I think you balled-up. I'm only pointing it out because you're always such a stickler for minute details, and I have a feeling you're going to be kicking yourself more than I'm kicking you. Unless you're referring to something I don't know about. In that case, enlighten me. Otherwise I'm loving it! I'm getting to go back and re-live my favorite teacher's class. I'm kind of sad that we landed right in between the two Red Scares. I'd have liked to see what you'd have done with it. Anyway, keep up the stellar work, and I'm sorry about the wall of text.
TortillaOverlord chapter 3 . 6/27/2017
I'm liking it so far and I can't wait for Nick to make his debut. Also Jim reminds me of Lennie from Of Mice and Men.
narusakufan1985 chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
This sounds really good. Please continue. Nick and Judy forever.
syhsnakey chapter 3 . 6/26/2017
Hehe, i am so excited to see where this goes. So curious if Bellwether is up to some shenanigans and im looking forwards to seein' Nick :D

Great job thus far :)
WANMWAD chapter 2 . 6/20/2017
I do appreciate the heads up, PoisonheartDream, as I have always tried to make sure that I comply with the site rules. However, the song lyrics that I use, from "There'll Be Some Changes Made," are part of the public domain. The song was published in 1921 and per US copyright law, all material published before 1923 is in the public domain. Therefore I am not, to the best of my knowledge, in violation of any of the rules of .
PoisonheartDream chapter 2 . 6/19/2017
Your story has been reported for containing copyrighted song lyrics. If you do not edit your story to remove the copyrighted material, your story will be deleted.
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 2 . 6/18/2017
Wow...the gut punch was palpable with that letter Judy received. Poor bun, hopefully she'll be able to do good work in the Bureau of Prohibition! This is a fantastic start to this story, so keep up the fine work as all this research is really paying off for this story!
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 1 . 6/15/2017
I'm always pleasantly surprised by just how knowledgeable you are on so many subjects. It makes reading these stories so amazing and quite enjoyable. Well done on crafting the feeling of the 1920's in this piece. Well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2017
As always, you never cease to impress. The only note that I want to add is that you called Bill's a double bass, which isn't wrong, but I've always referred to it as the slightly more refined contrabass. That's just personal preference though. Honestly, I was trying really hard to find something history-based to critique you on, and that was the best I could think of.
Please Stand Byy chapter 1 . 6/12/2017
Any chance that this story will include WildeHopps?
ShirQuickpaw chapter 1 . 6/12/2017
Great story idea. Since I really enjoyed your take on the Sherlock Holmes setting, I am looking forward to what you will do to the monster timeline.
TortillaOverlord chapter 1 . 6/11/2017
Seems interesting and I always enjoy your notes at the end.
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18