Reviews for The Tragedy of Kindness
nice
Broken Ascendent chapter 3 . 6/2/2018
cute
Cryocene chapter 3 . 9/30/2017
What. You can't stop there.

This fic is nothing like a tragedy. This is pure kindness and the gentle things that come with it. I mean, I am pretty sure the tragedy will hit later, but as of these three chapters?

Kindness is such a power.

Keep up the great work.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2017
The boy's a saint.
Akane Minori chapter 3 . 8/30/2017
I'm loving this.
E-kingmoney18 chapter 1 . 8/19/2017
Gg
Proponent of EVO chapter 3 . 8/19/2017
This is really great too! Thank you for writing!
Anon chapter 3 . 8/13/2017
I found the situation in this chapter to be believable. It's a shame that Haru wasn't introduced this way in-game; at least then there would have been some kind of bond before she became a Phantom Thief.
R-king 93 chapter 3 . 8/12/2017
Interesting chapter
rebfan90 chapter 3 . 8/12/2017
great story so far!
Shinnypichu88 chapter 2 . 8/4/2017
Executions killing shadows? Pretty sure it's just a grotesque fusion technique... The twins and Arsane told us as much...
PrinPage chapter 2 . 6/27/2017
Just an idea, but what if Akira spoke to Madramae before he confessed his crimes and did the same thing he did with Kamoshida, being kind to him. Also, Yusuke could get mad at him.
Mallory S. Nocturne chapter 2 . 6/23/2017
This has been a quite interesting tale... like the tale of the delinquent (Your ver. of Yu Narukami), I will follow the tale of the dork...
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 2 . 6/23/2017
the interesting thing about it for this game is that these are FORMED, manifested thoughts. In P3 and P4 they were just...chunks of humanity's mental runoff. No actual form, forced to take a vague shape when confronted. It was the "mastered" or "tamed" shadows that took the form of Gods, Demons and other Mythological Legends.

In P5, the Shadows immediately take the form of their Myths. The shadows are already half-tamed. The shadows are more "human" than before, when they were just goop-piles of excess thought and emotion, slapped together into a shape and held by the Mask.

In the last two, only the STRONGEST of Shadows could speak, let alone comprehend human words in return. Otherwise, they were little more than beasts, mindless creatures of instinct and hunger. In P5, they speak, even the Animal ones. They understand. they taunt and rage and fear the way humans do.

Dork!Akira seeing them as "people" is actually something that would make sense. a true, "Neutral Good" character would see things differently then one conditioned to believe everything is either an enemy or a test to be overcome.

As well, unlike the last two games, these Shadows having actual forms, gives them more meaningful risk of possibly being the overloaded form of a PERSON's shadow. Him not wanting to kill them, personally, could also be explained as him worrying about accidentally causing a Mental Shutdown. He's a Dork, but nobody said he wasnt smart, or perceptive, right?
VI Intelligence chapter 2 . 6/17/2017
This is an incredible chapter. The protagonists I was exposed to are mostly having to live up to the expectations of badass, but putting this view of Akira is something else, and in a good way. The reasoning is sound, and funnily enough Akira's views somewhat resemble mine from seven years ago. I am interested to see what happens next.