Reviews for White Rose
GJMEGA chapter 3 . 1/22/2009
And tell me again WHY Kodachi would feel ANY sympathy for someone who would: "hunt down coward, make her beg for life, then take as slave for one year. After that, use Xi Fang Gao so coward never tell truth about Kiss of Death, and set her free.” Oh yeah, I feel REAL sympathetic towards someone when I find out they are not trying to KILL someone, they just want to hunt them down, beat them to within an inch of their life, make them BEG for said life, ENSLAVE them for a year then fucking MIND-RAPE them so they forget it all happened. I shed a tear for you my poor misunderstood Amazon, I really do (Note the sarcasm).
Enigma-Nemesis chapter 2 . 11/16/2008
A rarely done pairing with Ranma, but your story so far does an awesome job for it. Interesting how Ranma's life will develop now that he is "exiled" from the Tendo home, and will be staying at the Kuno family's home.
rewind gone nuts chapter 18 . 10/22/2008
Well, I've finished this story at last, and I'm truly pleased that I did finally get around to doing so. There's no real details to comment on that stick out to me (though a part of me now wonders if a D&D-style Remove Curse spell really *would* remove a Jusenkyo curse), so I'll just settle for a final congratulations.

On a final note, it might be easier to find this story if you were to alter it so it was under the character browser "Kodachi". Or even "Kodachi" and "Ranma". As is, one must slog through the vast plethora of Ranma/Akanes to find it, unless one knows precisely who wrote it and how to find it.
rewind gone nuts chapter 14 . 10/22/2008
I was wondering how you would 'settle' the menage e trois between Ryoga, Ukyo and the Twins, and this chapter did not disappoint. While not an especial fan of the Ryoga/Ukyo coupling (which doesn't really make any sense in canon, given that they are not friends and seem to actively dislike each other by movie 2), you make it both believable and enjoyable.

It's good to see an author who actually uses the canonical fact that Nanniichuan is a cure for Jusenkyo-cursed male, rather than that claptrap about it being incurable/"Ranma's destiny to remain cursed". While Ranma needed to recurse himself stung my sensibilities a little, it is perfectly believable -Ranma can be an asshole, but he's also quite capable of considerable altruism and generosity- and thusly it doesn't detract from the story at all.
rewind gone nuts chapter 8 . 10/21/2008
Has anyone ever told you that you have a knack for coming up with explanations for events so plausible that it's scary? Though I do feel I should point out that in their fight with Akane in their second appearance, it was actually them diving straight into their "Great Dance of the Super Phoenix" move that got them beaten: if they'd stuck with hand-to-hand, they likely would have won (true, they did mistime their leaps and smack into the pillars, but clumsiness is part of adolescence). Instead, they took to the sky and got blown out of it when Akane managed to fluke and knock an egg-bomb back at them. And if Ranma hadn't saved Akane from the falling plywood, they would have gotten her as well.

Ironically, you hit a fairly good blow with that gag about Lina (specifically, the comment about her claiming to a sorceress, but being powerless and blaming it on the universe's laws): all wizards in the Slayers "Crystal Sphere" (the dimension created/inhabited by the Lord of Nightmares and the 4 worlds & their planes it created) use spells by drawing on the power of other entities. White and Holy Mages draw on the power of the Dragon-Gods, Black Mages on Mazoku Lords, and Shamans on the Astral Plane and the Elemental Spirits. That means that, outside of their home Sphere, they'd be completely powerless- they wouldn't be able to tap into the energy of their 'patrons' anymore.

Anyway, in case it isn't obvious, I'm enjoying this story very much- I still wonder why I never managed to read it before.
rewind gone nuts chapter 4 . 10/21/2008
I don't know where you found the idea of the Golden Pair using the ki radiated by the ice underfoot to empower themselves, but I have to say it makes a startling amount of sense. It explains why they're so good when they're on the ice, and also why it was Mikado was able to kiss Ranma, who in all other circumstances would have likely split Mikado's skull.

On a random note, have you ever seen how Ranma adresses Mikado as something along the lines of "sex-crazed pervert" (can't recall off the top of my head) in the subbed anime (he calls him "Mikado the Molester" in the dubbing)? Well, the thing is, that's actually one of the meanings of Mikado Sanzenine.
rewind gone nuts chapter 3 . 10/21/2008
Actually, Mousse got his Duck curse because he was an idiot and didn't watch where he was going, instead turning back towards the Guide without stopping moving, but it's still a very good explanation for why the hell Shampoo believed Ranma's claim to 'really' be the girl. Not to mention how the hell Ranma & Genma got chased away with Shampoo in pursuit of honoring the Kiss of Death without someone realising "hey, that's the Jusenkyo guide- maybe this girl and panda aren't in their real forms".

While forcing a man who has proven to be a match for his 'bride' to come the village is unsound by definition, I still (again) agree with your belief that Cologne is not such the stickler for Amazon law that fanon makes her out to be. It fits in with her behavior in the series, and is frankly one of the more annoying bits of Joketsuzoku fanon. The worst, naturally, being the whole "men are second-class citizens/Ranma would be nothing but a breeding stud" bullshit.
rewind gone nuts chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
To be honest, I've started to read this fic in the past before, but for some reason I was never able to get past this first chapter. I finally managed to do so, and I'm glad I did. This is an intriguing story and I just love its twists and turns. Its also gratifying to find another writer who prefers the anime, and its far more sympathetic portrayal of the other girls, than sticking to the frankly rather insipid manga.
mythicalprogrammer chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
I remember this fic a while back. About three years or so ,. Anyway just wanted to say thank you for sharing this fanfiction. It's amazing, touching, and wonderful. I've never thought of Kodachi as anything but a background character in Ranma 1/2 but YOU going in dept and in the mind of her. Thank you.
Dumbledork chapter 18 . 8/19/2007
This story was absolutely brilliant. Stil... I'd like to have more.
phoenix.ru chapter 2 . 4/27/2007
Well, have'n read many good Ranma x Kodachi fics. And as I kinda like non traditional pairings (and many consider this to be one a most unconventional one _)

So far it's ok.. kinda. I still think the first chapter was a bit... oversimplified... but then why not...
Bloodreaver Alpha chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Very nice.

Highly unusual, yes. Extremely unorthodox, clearly. Enjoyable?

Goddamn straight.

I've rarely enjoyed any sort of Ranma/Kodachi pairing (only one, in fact, other than yours), and in that case, I did not and do not consider the author particularly talented.

You, on the other hand, are cut from an entirely different cloth. Bravo!
Nightcrawler2000 chapter 17 . 4/26/2006
yosh
Iceman chapter 8 . 3/23/2006
Lemme see if I got this straight, Lina Inverse, from Slayers, as a Chinese Amazon? What have you been smoking?
Iceman chapter 6 . 3/23/2006
As stupid as Genma is, he's not quite that stupid.
112 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »