Reviews for White Rose
taxzombie chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
I have already had the extreme pleasure of reading this story on "The Altered Destinies' website.

That said I plan on reading it again, but in the mean time I am posting an email that I sent to you, as I still it best expresses how I feel about this story.

Concerning White Rose - Prior to reading your story I had never considered Kodachi in, to keep it mild, the best of lights. I had always considered her a throwaway character, preferably as far away as possible, including rocket assist.

In the Prologue she was in character for how I 'knew' her, in spades. Frightenly so. When I realized where you were taking the story, having

Kodachi go back in time and relive her life I was distrubed. The thought of that mad woman getting her clutches on Ranma did not appeal to me at all.

That said, I decided that I would be doing myself as a reader and you as an author a diservice if I did not at least read the first chapter to see just what you were up to.

Seven hours later I had finished chapter 6 and it was 2:30am. The only reason that I stopped reading then was if I did not get any sleep I was sure to do a face plant on my office desk later in the day.

I found it a compelling read, your protrayal of the characters and the events in thier lives had latched on to my attention and would not let go.

Richly detailed, well written. A true pleasure to read, something that cannot be said for the majority of the material out there.

You brought them to life on my computer screen. You've changed forever my concept of Kodachi. From now on whenever I read a story where she is

protrayed, as she normally is, as the psycho queen I will also remember her has the White Rose and I won't think of her has harshly as I would have in the past. You've added a great deal of depth to what was once, for me, a two diminsional charcter.

In my opinion you showed many of the characters in a more pleasing light. You gave them more body, more soul, you made it so that I as the reader truly cared what what happening. All signs of a truly well told tale.

Well done, very well done. I thank you for sharing White Rose with the rest of us.

And I still thank you for it and I hope that others receive as much pleasure as I did when I first read it.

Good luck to you.
Zorknot chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
I like this fic.

It is perhaps a little monologue driven, as in there's a lot of parts where a character says "and because of this terrible incident in my child hood I never did such and such ever again." which gets a little old at points. And I would think the relationship would take a little longer than to develop than it did, but other than that the fics an interesting and entertaining read.

I don't generally like Kodachi from cannon as I consider her one of the more evil characters, but you manage to use that in the prologue to great effect. I actually almost miss seeing what a supercharged Kodachi would do if released into the wild. And the changes to the history in the new universe are enough to make her a believable heroine.

Kudos to you and thanks for sharing,

-W.B.R.
ranger chapter 2 . 2/28/2003
I LIKE this story. I thought the portrayal of Kodachi in the first chapter was well thought out and plausible. I do think (from my limited Ranma knowledge) that she would do anything to get Ranma. even changing herself . if she could.

Chapter 2 was excellent as well.

I do like R/A fics . but also see problems with how quick Akane makes judgments etc.
Bio-Nic chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
ooh, you acutally gonna put all th chapters up, thne add more? *happy happy happy happy happy nodding*
shadowknight0001 chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
good start, i remember reading this story a few year ago but you seem to have rewrite it a bit. The link with ad&d is also a good idea and it make the cure more possible. Will you expand a bit on the new earth citicen?

Hope to read more of your work

Shadowknight01