Reviews for Moonflower
Invincible Shadow chapter 27 . 12/29/2020
I LOVE THIS! Inoko is super fun and I love that she doesn't remember EVERYTHING about the plot, and she's also nicely human and her relationships are really fun. I can't wait to see what you do with the invasion arc and I'm curious as to how her training with Gai is gonna go! It'd be interesting if more people picked up on her chakra sensitivity because that could be a really fun scene, just like Sneaky Anbu Impersonate Surprised Pikachu Meme.
Take care and good luck with everything! Happy New Year!
KakashiSempei00 chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
wtf. why a chopstick.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2020
They don't put chopsticks in their hair. It's called hair sticks.
dragon snowflake chapter 27 . 12/3/2020
Please update
Guest chapter 27 . 12/2/2020
Hi, same reviewer. I realize my review was largely negative, sorry. I liked Inoko's approach to things, her skill set, and how she handles team conflict - fairly. I know you went for a sort of hurt comfort ish for Kakashi and Inoko, which I found somewhat sweet.
Guest chapter 27 . 12/2/2020
The premise is great, but she's sort of a Mary Sue? Like, she's able to get along with everyone, but is cool, calm and collected in the face of danger, and is at the center of the canon plot despite not doing much.
Why didn't she fight Ino?! Why does she only partially remember stuff? Why the heck did Kabuto almost rape her? I doubt Orochimaru would request that, 0.o
The story starts off all slice of life-y and cute, with just a splish splash of comedy. I can deal with that. But then, it grows progressively bleaker and darker, and the main character just seems tortured and confused most of the time. The dialogue is iffy, mostly Inoko's parts anyway. Every line she says is funny, yet totally unrealistic in an actual human conversation. This seems like Wattpad dialogue rather than actual believable conversation. Finally, Inoko as a character is too much like Shikamaru. She even stole his catchphrase at some point. Am I to understand his crush on her as him indulging in a narcissistic streak? They are way too similar. Sure, she is very sarcastic and has a tendency to poke interesting people in the side, something he doesn't do. But off the top of my head, that's all the difference I seem to remember. What happened to Sakura? Why is Naruto so anxious of Inoko, despite her being the first person to regard him with warmth and mild friendship? Again, WHY DID KABUTO ALMOST DO THAT? The tone is being thrown to space and back... I think the part of the story that I dislike the most is how little actual ninja training she gets done. We're told she's smart, resourceful, and clever. Yet it never gets reflected in her ninja abilities. We're told she's an enigma, a person with the potential to become powerful. I don't see much of that in her. Lastly, we see her crying and berating herself for agitating her captor. She vows to stop being so reckless, and to be more on top of things. Yet she completely forgets Orochimaru and the Chunin Arc - she doesn't actually forget it, she remembers it multiple times before a cliffhanger, but on the actual day, she has no plan, no fighting, no nothing. How is she any better than Sakura? If anything, all she did differently in that battle was letting Sasuke use her body as a meat shield. Why would Orochimaru leave after the unknown unimportant third member foils his plan?! I'd imagine he'd be pissed off and wanting to kill her. Like Sasuke could hold him off?

It feels like MC is just hiding behind a thin veneer of self assured sarcasm and a holier than thou attitude. She's never able to speak up, to let others know what's wrong. And when she does, she's incredibly embarrassing about it, doing extremely extracurricular activities. That midnight flower scene was straight out of a scary movie ngl, the tone is reaching Mars at this point -_-
TheVulcanNara chapter 27 . 11/24/2020
Fighting Inoko!
Guest chapter 14 . 11/19/2020
After the trauma of having been drugged, abused, tortured, and left behind, she's immediately back to her old self and laughing and joking around. What a great story! I can't wait to finish this bipolar fever dream. Love the learning curve.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/19/2020
Trigger warning for human trafficking, physical abuse.

If anyone wants to read a story that's all about Kakashi struggling to justify why he can't go after his 12 year old female Genin that's been kidnapped by a civilian Gato, this is your jam.
He goes all out and even tells the others that the mission is their primar priority. In true Naruto fashion Naruto gives up immediately.

I have never read such a poor characterization and am just waiting for the rape scene at this point because that's the only way the dear author could have made it even worse and I'm sure they went for it.

- salty reader who would have appreciated a fucking trigger warning
gueststst chapter 6 . 11/9/2020
if Inoko knows the future, why didn't she know the true meaning of the bell test? or is her knowledge more vague/selective? I noticed this in the previous chapters too
Angelic Reaper13 chapter 27 . 10/31/2020
I'm glad you are doing better. Loved the chapter
LadyYe chapter 27 . 10/23/2020
First of all, welcome back!
It's so nice to have you back and I know, tough times, and the pandemic's been a bitch but don't give up. Ik it's easy to say but damn hard to do. Slow steps doesn't been failure. I have hope that these testing times will pass.

I can't wait for Ino. Ik that Moonflower is the mc here but I really miss the dynamics Ino brings to the story. Plus I'm lowkey shipping Naruino and Shika with MoonfloweXD

Lol can't wait for Orochimaru to join the madness.

P.S. Kakashi is a darling
Locds chapter 27 . 10/23/2020
Glad you’re feeling better! Thanks for the chapter. Is that last part a reference to Kaguya in some way or am I reading too much into it?
chloemika chapter 27 . 10/24/2020
oooo so so so so amazing! I love how much she loves all her pple. I really wish she would confide in someone about kabuto thou that slimy fuck! I hope she tells her team soon!
Guest chapter 27 . 10/22/2020
Ahhh author don’t say that, u made a big mistake but the fact that ur able to acknowledge and regret said mistake goes to show that you’re considerate and have a good heart, and that’s more then some ppl can even attempt to do. Acknowledging ur mistakes and repenting speaks volumes about what kind of person u are, don’t think too badly of yourself and while it might not seem like much and it won’t change the fact that u feel defeated rn, just remember that ppl make mistakes. We are flawed and most of our lives we go thru f*ckin up and then learning from our past experiences. To overcome that, one has to own up to what they did and change for the better of themselves and the ppl around them, dont forget that u are not perfect but u don’t have to be, tho life is a gloomy rn and the world seems to be falling apart, as long as u strive to be better then ur past self then I’m certain you’ll be able to overcome the sadness u feel rn author! Keep ur chin up! I hope u feel better and I hope ur genuine feelings and apology reaches the ppl u wanted to convey them to. (: