Reviews for My Father, My King
Nurvingiel chapter 4 . 1/16/2004
You write extremely well Thalia! This story is very sad. The scene where Elfwine kneels next to Eomer when he died, holding his hand, brought tears to my eyes.
It's not very often that a story will make me want to cry.
This is a beautiful story.
The only other story I have read of yours is Entling, also excellent. I want to read more now, I enjoy your work.
Cheers, Nurv
Miz Laurel your adoring fan chapter 4 . 8/7/2003
A review whore you may be, my dear, but one whose desire for attention I am always glad to heed. ;) This, as always, rocks and was wonderful and the characters are very 3D and real and they come alive for me. Very poigniant and deep and touching. You say much in a few words. Your stories, simply, rock!
shirebound chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
Oh, how poignant! A lovely vignette, from a perspective I never thought about.
Werecat99 chapter 3 . 3/25/2003
I certainly did not expect this, but it was still well written. And I wonder if there's going to be more.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
That was beautiful. The story through the eyes of a child, colored by innosence and real love. A hard task to achieve, but you've done a good work so far.

The last part with sleeping Eomer is absolutely brilliant.

OK, off to the next chapter.
GreyLadyBast chapter 3 . 3/22/2003
Wow, Thals. Just...wow!
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 3 . 3/22/2003
It is great to see Theoden's POV now... Very sad, but quite convincing - and despite all his bitterness, he has his redeeming qualities... "For once in my life, I will protect my brother" - very good!
auror198 chapter 3 . 3/22/2003
so incredibly sad... sniff sniff
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 2 . 3/20/2003
*sniff* This is sad - and yet a good and well-written fic! I like the way you depict the relationship between the brothers - Elwine is so caring and a good brother... He'll make a good king, once... But it is incredibly sad to see valiant Eomer in such a state... I hope there will be some event that will make him regain his former self!
Moose Attacks chapter 2 . 3/3/2003
Argh, I tried to review, and it didn't go through! Oh well, I'll just repeat what I was going to say.

I'm glad you decided to continue this! Great chapter, very sad. Poor Theoden. Poor kid. I just wanna give him a big hug, and lots of toys, and a trip to Disney World! :-D
GreyLadyBast chapter 2 . 3/3/2003
Thalia, babe, you sell yourself way too short. This is excellent, as is all your stuff. And you only continue to improve with practice. Stick with this and see where it goes.
Sunsong chapter 2 . 3/3/2003
It's not fair! Here you are, beautiful prose and poetry, and I'm still polishing my writing. Am starting to get very jealous.
Regina L chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
A lovely & thoughtful little story about a father & his sons, & the passage of time. We need more Eomer fics like this.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
A very poignant story of loss and aging. How sad for the little one, whose father seems to be absent as well as his mother. I admire Eomer as a character and always like to see stories about him.
Moose Attacks chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
*Great* little story here. You captured the characters' emotions so well! Poor √Čomer. Your choice of words is very good, you seem to have a talent for making a potentially normal sentence sound beautiful. Excellent job. :-D