Reviews for That Old Yeh Shen Story
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Oh. My. Word.
First of all, better than anything in the comics since. Just way superior. I wish you were still writing!

I've read a lot of firefly fanfic lately (2014) and aren't I lucky to come to it late - so much quality writing! Across so many sites!

This is the best fic I've read of literally hundreds. Flawless, print-quality edited, and the closest to perfection in characterisation I've read. You have their individual speech, which is so creative and inventively written in the original (and therefore ridiculously hard to emulate!)... It's amazing.
My favourite bits:
Mal silencing the room being tactless to Kaylee. So like Shindig, so painful!
Wash taking the piss while Mal battles the electrics
Mal: "Too many women"
'Wash handed his wife the rice and the two of them watched events unfold with some interest.'
Finding out that Kaylee and Simon have been having late night chats

Wash: "Is your woman comely?"
Jayne: "My women always come..."
Simon: "Oh, dear God."

Jayne's account of when he tried kissing Kaylee...
Joel the triceratops, pie denial, the whole of Inara and Mal's argument I the flight deck ("Effectively ending your sex life, such as it is.")
The shoes...
This story is basically now canon for me. Just awesome.
elwren75 chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Wonderful story. For some reason I've been missing Firefly lately. This is exactly what I needed to help me get over my funk. Thanks so much for sharing!
FranSmith chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
I just loved this story! You capture the crew quite well and the plot was entertaining. A really good mix of romance, humor and angst. Well done!
TheUltimateCokeBear chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
I don't know if you're still active or not, but I just went through and read most of your Firefly fics and favorited a bunch so I felt I'd be remiss to not leave at least one review, but I didn't want to flood you with a bunch of individual ones so uh yeah here's this one. They were all so, so well-written; I could totally see that happening on the show. I love the way you write, and how you write the characters, I think you capture them really well. And this specific story especially, it definitely felt like an episode that could've happened. I wish I could be more articulate but yeah, amazing job, I'm so happy to find such good stories with such a real feel to them. Stupendous job, thanks so much for writing. (:
ShinySherlock chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I loved every bit of this. So in character. So engaging. Great, great job.
Marie King chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Another lovely written story! You once again captured everyone with amazing accuracy!
schrodingerscat123 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
It's been a little while since I've been involved in a fandom of any kind, but I remember your writing from your Gargoyles days, and imagine my delight to see you've written Firefly fic. Imagine my even greater delight to see that, if anything, you've gotten even better with time. This was AMAZING (I loved it so much I don't know where to start) and I'm guessing I'll be squeeing over the others you have too! Thanks so much for writing this and giving me several hours of awesome entertainment (since I'm not sure I'll be able to force myself to go to bed until I've finished all of them). And should you happen to write more in either fandom, or if I get hooked on any of the other series you've written for, you'll def. be hearing more gushing and shameless praise ;)
The General G of K chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Wow, I loved this so much! At first I was a little nervous because it's listed as Mal/Kaylee, and while I guess I can *kind* of see why some people ship them, mostly this pairing just gives me the creeps. Yet, it was Mal/Kaylee, only in a fatherly/daughterly type relationship which was just lovely.

The characters were well written; Simon and Kaylee's interactions were adorable, and you managed to write Kaylee's dialect without overkilling it to the point where she's basically just talking in apostrophes. And Mal/Inara was just to DIE for. Perfectly in character whether they were fighting or allowing some emotional/sexy banter. But seriously, originally I thought Kaylee/Simon was my favorite pairing, and don't get me wrong, I really do like them, but I realized that Mal/Inara is where it's at for me, and I am just loving that an author finally nailed them so I could feed my addiction for more Firefly.

In any case, I absolutely loved this!

The General
Daisymay79 chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
I know that you wrote this ages ago, but thanks for a great read :)
inkvoices chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Here via the recent Firefly rec list squash-67 put together on liejournal.

This is brilliant! The characterisation for everyone is spot on, with some really funny moments, and the whole thing reads just like an actual episode of the show. I've seen other people do 'yet another girl in a box' plots before, but this one really worked, because it wasn't the main focus of the story and because even Mal humourously just comes right out and says it. The romantic moments are lovely, Jayne stealing Simon's shoes is perfect, Wash and his dinos are great, River having a sleep over with the girl in the box... As Simon said: wow.

Really, really good story :o)
Ayjah chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
What a lovely one shot... lots of great moments for giggles too :) thank you :)
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Very well written and beautifully characterised - especially Wash. He was very "Wash" lol! Great story and a great introduction to Firefly fanfic for me. (I fully expect to be disappointed in the future after being spoiled like this first time out!)
PEowyn chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
Truly... one of the most amazing fics I've read. You've got the characters PERFECT. Bravo!
breadfly chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
All i can say is, i wish this were a real episode. You the bomb and this story kicks enough ass for a stampede. Where you learn to write like that dude, i can totally hear them mouth those lines. And your planets, like i was living there myself. Your characters are -so- character. You see, like, i'm incoherent alreddy.
CaptainTish chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
This is a great story. Lovely characterizations. Good job!