Reviews for Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze: Pokémon Champion
SugamDewan chapter 5 . 12/27/2021
Quite good narration. I haven't watched pokemon but likeld your story.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/19/2021
I love your story so much Can’t wait til next chapter
Naruto0858589547 chapter 5 . 2/6/2021
Pls update
RandomCoolGuy chapter 2 . 11/6/2020
Politoad?What happened to those?
Insane Dominator chapter 5 . 3/25/2020
It’s been a while since this story had been updated, but at least we get to see some measure of progress from the main character, as well as the story overall. We get the processions of meeting Kakashi with his Herdier, otherwise dubbed our favorite dog of the series, Pakkun. But overall, the chapter had some nice details to help remind us as readers, to keep on our toes with how we view this fanfic.
As it’s been established, this isn’t some sent to another world fanfic, this is an AU, meaning the concept of jutsu and ninjas aren’t relative here. So completely discarding that concept, we can focus on the Naruto references in the Pokemon aspect. Kurama as a Vulpix, and Gamakichi as Froakie, both very humbling and appropriate at that. So no new Pokemon are revealed this time, but we do get the unique twist of meeting Kakashi.

The chapter opens up with the Pewter City, and from what we’ve seen later on, it was thoroughly updated to be more modernized. To be rather frank, I kinda prefer the way things were back in the video games, when the cities were all small at first, like how Pewter City was. Now it seems a lot more crowded. No offense by any means, but you could try to space it out just a little. But I do like how you went and checked out the Fossil Museum and made up great backstories regarding the shuttles and human space programs that were contributed to the museum, along with the fossils. Personally, Aerodactyl will always be one tough cookie to crack. The details you’ve incorporated into the Museum was very sublime and summarized to a great degree. You’ve described the upstairs and downstairs points very well, so good job on all that.

We start off with the AU Kakashi interacting with his Pokemon, Herdier, otherwise known as Pakkun. He’s reading his classic make-out tactics book that he’s been into since 18. What a feat to have when you’re Kakashi lol Kakashi with his love for Jiraiya’s book series is a great show of astonishment no less as he even reads it in public, much to the ire of the ladies.

Finally, after some contemplation about his newly caught Pidgey, Naruto and Kurama make it into Pewter City and see to it that they decide to take a step back and admire it for a short while. The details in which transition Naruto from the Viridian Forest to the Pewter City Museum felt a little short, but it’s nothing too drastic. But this is where we get in touch with Naruto meeting Kakashi at the Museum as he thinks of his family back in the past.
Meeting Kakashi at the museum, he revealed – or rather lied – about wanting to take a break from his farm life and heading out with Naruto. This may all be a coincidence, but Naruto was oblivious at the moment, so he can’t do anything but allow for Kakashi to tag along.

The scene at the Pokemon Center was dealt with fairly well. Kakashi’s reasoning with Naruto upon the video phone was crystal clear. It would be rude if the Pokemon were picked up by someone else than their original trainer. It would just be plain irresponsible. So, while Naruto goes to get his Pokemon healed and thoroughly recovered, we move towards more serious matters. Kakashi phones the Namikaze/Uzumaki households and gets ahold of the Champion himself, Minato Namikaze, Naruto’s father. The Champion and Kakashi have a good relationship, and while revealing Kushina is busy tending to another call, they have a very serious conversation about the Old Amber being stolen from the museum last night, by none other than those affiliated with Team Rocket. Right now, we’re not expected to confront them just yet. However, I have a good feeling that later on, down the road, they’ll have a confrontation. With Naruto being the son of the Champion, there’s a very high probability he’ll have a target painted on his back.

Once Naruto gets his Pokemon healed up by Nurse Joy, he and his father catch up. He looks really excited to try and take him on once he qualifies for all 8 badges. It’s going to be a very long road ahead of him beforehand.

Ultimately, we forward ourselves to meeting Brock at the Pewter City Gym. With him getting his first Gym Badge, the requirements are to be 2 Pokemon at the beginning. Here, we get to this show of Brock using the usual Geodude and Onix, both Pokemon we’ve known since the dawn of time. Naruto, on the other hand, uses Froakie and Vulpix, aka Kichi and Kurama. I’m terrible with nicknames, but I’ll do my best to keep track as long as they’re familiar with the series.
Anyways, the battle as a whole was a fairly oriented one, filled with back to back attacks and strategical maneuvers. With how much effort Naruto’s Kichi had to do with the Bubble attacks he had to unleash, I feel just one spray would’ve been enough to hammer at Geodude. They generally have poor Special Defense, as did Onix. I understand that this goes by anime point of view, so even Kurama’s Flamethrower is making him overleveled, but if I’m being frank, I prefer a basis where we see a more game-like advancement. That way we a more accurate show of move progression along the way.

With Naruto having won his first gym badge from Brock, now we’ll be moving on towards Cerulean City. It’s here that we’ll get to some more mountainous areas, as well as see Pokemon that are hopefully in-game accurate via location, such as Ekans, Sandshrew, and Bellsprout and Oddish. I’m hoping that we’ll be seeing his new Pidgey get as much screen time as possible. With how low of a level it has, until it learns Gust, it won’t hold up too well against other opponents.

So, overall, your detailing of everything was descriptive in some areas, and the flow of the chapter was sublime. Granted there wasn’t a complete consistency with the details, because the battle portion of the chapter lagged some in commands. Paragraphs were alright and we got to see Naruto teaming up with Kakashi for the experience. I hope we see Kakashi in action when the time comes. But right now, I’m looking forward to how you assess Naruto’s Pokemon and development. And since this is also NarutoxCynthia, we’ll hopefully see her at some point and get intimacy rolling into the mix.

Hope to see another chapter when possible! Keep up the good work!

~Insane Dominator
Guest chapter 5 . 3/21/2020
It would be interesting if kakashi has a yamper or a boltUnd
Jupiter50 chapter 5 . 3/20/2020
good job
SoraROCK chapter 5 . 3/15/2020
Good job Naruto and Vuplix! Wow thats so long i have seen updated.. Keep it going
Gamelover41592 chapter 5 . 3/15/2020
this is full of potential let's see where this goes
Silver566 chapter 1 . 2/3/2019
Despite jutsu not existing in this you could even corporate some of them into original pokemom moves.
Obviously you cant do Dojutsu techniques for the reasons you have stated.
WhenWindWhirls chapter 1 . 4/6/2018
Tone Down the Japanese Suffix and it'll be less cringeworthy...
SoraROCK chapter 4 . 3/30/2018
hmm which pokemon will Naruto catch?
Cloud 9 Fish chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
oak jiji sounds so bad. I was cringing just reading that. but other than that i have no problems with the story
bladetri chapter 4 . 3/27/2018
like XD
Tsukoblue chapter 4 . 3/27/2018
Naruto's vulpix is the normal fire one?