Reviews for A Storm of Swords: Knees Falling
Miranda Flamel chapter 12 . 11/20/2021
Just binge read all of Knees Falling and I gotta say, I can't believe you managed to make canon Joffrey sympathetic (imo). Fanfics normally demonize him to be worse than his canon self but I think you do a very good job of reflecting that at the end of the day, Joffrey's a 13 year old boy who's entirely dependent on his mother.

For this fic, I'm definitely pro Lannister, because as much as I love Sansa, I only really like her show character post KL traumatization and I'm only a such a huge Stark fan because of her and Jon; the other Starks I can take or leave.

As for Renly, eugh. I love your characterization of him in this fic, although I do think you make him smarter than he is.
iacopo.passerini chapter 1 . 10/13/2021
Ottimo ottimo vediamo che succede in questa seconda parte!
Di certo vedremo guai!
Fanfiction Lurker 1 chapter 12 . 7/25/2021
It's a shame that this fic appears to be abandoned because both this and its predecessor are some of the best (if not THE best) ASoIaF fanfics I've found on this site.

Fanfiction authors, sadly, have a tendency to do things that spit in the face of everything that canon does right. Contrived coincidences, characters acting out of character to further the plot, everything in universe bending out of shape to make the author's faves look good/get their way/get together, no matter how little sense it makes...

So many fanfics feel like they were written by D&D. Yours feel like they were written by GRRM. I really hope you'll come back to this story at some point, as faint a hope as it is.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/4/2021
Your writing is incredible and I enjoyed both a clash of kings and storm of sword. I can only hope you chose to restart the series again someday, because it is probably the best asoiaf story in this site
Kraken12 chapter 12 . 2/10/2021
Great story. Shame that Jaime died. I hope Tyrion somehow pulls through, defeats the Starks, and kills that traitor Renly(I hate him for killing Stannis)
picoriminish chapter 1 . 9/24/2020
Why make Renly so evil?
AJ Granger chapter 12 . 5/11/2019
I miss knowing what is happening north of the wall with Jon and with Samwell, but the varying points of you are interesting and I like the deviations that we get. Lots seem to be outflowing from Melisandre's death. You write really well and you've written a lot already. I hope that you are still working on this and that it grows from here.
Knight-Bishop chapter 12 . 12/13/2018
There are very few well written game of thrones stories on this site...I am glad I found this

Please keep writing
John Spangler chapter 12 . 11/29/2018
And here I am, after finally reading the whole series. I decided to leave a review here, since the other site has rules against necroing.

So...well, there's only one word that can describe this story, IMO: amazing. Let me tell you, you did a fantastic job with the butterfly effect of Melisandre's death and its consequences. It's all so realistic, that it just looks like one of the canon books. Another thing I liked is the way you treat the characters: equally, without playing favorites or anything. Coupled with the excellent writing, I think it's easy to say that not only this is a great story to read, but also an example of how to properly write a fanfiction. Really bravo, my good ser.

Can't wait for the next chapter, whenever it may come!
SpheresOfLonging chapter 12 . 9/3/2018
Good chap. Didn't think Jaime had any hope.

Hopefully pos Starks die though. All Hail Good King Renly!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/23/2018
Though I disagree with your assessment of Renly, I must say I greatly enjoy this story. He's arrogant and vain certainly, but I don't read him as callous or even anywhere near Tywin level. My personal read is that Renly is... How do you say it? He really is frivolous and carefree. He doesn't think of the consequences of his actions. He's cruel sometimes certainly, but it's not cold, calculated, and deliberate but more like a careless disregard of others, which comes with the entitlement of his upbringing and position. Renly doesn't see the dead bodies, the grieving families, the disruption and disorder his usurpation will bring the realm, he just sees the glory and fame, the chance to be immortalised in song, to be looked upon as a great king and to have a glorious reign with his love by his side. (If you want a clearer example think of a kid going ~LALALA and shutting his eyes and ears to the horrors of the world). Seeing as how he compares his power grab to Robert's Rebellion, he is obviously setting himself up as the hero who is saving the realm from the hated Lannisters and his elder brother. This is backed up by how Cressen and Catelyn view him, a naive boy playing at war, shouting "look at me! look at me! I'm a king!" ... Yup. Renly is a male version of Sansa, essentially. Until life taught him NO I AM NOT A SONG when he got stabbed in the back. Of course I also don't think he knew about the incest so.

Great story, superbly written, and a very non biased and realistic view which keeps in mind the butterfly affect and that the characters have limited knowledge unlike us readers (I have seen a few fics fail to remember this) So even though I disagree about Renly's characterization, well done. I've seen very few King Renly fics given his unpopularity and this is an outstanding one, it's almost in GRRM's style especially the military/political happenings.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/16/2018
This story is awesome. So wonderfully well thought out and written. Good form, good adjustment to story line without breaking character in my opinion
Baron Steakpuncher chapter 12 . 8/2/2018
Out of curiosity is Clegane still alive? *sandor that is
Siriusly Grim chapter 12 . 7/30/2018
Having just read through both Knees Falling books, I must say I enjoy your writing style immensely and hope to see more from this story soon.
Adhara Snow chapter 12 . 6/24/2018
I feel for Jaime so much - killing Aerys should have made him a hero but he was hated till his death.

I hope you know you're making me cry.