Reviews for A Storm of Swords: Knees Falling
picoriminish chapter 1 . 9/24
Why make Renly so evil?
AJ Granger chapter 12 . 5/11/2019
I miss knowing what is happening north of the wall with Jon and with Samwell, but the varying points of you are interesting and I like the deviations that we get. Lots seem to be outflowing from Melisandre's death. You write really well and you've written a lot already. I hope that you are still working on this and that it grows from here.
Knight-Bishop chapter 12 . 12/13/2018
There are very few well written game of thrones stories on this site...I am glad I found this

Please keep writing
John Spangler chapter 12 . 11/29/2018
And here I am, after finally reading the whole series. I decided to leave a review here, since the other site has rules against necroing.

So...well, there's only one word that can describe this story, IMO: amazing. Let me tell you, you did a fantastic job with the butterfly effect of Melisandre's death and its consequences. It's all so realistic, that it just looks like one of the canon books. Another thing I liked is the way you treat the characters: equally, without playing favorites or anything. Coupled with the excellent writing, I think it's easy to say that not only this is a great story to read, but also an example of how to properly write a fanfiction. Really bravo, my good ser.

Can't wait for the next chapter, whenever it may come!
SpheresOfLonging chapter 12 . 9/3/2018
Good chap. Didn't think Jaime had any hope.

Hopefully pos Starks die though. All Hail Good King Renly!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/23/2018
Though I disagree with your assessment of Renly, I must say I greatly enjoy this story. He's arrogant and vain certainly, but I don't read him as callous or even anywhere near Tywin level. My personal read is that Renly is... How do you say it? He really is frivolous and carefree. He doesn't think of the consequences of his actions. He's cruel sometimes certainly, but it's not cold, calculated, and deliberate but more like a careless disregard of others, which comes with the entitlement of his upbringing and position. Renly doesn't see the dead bodies, the grieving families, the disruption and disorder his usurpation will bring the realm, he just sees the glory and fame, the chance to be immortalised in song, to be looked upon as a great king and to have a glorious reign with his love by his side. (If you want a clearer example think of a kid going ~LALALA and shutting his eyes and ears to the horrors of the world). Seeing as how he compares his power grab to Robert's Rebellion, he is obviously setting himself up as the hero who is saving the realm from the hated Lannisters and his elder brother. This is backed up by how Cressen and Catelyn view him, a naive boy playing at war, shouting "look at me! look at me! I'm a king!" ... Yup. Renly is a male version of Sansa, essentially. Until life taught him NO I AM NOT A SONG when he got stabbed in the back. Of course I also don't think he knew about the incest so.

Great story, superbly written, and a very non biased and realistic view which keeps in mind the butterfly affect and that the characters have limited knowledge unlike us readers (I have seen a few fics fail to remember this) So even though I disagree about Renly's characterization, well done. I've seen very few King Renly fics given his unpopularity and this is an outstanding one, it's almost in GRRM's style especially the military/political happenings.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/16/2018
This story is awesome. So wonderfully well thought out and written. Good form, good adjustment to story line without breaking character in my opinion
Baron Steakpuncher chapter 12 . 8/2/2018
Out of curiosity is Clegane still alive? *sandor that is
Siriusly Grim chapter 12 . 7/30/2018
Having just read through both Knees Falling books, I must say I enjoy your writing style immensely and hope to see more from this story soon.
Adhara Snow chapter 12 . 6/24/2018
I feel for Jaime so much - killing Aerys should have made him a hero but he was hated till his death.

I hope you know you're making me cry.
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 3 . 5/18/2018
so sad so young of a girl not knowing whats going on... sheesh. but yeah! everyone hoping about battle commander bits and yeah. I get the excersise of what renlys coudl ahve been? but I resent the idea that sheer numbers ALWAYS win... course youve implied Renly comes close to disaster mroe then a few tiems... but I also hope Renlys faction doesnt ahve contractual immunity because thats what this sotry is trying to play out? fi that makes sense... I meant he amn is a MESS... so there si that.
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 12 . 5/13/2018
yep. yeah...
oh DEAR... Renly might get wildfired.

oh DEAR...
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 1 . 5/13/2018
oh DAMM. nice! disaster of a work! oho...
course now whiley Tyrion is lord... hmmm.
serpentguy chapter 12 . 4/2/2018
Shame about Jaime, but not really unexpected. I am surprised that Jaime admitted the wildfire plot even despite seventeen years of silence, but I suppose Jaime just wanted to get it off his chest. Jaime probably knew that he wasn't going to survive - and the irony is that Robb reacted the exact same way Jaime always feared Ned would have.

Killing him wasn't a clever move by Robb, but unfortunately Robb (like Ned before him) always had a blind spots concerning certain issues. Particularly the murder of children; Ned made the horrible decision to warn Cersei because he couldn't allow the death of children, and Robb alienates Karstark because he couldn't forgive a child murderers. Robb made a poor judgement again because the thought was so appalling to him.

... It really says a lot about asoiaf that being appalled by the murder of children is actually a point of contention.

Killing Jaime doesn't really buy Robb anything, and it guarantees a simmering conflict against the west. Then again, it does make it easier for Robb and Renly to come to terms, so it's not the worst move ever made (cough, cough, Jeyne)

I would have liked to have seen Jaime and Robb come to some terms - the machavellian move would have been to raise Jaime up as a puppet lord to steal supporters away from Tyrion, all the while keeping a noose around Jaime's throat should he step out of line. Still, personality wise that wasn't really going to happen without something happening.

Mind, what's interesting in the the war of the conquest, Torrhen Stark brought 30,000 men south with him to meet Aegon. Now, the population hasn't reduced in those three hundred years (as a matter of fact, all evidence suggests it has increased) so there's no reason why the north can't muster the difference. Robb only took half the number of men south with him - there's still more military capacity in the north.
Also to note, in the war of the conquest, the alliance between the Reach and the West mustered 55,000 men, and this was considered the greatest army Westeros had ever known. The north's army was over half as big as that, and that's without the homefield advantage. Three hundred years later, the Reach and Stormlands together musters a cool 100,000 - implying that the population and military strength has definitely been growing in the Targaryen regime. The semi-canon sources in the wiki seem pretty accurate; the Reach seemingly has around 70,000 men, and then the north and the Vale are around 50,000, stormlands, riverlands and west around maybe 40,000. Dorne is lower, and the ironborn are last.
It's not just pure numbers, of course; the iron islands are by far the weakest, but they do have the strongest martial culture and that goes a long way too. Dorne is also said to have the smallest army, but they have supreme natural defences and a very well adapted people. Each realm has its own advantages and disadvantages, and invasion is rarely a matter of math.
Still, it's hard to believe that 20,000 men is all the north can manage now.- I would expect to see forces mustering for Robb.

Of course, assuming that Robb can actually return home, which is looking more doubtful. It seems a lot that like Robb is rail-roaded towards the same Red Wedding or equivalent which is just... not unreasonable, but disappointing.
JordieFan chapter 12 . 3/30/2018
Nice. You nailed the characterization of Robb and Jaime here. Great chapter.