Reviews for A Hidden Talent
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 7/30/2017
Poor Draco. I like that Luna was there for him when he really needed someone since no-one else knew what was happening to him. Lucius is so evil for giving that quill to Draco in the first place and for being a terrible father. I like the way you've written the characters and shown the more vulnerable side of Draco. Good job.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 7/30/2017
Before I actually review, I need to ask why Luna and Draco were in class together. Luna is a year behind Draco so... That could do with clarifying.
Again, Luna here is beautifully written. You really do have a way with her character, and I'm jealous because I can't actually write her.
Draco is slightly OOC, but honestly, it didn't distract me as much as it could have, because the plotline was engaging.
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 7/27/2017
Oh my god this was so dark. I mean I love Draco/Luna, but this, just, wow. My heart seriously did break for Draco.
We don't often see or think of self-harm in the wizarding world, but this really is how I think it would be done. The sad thing is that I can see Lucius driving Draco to these self-destructive behaviors, and it's sad and actually gave me chills.
Luna, however, is a year behind Draco, so they wouldn't share classes. Of course you might have overlooked that, but I just thought I'd remind you.
Luna's words to Draco are beautiful. Maybe Draco should start drawing with a real quill on real paper.
Reviewed for the Caesar's Palace Reviewathon.
isaacswolfsbane chapter 1 . 7/24/2017
This was a really interesting way of looking at self-harming in the wizarding world. It's not something I've ever wanted to think about, but I can totally see where those quills would come into it.

The fact that it's his father that's made him think this way is heartbreaking. It's something I can totally see him doing, though, which I think is what makes it worse.

I think Draco is a little ooc for opening up so quickly, but your Luna is wonderful. I love how it's always Luna coming to the rescue because it fits so nicely with her character and you really get to show off her caring and more serious side which I don't see a lot of in fics.

Great job :)
MicaNgocLan chapter 1 . 7/24/2017
I think giving Draco something to own was great. It's one thing that is his and no one can take from him. Luna is the best character to console him. I agree that he would be more upfront here because she caught him in the moment. The quill was a good idea and way to justify his conflict with his family and pretentiousness.
Emiliya Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/20/2017
I like this concept. It's really unique and interesting. I can believe that Lucius Malfoy would do this to his son... it's scary. I love that Luna is always the one to come to the rescue in your fics. It's really sweet.
She's very wise, and so the perfect person to notice what is happening, but also the perfect person to know what to say.
I can imagine Draco being a very good drawer, oddly, even though I think he's a snivelling little coward in canon. The way he opens up is also believable, since she catches him at the wrong time.
HP Slash Luv chapter 1 . 7/15/2017
I'm reviewing this on behalf of the review-a-thon at The Golden Snitch forum. You should join.
Anyways, onto the review.
This was interesting. One thing that struck me as odd immediately, and it kept distracting me from the story. Draco and Luna shouldn't be in the same class because Luna is a year younger. I thought that was something you should know.
Now for the things I liked. Although Draco was a bit out of character, I thought you portrayal of Luna was amazing. You had her sympathetic and smart, which is something I always associated with Luna. Her words to Draco were beautiful.
I also like the idea of Draco being a good artist. He needs something to do to get rid of stress, and drawing is a great thing for that.
BeautifullyDamagedSimplyMe chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
Luna is so caring. I love reading Luna/Draco stories.
MoonlightForgotten chapter 1 . 6/24/2017
I like this story, it had a lot of depth for it, and with a less common couple. Nice going.
riah.renee chapter 1 . 6/23/2017
Good but Draco was a bit too nice. It's out of character.