Reviews for Hobbits on Ice
riynariddle chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
sequal! sequal, darnnit! you can't leave such a brilliant piece at that!
Ivory-Bride chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
Wow. that was great. I don't know quite what it was that made this fic so alluring, but the way it was told just explained everything. I loved the way you didn't blatently explain their feelings, but you expressed them perfectly without words. - It was beautiful.
Shamon too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
OH! Nummy. This was great. Is there any more? GOOD JOB!
Taiora chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Wow! Your writing is amazing… the imagery you’ve used… I can see every beautiful moment of your story! You’re an incredible writer, I cant wait to read any of your other stories!
Oselle chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
This little (in length, not quality) story is a great favorite of mine. I remember how it took me by surprise the first time I read it.I thought I was in for a sweet, light-hearted vignette, but by the time I finished, I was in tears. A perfect example of how the simplest ideas and setting can make a powerful emotional impact.

What I especially loved is the *rhythm* of the seems to flow in and out, back and as if the *words themselves* are skating. It makes the imagery of Frodo on the ice so vivid! And I just love this line: "It was as if he had lost something forever, and lost it, too, at the very moment that he had discovered he wanted it." So poignant.

Just a simply terrific, perfect piece of short fiction.
shirebound chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Another gem! Your writing shows us a tiny moment full of a lifetime of emotion. I would love to read a chapter 2 for this one!

And oh, I do love, "I expect I could," said Merry, with the thoughtless arrogance of the naturally graceful.
Luthien chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
poor Merry, you should write another chapter, one where Pippin comes to bag end!
Heidi Gamgee chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
figure-skating hobbits! Now that's with their feet. _ But seriously, this was pure loveliness. I absolutely love the way you handled Merry's emotional discovery & pain, it was subtle and beautiful and perfect. I could practically see Sam wringing his hands worrying over Frodo when he made that jump! You captured Sam perfectly too.

If ever you take to writing a multi-chaptered story, I'll be a very captive audience member. (That's a plea, by the way.)
MagicalRachel chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
Hi!

That was great - the thought of hobbits skating! And Sam as a team figure skater. that made me laugh so much! :) Ah, hobbits and ice skating: two of my favourite things! You write really well too with a great descriptive style!

I don't know if you realise or not, but you don't accept anonymous reviews. If you wanted to change this then you can on your login page - it's under 'settings'.

Hope to be hearing more from you!

Rachel x
Roh chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
Wow, I wouldn't usually go near slash fiction, but this one is very beautifully written. Thank you for sharing this :)
Citrine chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
Let me congratulate you on your excellent story! I have to say, I read your story by accident. I never look at slash if I can help it: Most slash revolts me! But your story was so well-written, and well..kind of beautiful. Thanks Teas