Reviews for A Doomed Marriage
ms.Tee2011 chapter 7 . 9/12
Can't wait till the next chapter
2muchtrouble chapter 7 . 9/10
Bella seems to be doing the best she can with where she has been placed in life. Curious about what happens next!
Mireads chapter 7 . 9/10
Very good
sujari6 chapter 7 . 9/10
Nobody seems bothered to help Bella adjust to this situation.
Savage Rob chapter 7 . 9/10
hmm shopping...did she have money?
DawnsWhimsy chapter 7 . 9/10
Well I like her moxie! She got what she wanted at a price she wanted to pay. She needs to use those smarts on Edward lol
Laetitiavanrooyen chapter 6 . 9/1
A very interesting story can't wait for next chaptet
Ummmm I am not sure if you did your homework, but telephones were very much available in the 90's. Many households even had two phone lines.
CougarInTheCloset chapter 6 . 8/25
Interesting...looking forward to more. I appreciate your efforts to write as often as you can. Good luck with school.
I'm curious, why mention Mr. Cullen stopping by with Kate at the end, only to say that Bella went straight to bed without eating? What was the purpose of that?

I'm having a hard time understanding the build-up of their relationship.
1990's isn't "old -fashioned" simply because some technology didn't exist.

So...just a cultural thing for the arranged marriage situation? Because for all that the US is a melting pot, etc., arranged marriages died out a long time ago in mainstream America. But, having just watched the movie "The Big Sick," I know there are some cultures that still perpetuate traditions that aren't "American" while living in America.

Is this sort of an alternate universe you're creating, where it's still common for arranged marriages to still take place in the US?

Just curious, because I'm trying to imagine our protagonists, and I'm having a hard time envisioning them as theoretical several-generations-in ("white") Americans.
Brenda1957 chapter 5 . 7/23
They matter to your readers!
elizabeth bennette chapter 6 . 7/23
Is Alice married to Jasper?
2muchtrouble chapter 6 . 7/23
Bella is the only one with open eyes. Is the wedding next?
readingandreading chapter 5 . 7/20
I have really been enjoying your story. I hope you feel refreshed after your hiatus and write more chapters. It's very intriguing so far and I'm interested to see what happens next! Thanks for sharing so far