Reviews for Before The Dawn
BioHazard82 chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
Interesting start to your story. Please update soon, and often!
Mx4 chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
Very interesting. Seems the ice is going to play a larger role in this story than fire. An intriguing idea indeed, at least if I'm not reading too much into Lyanna's vision of the winter tower beyond the Wall. Was so hoping to see this story come back again.

Cannot say how excited I am to see it be so! Onward good bard: onward! :D
sammycakes chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
Wait so Ashara told Ned about Rheagar and Lyanna and also the baby but he still killed Author and the Kingsguard? Wtf? Why? Wonder how on earth they will hide Jon. Wish I can remember how this story was written before.
xan-merrick chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
great start looking forward to more
angelcat70 chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
of to an intriguing start. Lyanna lives! and I can't wait to read how this affects the Great Game!
EveJHoang chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
I don't know if I read the former story... But I believe I'm going to love this one :D
XBolt51 chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
YES! I'm so gald you've brought the story back to life, though I did like the original ...
And I'm honestly glad you're going with the Ned/Ashara romance, because in terms of theme and story it just makes sense to me. But considering that you mentioned fAegon coming into play, is he going to be Ned and Ashara's bastard? I only ask based off of a theory I saw about it.
Are you going to incorporate some of your old story into the new addition? Assuming of course that you still have some if not all of your old chapters.
Baelorfan chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
Yes! Now, what is Ned to do with a baby that survived and a sister who survived? People are not stupid and maesters and midwives can tell if a woman has given birth. I thought Ned would ask Ashara for permission to use her name to protect Jon, or ask about the daughter Ashara lost, if there was a daughter. At least the latter. So I guess rumors have it wrong, Ashara was never pregnant, or Ned didn't know at the time.
chase manaena chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
please update as soon as you can
reaganrose1315 chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
I've been trying to fined this story I though it fell off the face of the earth!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
What? There homes are far away form each other. Start all is all the way on the south west of the co titnent and Vale was North East of the continent.
Blizzarddragon777 chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
Very good job keep it up.
Logan Locke chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
Forgive me in advance; for it has been a LONG time since I have reviewed a story! Whilst I was disappointed when you revealed your intention to rewrite Before The Dawn...I can truly say did a excellent job on the first chapter. I enjoyed your original version but could understand your point: there were aspects that could have been improved on. As it is, this is a fine start towards your revision.

You really captured Lyanna's fear and determination perfectly. Despite her labor pains, she thinks only of getting her baby to safety at Starfall. Yet Murphy's Law plays it's part: she could only give birth at the Tower of Joy. With the last of the loyal Kingsguard around her. Her deep seated fear of Gregor Clegane coming to skewer her and her child adds a deep suspense. Even as you know what TRULY comes about...you spin her psyche so well, that you truly get her panic.

Thankfully, it turns out to be Eddard and Howland Reed. The former's thoughts are certainly displayed with nuance towards the situation, regarding his weakened sister and new born nephew. The thought of how to keep the child safe from Robert's clutches, and what to do with Lyanna, weighs heavily upon the young lord's shoulders. Combine this with with the emotional reunion with Ashara Dayne...Ned is truly in a rough spot.

One that could be the death of his family...

I certainly look forward to seeing all you have done with this revision. Given how the first chapter ended, I get the feeling Ashara will play a key role. Whether as the child's mother as a cover, or other instances (you know what I refer to)...we may see some intriguing scenarios come about. Hopefully we see where Lyanna will fit into; whether as Robert's queen, or living in Winterfell.

Until next time!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
Cool story. I hope Lyanna and the child (Jon) are not separated claimed as a illegitimate.
Anime Princess chapter 1 . 6/25/2017
Interesting, I hope more comes soon!
1,185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 69 76 77 78 79