Reviews for Shall We Dance
Nobi-wobi chapter 5 . 8/28/2017
Hmmmm… I guessed from the fine clothes and her being around 25 that it must be Anne de Bourgh. When you said endless prattle, I thought "It must be Mr. Collins!" and of course being a parson confirmed it. It was great that Darcy asked, "Miss Bennett, is it too late for me to hide behind your skirts like a toddler?" and her remark, "I am afraid one skirt would hardly be sufficient to hide a man of your statute, Mr. Darcy." I love their repartee. They're perfect for each other. Elizabeth is great for him too, for bringing the best out of him. You were perfect at having Mr. Collins talking much but saying very little. She got herself into that mess :D I love Mary's line, "Lizzy… Do you realise you probably just made Charlotte Lucas the next mistress of Longbourn?"
Nobi-wobi chapter 4 . 8/28/2017
I properly laughed when Elizabeth started getting jealous of Darcy and Charlotte dancing together. It was her own doing! I love that Jane butt in saying Darcy danced two sets with Lizzy and Georgiana's subsequent surprise. It's very telling that he revealed what he really thought of the Bingley sisters and it's not very surprising to know what Elizabeth's reaction was to that revelation. Another laugh came at the end. Perhaps it wasn't someone from their party. I was only half right.
Nobi-wobi chapter 3 . 8/28/2017
I love the line when Darcy was socked and said, "We have already danced two sets. With the third set we would be practically engaged, and a fourth set would require grandchildren." Imagine the stories they'd tell their grandchildren. "It all happened in three hours…" I found myself wondering who the newcomers were. My mind immediately landed on Wickham. Then you mentioned Colonel and a goings woman around Lydia's age, so I thought Colonel Forster and his wife. But the reaction puzzled me. And Georgiana… why did she insist on coming when she's so shy and awkward in company. Elizabeth is wonderful, putting Georgiana at ease with her and others.
Nobi-wobi chapter 2 . 8/28/2017
Things are getting warmer here. She's clever - hiding a curtsey in the middle of a dance. First dance -enemies. Second dance - acquaintances. What would the next dance be? It's nice to know of more people Elizabeth is friends with. I detect a bit of interest on John Lucas' side, but Elizabeth has quashed any thought of that ship now. I'm surprised Darcy let slip something to do with his sister. In such a public place too. Trusted advisor now? I could see the cogs turning when Darcy was thinking about her reply. Was he wearing a frown all that time? Doesn't really matter now though because you ended the chapter with them both laughing.
Nobi-wobi chapter 1 . 8/28/2017
I've read this story through, but I really enjoyed it that I want to reread it through. Perhaps I'll reread it more times than once. So onto my actual review…
There were many times I smiled in different ways. Elizabeth exacting revenge had me sniggering for a good while but then it backfiring made me go, "HAH!" I loved the different analogies - my favourite being the chicken and the worm. Great start for them :D I love the switching of lines. My favourite of which is, "I believe we must have some conversation, madam." She replied archly, "Do you talk by rule, then, while you are dancing?" There are so many lines in here that I love. Perhaps my favourite is the paragraph beginning, "She gave him a calculating look," But the line I found most touching was when Elizabeth advised him, "If you would like a suggestion sir, you may want to pay more attention to your surroundings next time you say something like that." He replied with surprising vehemence, "There will be no next time." So this chapter was more smirking than laughing, although the paragraph I mentioned before made me laugh.
vickety chapter 7 . 8/27/2017
This was so good. Perhaps many would call it a farce, but i would disagree. You used the personality of the characters very well. I particularly like what you did with the three Bennet sisters. Elevating Elizabeth's social skills made the story work.

I forgot to ask this in my review of chapter 6: Is that a typo on Wickham's insult? I doubt you meant 'years'. Did you mean 'yours'? Maybe I'm dumb, but it didn't make sense.

Thanks for this story! It was loads of fun.
vickety chapter 6 . 8/27/2017
Oh what fun! At this point I am wondering who else could possibly show up! Maybe the Gardiners?
vickety chapter 5 . 8/27/2017
Wow. You are so funny!
vickety chapter 4 . 8/27/2017
I like your Georgiana. Clever girl.
vickety chapter 3 . 8/27/2017
What a great idea! I don't think I have ever read a story where Georgiana shows up at the assembly. Kudos to you for your originality!
vickety chapter 2 . 8/27/2017
This is very good. I like that he is smart enough to seek advice.
vickety chapter 1 . 8/27/2017
This was hilarious and brilliant.
ladyofthedragons1 chapter 7 . 8/24/2017
Such a cute story.
Lucy65 chapter 7 . 8/17/2017
Awwwww, that was so sweet! I loved all the humor and surprises. Anne was a hoot and I could read a whole story about her.
Having Wickham get a beating was the cherry on the sundae!
FineEyesPrettyWoman chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
must admit, would love to see the original twist of tricking Darcy into a dance in a non-farcical story.
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »