Reviews for Shaky Ground
onlybelieved chapter 13 . 3/3
I’ve been re reading this and i still enjoy it but i just want to say that some expressions irk me a little.
In this chapter Bella again apologises for “being a girl” and the term “girl” is used as a derogatory term. This has happened in a prior chapter as well and i thought i’d just let it slide but since it came up again i thought i’d ad my 2 cents. I think using this kind of language to describe a (legitimate!) feeling is doing women a disservice. B is a strong, smart, well educated, confident and successful womanthis could be used as an ode to women like her and yet the language subtlety degrades them. Language doesn’t just show things as they are, they also transform and form how we see things. You read this over and over again and you start to believe it: that showing emotions is girly and implicitly that’s supposed to mean weak.
A quick and easy change would be “Sorry for being emotional” even though- again- being emotional in that case is more than understandable and she’d have nothing to apologise for (which women do way too much of anyways)
I’ll end my feminist-linguistic rant here. Again, I’m enjoying this and thanks for writing and sharing!
Guest chapter 8 . 12/17/2021
JD Thorn chapter 23 . 10/18/2021
Why do I get the feeling that Edward and Bella will soon be moving to Portland?
shescomeundone1 chapter 24 . 8/12/2021
What a wonderful story so far
Dazzlingsparkle chapter 1 . 7/21/2021
LQUEZ
arthemys chapter 1 . 12/18/2020
Nice story!
Guest chapter 40 . 11/28/2020
Loved it. The whole thing was wonderful. Thanks. Regards Toni Smith toni-smith bigpond
aelita48 chapter 40 . 6/24/2020
It’s a wonderful fiction.
Thank you for imagining it.
Kisses
aelita48 chapter 9 . 6/20/2020
Thanks for the chapter.
aelita48 chapter 8 . 6/20/2020
Bella is a slut! Edward will succumb, she will seduce him.
aelita48 chapter 7 . 6/20/2020