Reviews for Growing Legacy
raggedclaws chapter 6 . 17h
I just sped through the prequel to this story over the past couple of days and was delighted to find out you’d already started a sequel! Personally, I don’t really care about seeing more of the other schools...I’m reading this story because I love your Harry and your Severus and all of your other characters, so what I really want is to keep seeing Hogwarts through this Harry’s mind. I feel like the Yule ball could turn into utter fluff, so it would be cool if there could be some kind of unexpected tense situation with a little drama/action for Harry and/or Severus.

In the past, you asked about how we see this story unfolding with regard to the last tournament task. I kind of wonder whether one of the powerful wizards in Britain/Hogwarts would be able to sense Harry’s magical signature...possibly Dumbledore since he met Harry in the past (I can totally see him figuring out who “Harrison” is and trying to come up with a scheme that actually ends up putting Harry in danger if not delivering him directly to a circle of Death Eaters, since Dumble’s plans haven’t been so great and he’s desperate since he doesn’t think he himself can handle Voldemort), but even Voldemort in his non-corporeal form might feel Harry’s signature (and/or the Horcrux, if that’s going to be an issue) entering the country and find a way to try to get to him. Ever since you had Severus heal Harry’s famous scar, I’ve wondered if the connection between Harry and Voldemort would still manage to emerge, but in different ways. When toddlerHarry felt his golem die (way back in the first story), he felt cold and sick, right? So it would make sense for him to feel Voldemort in the same way, which could create a great protective!Severus side plot (and you know your readers were drawn to this story in the first place partly because we love a protective and concerned Sev) and mystery as Harry begins to have symptoms and “visions” like he does in canon. That would add an interesting complication to the tournament tasks as well. But whatever happens, I have to admit that I’d like to see your Harry get to use his true potential, including wandless magic and that powerful core you hinted at when he levitated the Pegasus at age 4. I want to see him digging to the depths of his power and using it in some harrowing situations, but now he has Severus to help him afterwards.

Sorry if this comment is a bit too long, but your author’s notes seem to invite ideas and collaboration. In any case, I love this story and I’m so excited to see what happens! I hope you’ve recovered from your time in hospital—I know from personal experience that anything that would require 3 weeks’ physical recovery can take much, much longer for emotional recovery/processing, so I hope you are mending well in all senses. Looking forward to your next update!
SuzanneN chapter 6 . 23h
Can't wait for the next chapter. This is a bit of a filler chapter but thats ok.
As long as we don't have to wait to long. Please update again soon!
A fabulous story! Love it!3
kayviolet chapter 6 . 10/12
About the future tasks: if you do the lake one, be sure to make a way for spectators to watch something other than just the *surface of the lake* for an hour (JKR certainly didn’t think of that lol).
I think that, similar to Hermione in canon, Luna should have a reveal when Harry meets her for the ball. She can talk about how fun it was getting ready with the girls, or course, and how great it is to have real friends!
I don’t really think Hermione would go with Krum in this universe, but why would Hermione turn Ron down (unless she turned him down because he’s kind of a teenaged asshole, or she wasn’t planning on going at all)? I can’t reall see anyone else asking her to the ball if her bossiness and condescension towards those of “lesser intellect” increased at all since first year.
I wonder if Hermione will find out at some point that her old pen pal is there now.
Latarra chapter 6 . 10/11
Yay, another chapter! So much fun.
Phillies2 chapter 6 . 10/11
I'm not against a Luna Harry pairing, but things may get confusing with 2 Lunas. Also, yes I would like to see the Yule Ritual.
Lycan01 chapter 6 . 10/10
Good chapter.
EmmaRandomAs chapter 1 . 10/10
another great chapter. poor Luna won't know what hit her when they are all genuinely nice to her!
Temari's Angel chapter 6 . 10/10
I'm so happy with the update, I hope you put the Samhain ritual in the story and I hope with time both Luna and Hermoine make lasting friends with Harry and the group.
Thrushsong k'Varis chapter 6 . 10/10
I'd like seeing the girls hang out with Lovegood :)
Marshmallowmann chapter 6 . 10/10
finally. nice chapter.
Elenna Morwen chapter 6 . 10/10
Perhaps more interactions with Beauxbatons and Durmstrang yes. In the books it's mostly about Fleur and Viktor, and the others are a bit left out (and maybe F&V can go to the ball together ?). I think Hermione is too much annoying in this timeline, as you pointed out with the pen pal story. Without her friends she is just a self-righteous and pompous girl who thinks she knows everything.

Oh I want to "see" the Samhain ritual ! It would be a kick in the ass for Hogwarts who let down a such important tradition :D

PS: Severus letting Harry go to the ball without watching him while Dumbledore is around ? I don't think so ! I think he will "remain out of sight" as you said ;)
Mar91 chapter 6 . 10/10
I like
HA RIP RON
Foxy-Floof chapter 6 . 10/10
I love Luna! Both of them!

Also, I'm not entirely pleased to hear about Ron, honestly. Even as a footnote, if I'm being really honest. I feel like he's just an afterthought at this point. And it feels wrong to just hit a guy when he's already down.

Bad enough he's lazy, slovenly, and gluttonous, without adding rejection and general ignorance.