Reviews for A Peculiar Dream
Aylatha chapter 49 . 8/2
Are you sure that's accurate? Marie Antoinette's mother, Archduchess Maria Theresia of Austria, was, while being an absolute monarch, being influenced by the movement of Enlightment. She made school attendance mandatory for every child, for example, regardless of social status or sex. I honestly can't imagine that Maria Antonia was so ignorant or negligent. What I do know is that the French nobility hated her (they called her "Autrichienne", a mix of the words "Austrian" and "dog"), and did what they could to discredit her - I've even heard that the "let them eat cake"-phrase was circulated by them. It is possible that Maria Antonia liked to be pampered and spend lots of money, but that can't have been a result of her upbringing. She was married off to an enemy country to bring about peace, and the people there hated her. It was a very complex situation.
Aylatha chapter 45 . 8/2
I understand the thing about Leia wanting to be a senator, but she can't be a senator while either Luke or Vader are on the throne. That would be a conflict of interest, and no-one would take it well.
Aylatha chapter 33 . 8/1
I'd guess that the "exchange rings or not" thing is a cultural one, as not all cultures on Earth have wedding rings. That's a Christian/Western concept. I know that in certain Muslim countries, the brides receive wedding brangles made from gold instead. So some of the Star Wars-cultures might have rings, others not.
stripedfly1001 chapter 10 . 7/29
In my opinion, Padme went through quite a bit on that awful day and the stress just became too much for her. I'm certain that on any other given day, she would have lived for her children.
FelixtheSax chapter 53 . 6/28
So! Great!

Probably in my top 3 completed Star Wars stories, but I'd be hard pressed to name one I enjoyed more. Thank you for writing this!
FelixtheSax chapter 26 . 6/28
Props for the double reveal! This story is fantastic, and I love it. i don't think I've ever read something like this, and I'm so glad to have found it. I hope the rest is just as good, and I'm sure it will be.
Acacia Jules chapter 31 . 6/22
I've completely lost all respect for your Leia. She's an embarrassment to women. She's 20, and insisting upon marrying some guy she's never dated, actually never spent much time with (since he would be off on missions or with Luke all the time), and is really only insisting upon marrying him because her father said no. She's just a teenage rebellion. This is the type of woman, who had kids like Kylo Ren. You've ruined the strong, beautiful, independent woman that Carrie Fisher helped create, and was a role model for little girls around the world. You've ruined your story on top of that, constantly making the 20-something brats, who barely have any knowledge of the real world, supposedly run their teachers/parents around constantly, and always know better than them. You write like a 16-yr-old, and despite being married, I'm really beginning to question how old you are...
Acacia Jules chapter 30 . 6/22
Are you serious?! Why are you in such a rush to marry Han and Leia?! There's a VERY GOOD REASON they didn't just pair them together immediately. For one thing, Leia was a strong, independent woman, who wasn't so desperate and needy that she'd marry some guy that quickly? NOR would Han have ever agreed to marry that quickly. It took him TIME to admit he had any real feelings for her. This isn't believable at all, and is become a bad teenage fan fic, as bad as Twilight (and nothing is worse than Twilight).
Acacia Jules chapter 29 . 6/22
There's a reason Leia and Han didn't stay together. They were a TERRIBLE couple.
Acacia Jules chapter 25 . 6/22
...the SLOW romance of Han and Leia is one of the best parts, her not wanting to admit she was attracted to Han. Why are you rushing it, and making her act completely OOC?!
Acacia Jules chapter 2 . 6/22
Are you sure you watched the movies? Why is older Luke so anti- his father? They made up, and Vader became ANAKIN after he died, he wasn't Vader anymore, and he had rejected the darkside. The entire basis of this fic makes no sense, because you don't seem to even know the basics of the Original Series.
Acacia Jules chapter 1 . 6/22
Ummm, Luke DOES realize that he's also responsible for all the LIVES lost that were on the Death Star, right? The thousands of people that died when he blew it up? I don't get why that's always glossed over...
Bashuka chapter 10 . 6/20
The premise of this story seemed a bit too silly/mushy for my taste, but you are pulling it off nicely. Besides, and this is rare, the humour in your story rings true to the original trilogy, IMO (well, the chapter with the 2 Jedi ghosts may be a bit too much?). Good characterization, too: Luke is naive and goodhearted, but not stupid, Leia is strongheaded but reasonable, and Han is being both cynical and heroic. Nobody is behaving stupidly in order to advance the plot (which is more than can be said of many actually professional works, nowadays). Congrats!
devo342 chapter 5 . 6/11
Now I have the image of Vader as a tsundere I do not like it
BlackGryphon101 chapter 4 . 6/8
Looks like Chewie is the un-offical head of the family and probably the only one with a cool head in the group. Although something tells me his plan in going to be very interesting for all involved.
1,110 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »