Reviews for Truth and Lies
blackcat.shoto chapter 1 . 8/8
The true and serious Poland! I love it!
Alexander Potterhead chapter 1 . 3/1
This is such a good story!
RONbatakappu chapter 1 . 11/24/2020
This is very well written fic and I loved how you made it so that all the countries have a giant library committed to their history, life experiences, culture and geography. 10/10 will read again.
catandbear chapter 1 . 7/23/2020
I usually hate these kind of fics, cause as a Polish Jew it often comes across as disrespectul. But this was really well done. The reactions were just so real and the dialogue was amazing and it's clear you really did your reaserch.
EchoTasteLightZim chapter 1 . 4/24/2020
Very well written. Is it bad to say I am rather interested in reading his struggle?
Obskurus chapter 1 . 1/19/2020
All right. First I must tell that I'm totaly shocked. I just read polish translation of this story and thought 'Hey why not check how is it writed in English!?', so I came here. All this emotions I felt while I was reading were amazing. I was personaly in Oświęcim and Auschwitz-Birkenau and I know about reality of this camp from guide who had heard all of this from former prisoners. You wonderfull get away personification of Poland character. A little stubborn but still he said truth when he was faced with evidents.
I don't know if you will understand anything from this review, it's so chaotic, but it's too late at night and I feel too many emotions after reading it to write it better. Sorry for my mistakes, English isn't my native language I'm still learning it.
viennese.caffee chapter 1 . 8/21/2017
It's an amazing fic! And I do mean it!
It's balanced, you don't hyperbolise any of characters emotions or reactions. You don't make their dialogues about Oświęcim unnecessarly gorly descriptive what makes them even more suggestive. Their sink deeper into the mind of the reader. They certainly did sink into mine.

Would you mind me translating this story into Polish?
Hetalia-Writer-2.0 chapter 1 . 6/30/2017
This. Was. Awesome. One of the best Poland/Holocaust fics I've read. I'm Jewish in heritage, myself. Thank you for not letting people forget, even in a 'happy' fandom. Historical Hetalia is my favorite.

I have my own headcanon on the numbers on Poland's arm. I think they will stay there until the last survivors of the holocaust leave us. But Poland will never forget them, and he will never stop making sure it NEVER happens again.

Great Story. Thank you!
EemeraldNinja chapter 1 . 6/29/2017
That was really good.
I am from Poland and I live in Gdańsk, so I know polish history pretty well, but your knowledge is impressing.