Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unexpected Friend
eo20000 chapter 19 . 9/15
first time reviewing, I really enjoyed this story, had a great mix of emotional character development with story progression. I've seen a lot of stories with a good premise get bogged down in emotional progression and angst so much so some times it feels like they don't even have a plot and are just emotional self flagellation. I loved this, going to start the sequel shortly.
Spark of Fate chapter 19 . 9/7
Incredible story. I was dishearten as I neared the end of the story, worried as to how it would end, only to see that there's a sequel! 248k words and still going!

Now I'm very excited! Thank you for writing such a sweet story so far. I can't wait to read your sequel!
SunPho3n1x chapter 19 . 8/19
This was such a great story! I really enjoyed it. I like the bond between Harry and Daphne and how Harry is slowly learning more about his world. Thank you for writing this.
dveth chapter 1 . 7/17
Reading the same scene from two different perspectives is disorienting, annoying, and pointless.
Jimbocous chapter 19 . 7/14
Thanks for a great read. Nicely done! Still chuckling about the Jame Gumb potion. Totally evil:)
StellaStarMagic chapter 19 . 7/12
All in all, it was an entertaining read. Here and there a few small things that bothered me, but nothing that was enough to stop me from reading. Well written, good structuring of sentences and good punctuation, lively dialogue. A job well done.
StellaStarMagic chapter 3 . 7/9
interesting enough so far, but rereading events I've read a paragraph or two earlier is jarring. The POV change doesn't make it any better.
Dobby: I can protect Mister Harry Potter by BLINDING ALL THOSE WHO MIGHT WISH TO HARM HIM!
Writing dreams into stories chapter 5 . 6/13
"Let's write to each other everyday"

"No, we are just friends!"

Suspicious lmao
K chapter 19 . 4/14
What a brilliant story. Very unputdownable! Looking forward to the next part.
The chapter title; a "Star Trek" Quote? :-)
Kagyuubi chapter 19 . 2/11
Loved it! I really wanted a slow burn romance, in a story written like the books. I'm also glad you're not stopping right at the best part - I can't wait to read the sequel. Thanks for sharing!
marvinkitfox1 chapter 19 . 2/4
This is a very solid story, and a nice read.

The (active) characters are well fleshed out, and consistent, although the rest of the world and the other players in the world are superficial at best. Mind you, this is not so different from J.K.'s books.

All in all, a good solid and enjoyed read, but not in my top ten. (sorry)
odonnellzoo99 chapter 19 . 1/4
A very sweet ending to a nice story. I wish that I had the patience to wait until Unexpected Dogfather was Complete to start it, but I won’t. I’ll dive in to find out what happens after the kiss. Then I’ll get sucked in, catch up to the most recent update, and check my email everyday looking for new updates like an addict.
Thank you for sharing your creativity.
kateplay chapter 19 . 1/4
As a big fan of Harry Daphne fan I was so happy to find your story spent the weekend reading part 1 and loved every word