Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unexpected Friend
Harry is a brainless moron this entire story. He’s not this fucking stupid, just ignorant. Huge difference in being stupid and uninformed, but you write Harry as both monumentally stupid and hugely lacking in information with no desire to fix either without being forced to or nagged into it. This Harry deserves a slow painful death.
Fucking idiotic. Too bad Harry didn’t die…. I hate stupid people. Stupid people deserve to die.
This Harry is stupid and blind.
NhaTrang chapter 18 . 7/26
Ugh, there's a serious flub. "How was he going to repay them for all this?" The part where HP is rich, and he not only knows it, but has been using his coin for presents for his friends ... ?
NhaTrang chapter 10 . 7/25
Something I'm definitely appreciating about this story is the degree to which the characters aren't moronically and self-destructively focused on Their Wishlist Right Or Wrong. I like that Dumbledore is musing over the degree to which pushing forward on keeping Harry a dumb puppet (a) might be counterproductive, (b) not work anyway, and (c) may well be bad for the boy. I like that Ginny is musing over how being Harry's friend is enough for now and that she can be patient and wait.

Way too many bashing fics out there where Dumbles just keeps pushing the I-Know-Best-Always to absurd and self-defeating lengths, or where Ginny just keeps pushing the He's-Mine-Die-Bitch-DIE! mantra to absurd and self-defeating lengths. Thank you for being more nuanced about it all.
BohemianVoldemort chapter 10 . 6/16
You are really rushing this story by using Daphne as a cure-all to answer everything. Reading this, it almost feels like she's breaking the fourth wall how she seemingly pulls correct answers out at every stop. Let the story breathe, give us some space between plot points and let the characters digest things!
tomascatts chapter 3 . 6/10
I can't take the repetition in this anymore. First part is Harry view second part is Daphne and both are the same. Going to go now. Good luck on your writing.
Jack chapter 2 . 5/19
Here's more about how people think Ron is an idiot piece of shit. How original.
tieflin chapter 19 . 5/17
I very much enjoyed this fic! I really like your characterization of Daph and also how Harry matures and changes because of her friendship. I'm glad that he brought Neville into his friend group as well. It was really cool seeing the whole Chamber business be taken care of mid-year so we actually got to see Harry experience half of a normal school year, without threat of something over him. I'm glad he is taking Runes and Arithmancy too. I quite like the Greengrass family as a whole and it's nice that he's spent the summer with them. Them finally kissing was great too! The hints of Draco causing trouble in the next year are worrisome but hopefully he fails to accomplish anything, especially in hurting Daph or Astoria. Thanks for sharing!
blcoachmac chapter 19 . 4/8
Absolutely amazing! Extremely well written! Now on to pary two!
blcoachmac chapter 18 . 4/8
Dumbledore is in for a shit storm I hope!
blcoachmac chapter 17 . 4/8
Harry is about to really get pissed at Dumbledore! He also is gonna find a new level of determination!
blcoachmac chapter 15 . 4/7
Keeping them scared to share their feelings is funny! Great job!
blcoachmac chapter 13 . 4/7
C'mon Harry man up!
blcoachmac chapter 12 . 4/7
Yes! Minerva gonna get involved forHarry! Any help will benefit him!